Forum

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Allow/Restrict that Guest or Admins can assign/remove groups.

Hello

On my Team Speak server I made special server group called Server Moderator, the group have basic admin rights as:
    - moving users
    - kicking users
    - banning / unbanning users
    - creating/modifying channels
    etc...

I would like to expand it so they could also assign server groups, HOWEVER I dont want them to be able to assign all servers groups such as Administrator or even Server Moderator and as well I want to prevent that they could remove Server Moderator from other mods.

if anyone can point me out in right direction I would be grateful.

Allow to assign another groups:
    Set a value in permission i_group_member_add_power that is equal or higher as other group's i_group_needed_member_add_power.

Restrict group to assign other groups:
    Set a value for i_group_needed_member_add_power and set it higher than other groups i_group_member_add_power.

Allow to remove target groups:
    The value for i_group_member_remove_power needs to be equal or higher as other group's i_group_needed_member_remove_power.

Restrict to remove target groups:
    The value for i_group_member_remove_power needs to be lower as targets i_group_needed_member_remove_power.

Hint: You can't say that a group should only be allowed to give/remove one target group.
    This group will be able to assign or remove all other groups where the value of current power is equal or lower than other groups needed power.
    Last edited by dante696; January 21st, 2019 at 12:03 PM. Reason: edited for main topic
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

As dante said your Server Moderator Group needs an i_group_member_add_power equal to (or higher than) the i_group_needed_member_add_power of the Group you want your Moderators to be able to assign andlower than the i_group_needed_member_add_power of all the groups you do not want them to be able to give to others.

Same goes for removing Groups, so your Moderator group needs an i_group_member_remove_power of higher than any Group you want them to be able to remove from other Clients and lower than the i_group_needed_member_remove_power of the Moderator Group itself as well as any other Group you don't want them to remove.

Thanks guys.

stop server groups assigning server groups to guests

Hi,

Little problem, I have my normal server group users (not admin) assigning to guests the same server group so guests now have more permissions.

How can i stop them from doing this please?

Many thanks

Dave.
    Last edited by dante696; May 3rd, 2016 at 08:38 AM. Reason: merged

All you have to do is set the i_group_member_add_power of the normal group strictly lower than the i_group_needed_member_add_power of the normal group.

Hi,

thanks for that, I wnet - group and removed group member add power, so now only admin group can do it.

Thanks for quick reply

Dave

Group permission only allow to assign 1 group

How can I make a group be able to set just a group?
    Example 'Super-Moderator' be ablo to set group 'registered' but not able to set moderator/administrator group?
    Last edited by dante696; June 30th, 2015 at 01:20 PM. Reason: merged, we havea forum search

Nearly impossible, when other groups do have less needed member add power.

Hint: nobody wants to help, when you do not provide a permission overview of all target groups.
    Bumps will be deleted without any warning
    Last edited by dante696; January 15th, 2019 at 08:37 AM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Guests keep giving themselves server groups.

How can I stop this from happening? Because it's very annoying.
    Last edited by dante696; September 13th, 2015 at 02:15 PM. Reason: merged

Remove their i_group_member_add_power or set it to a negative value like -10
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Anyone can set the server groups.

Guys i have an issue with the permissions.
    Anyone in the server, like guest etc. can set the server groups.
    How can i change it?
    Last edited by dante696; September 8th, 2015 at 08:08 AM. Reason: merged

Free 32 slot Teamspeak 3 Guest can assign anything Please Help!

Hello everyone,

I recently set up a free 32 slot server for my clan. I added all the server groups we normally need and adjusted the permissions appropriately for each group. I do have some knowledge of setting up groups cause I rented teamspeak servers before from other vendors. What I've been noticing is guest can come in and assign any group to themselves except Server Admin. and I noticed the lower rank groups can do this also. I removed everything from group modify, removed grants etc. and still they can add themselves to whatever they want. I had a friend take a look also and he does not understand whats going cause he says everything looks correct, people shouldn't be able to add themselves to whatever group they want. Can someone please help us!

Thank You For Your time.
    Last edited by dante696; September 13th, 2015 at 02:10 PM. Reason: merged, we have a search feature

Comapre their i_group_member_add_power which should be 0 / or not set with target groups i_group_needed_member_add_power.

Set Server Group Problem.

ok guys sorry if this has been posted, but i have look across many of forums to try & find this answer to my problem.
    I don't normally hit forums I normally can work things out on my own, but this has me scratching my head for the last week.

ok i have several sever groups made up.
    server Admin
    TS Mod
    Admin
    clan1
    vip
    game 1
    game 2
    game 3

ok of cause server admin is the highest at lvl 75.
    next down is ts mod at 70
    admin is down to 60
    member is 50
    clan1 is 35
    vip is 30
    guest is set at 0 (25 is default)
    game 1
    game 2
    game 3 all three game groups i dont want permissions but just to display icons.

what my problem is, is that if anyone entered the server they could give them self's only up to member status.
    can someone help me out here as this makes zero sense to me. how can a guest give them selfs all game + VIP clan1 & member status with no permissions.

mind you that lvl 50 really don't give much except accessing all rooms in the server no other permission.

personally I think its 1 permission that I might have ticked or granted access somewhere I can't for the life of me work it out.
    Last edited by dante696; September 16th, 2015 at 09:48 AM. Reason: merged

Thread Information