Forum

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    You need to add a value (75?) to i_group_needed_member_add_power and i_group_needed_member_remove_power to prevent Guest group users to add/remove themselfes from those respective groups.

People being able to get SA rights

Hi,

I have an issue with someone that is able to give himself SA rights using some kind of exploit within TS3 Server.
    To be honest, I have no idea how of what is needed to do this. Tried to do all the default steps to get him out of the server.

1) Cleared all permissions for Groups and Channels.
    2) Re-created all groups and channels.
    3) Even did a clean install of Teamspeak 3 Server.

I can call myself "lucky" that this guy is not overly abusing this on my server (as where I see him get SA rights on random TS3 servers and start taking away SA rights from SA's and banning people).

Still, this annoys the living crap out of me that I am not able to restrict my server to a level where I can keep SA rights on the server and for "outsiders" not to be able to give themselves SA rights using what ever exploit they are using.

Hope anyone can help me out .

How do you know he is exploiting something? Just asking.
    Did you check the needed group member add power for your groups and the add power of guests?

I can give my self server groups as a guest

Hello ive been fixing this problem for 2 weeks now still i havent fix it yet can anyone help me new people who join my teamspeak can give them self a higher server group except server admin but they can give them selves the server groups that i just made. here is the screenshot of the problem https://gyazo.com/f2be5299a3e62c6b0d3ba97619fdd174
    Last edited by dante696; June 24th, 2017 at 12:03 PM. Reason: size and size removed / merged

Your groups have no needed member add power or Guest's member add power is to high.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Restrict group(s) to assign other groups:
    Set a value for i_group_needed_member_add_power and set it higher than other groups i_group_member_add_power.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

How do i set up Server Groups powers

How do I set up Server Group powers so a new member can come in give them self "member" but can't take it away after
    Last edited by dante696; June 28th, 2017 at 11:19 AM. Reason: merged

How to fix the add power for clients?

Everytime I try to fix the add power for the groups, it doesn't work, people without any administration power can add themselves to "Guest/Normal" user groups. How to fix that?
    Last edited by dante696; July 21st, 2017 at 01:51 PM. Reason: merged

User in "Guest" group able to remove a user from another group

Hello all,

I'm no expert, but I'm trying to figure out what my permissions issue is with a couple of groups. I have a group set up for clan members, that is there so it automatically sets up their tags once added (the Show Group Name in Tree setting is set). Apparently anyone in the "Guest" group can remove others from the "Tags" group. They can't add them back, but I can't figure out how they are able to do this. I'm not sure if it's a setting on the "Guest" group that is allowing this, or something in the "Tags" group. Any ideas? It's seems to only be these two groups as I have tested this with other groups and they are not able to as they are greyed out.

Thank you in advance!

Set server group

It looks like non-administrators have administrator rights.
    If someone doesn't have server adminstrator rights and click on his nickname (right click), they can see set server group and they can change to adminstrator or other server group names (see print screen in attachment)
    Of course it should not be possible for them to change those settings: I want it grey so that they can't change it anymore.
    Could someone help me?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	teamspeak4.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	127.8 KB 
ID:	16111
    Last edited by dante696; November 3rd, 2017 at 01:11 PM. Reason: merged

Check the member powers of each group (member_add_power, needed_member_add_power, same for remove). Groups can be added or removed if the client has the needed power.

When I go to permissions -> server groups -> group -> modify then I see everything on power 75
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	teamspeak3-4.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	16112
    Last edited by Julian1; November 1st, 2017 at 11:34 AM.

Grant is not the problem. I talk about values. And about every group.

I have checked every group for the member_add_power, needed_member_add_power the values is 70 for the remove is value 75
    Last edited by Julian1; November 1st, 2017 at 02:17 PM.

So you found the issue.

When I put the pilots values on 75 it becomes grey but the other server groups still are black when I put the values on 75.

Thread Information