Forum

Invalid permission ID

Hello,

when I add permission: Group is Permament I had error: "Invalid Permission ID" its Guest.
    Help me

Regards,
    DziuDziu

Your description is not enough to explain what is going on.

Are you trying to set the default Guest group to permanent?
    The default server group can not be set to permanent. It must be a temporary group.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

You cannot set the default group to permanent, attempting to do so will yield the error you describe.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    You cannot set the default group to permanent, attempting to do so will yield the error you describe.
    Sorry to necro this thread, but my issue is on this topic and the answer doesn't fully quench my curiosity.

When I try to "Add Permission" to the GUEST server group's "Group is Permanent" setting (it is currently greyed out), I get an error message "invalid permission ID."

The above answer by Chris would make me think that this GUEST group setting cannot be altered.

My issue is that I have an older server that has the GUEST server group's "Group is Permanent" permission ticked off and I am UNABLE TO REMOVE the permission on that server.

Is it normal for the Guest "Group is Permanent" setting to be greyed out and unalterable by the server admin currently? Or is there a setting I am overlooking that I need to change that will allow me to change it? I just installed this server, so the setting was greyed out when I first saw it.

My current server version is 3.9.1 on a Linux box. My older server version is 3.0.10.3 on a Windows Server (from January 6, 2014 according to the old releases page).
    Last edited by Bisquik; July 26th, 2019 at 05:04 AM. Reason: grammar

You can not make the group permanent or delete as long the group is set as the default server group on that server.
    These are the only restrictions for the group.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thank you for clarifying that! I appreciate it!

Thread Information