Forum

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    No, it's incorrect!
    Why should Guest have a i_group_member_add_power or i_group_member_remove_power?
    Remove both permissions + Grant! from Guest group.
    You don't want that your Guest can do things with groups.

In case they should be able to add or remove users from a groups, then your target groups where they should not be allowed to do needs higher values in their own i_group_needed_member_add_power , i_group_needed_member_remove_power.

Setting the same value in "Add Power" and "Needed Add Power" in the same group is a bit nonsense if you do not plan that user in the group cann add more users to this group.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Still not working...Guest are still able to give them self normal...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

What is the needed member add power of your Normal group and which Member add power do your channel groups have?

Raise the the i_group_needed_member_add_power of the Normal group in case the needed memner add power is same or lower as any channel group's i_group_member_add_power.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

everyone can set his servergroup to similar groups

i discovered, that users can set their server group, depite not beeing allowed to view the permissions of this group.
    but in group->modify the only permission set is i_group_needed_modify_power 75

to be more specific: i have many groups with the exact same permissions (well, every group with other priviliges are mod or admin groups). the only difference is the name of the group. a user of this group can now add himself to every other group (which has the same permissions).
    This is not what i want. I want that a user of this group has no influence on anything regarding groups.

my group permissions: http://i.imgur.com/yzliAEG.png

Anyone can set that group anytime because there is no i_group_needed_member_add_power set in that group.
    See post #2 for more details.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Anyone can set that group anytime because there is no i_group_needed_member_add_power set in that group.
    See post #2 for more details.
    this means having no i_group_needed_member_add_power is euqal an i_group_needed_member_add_power 0 ? this is confusing ^^

Yes, that's the case for nearly all permissions beginning with i_.

Restrict that server group can assign channel groups

I am setting up a Server Group and i give access to that group Assign and Remove members with Voice access.
    But that Server Group can give Channel Admin to everyone.
    How can give that Server Group access to give some other Server Groups without acess to chose Channel Admins ?
    Last edited by dante696; November 12th, 2016 at 11:28 PM. Reason: merged

That's only possible when server group's value for i_group_member_add_power is lower than channel group's i_group_needed_member_add_power.

Group Rank Permissions

Hey guys, so here I have a set of ranks for my server;

Admin
    Head Admin
    Server Admin
    Global Admin

Now the ranks above are for ingame which are Staff and the ranks that have TS permissions are the SA's and GA's.
    Now I want a Channel Admin (Channel Group) to be able to give other players the Channel Admin rank including the staff for their channels with out being able to add/remove clients Server Groups how can i do so?

now again i want to be able to give any rank a channel admin but i dont want to be able to add/ remove server groups as a channel admin
    Last edited by dante696; November 13th, 2016 at 12:44 PM. Reason: merged

Just set Channel Admin's i_group_member_add_power to a value which s lower than the lowest i_group_needed_member_add_power in your server groups.

Do the same thing with the i_group_member_remove_power and you have what you did request.

Restrict group(s) to assign other groups:
    Set a value for i_group_needed_member_add_power and set it higher than other groups i_group_member_add_power.

Restrict to remove target group(s):
    The value for i_group_member_remove_power needs to be lower as targets i_group_needed_member_remove_power.

Question

So i have been able to get Guest to not give normal but they are able to take normal away from other users?!

Just set Channel Admin's i_group_member_add_power to a value which s lower than the lowest i_group_needed_member_add_power in your server groups.

Do the same thing with the i_group_member_remove_power and you have what you did request.
    Is that the same for my question?

Quote Originally Posted by Llamalord View Post
    So i have been able to get Guest to not give normal but they are able to take normal away from other users?!
    Please read Restrict to remove target group(s): from post 1 or my post above.

Quote Originally Posted by Earnie Sanders View Post
    Is that the same for my question?
    Yes the all content in post 56 is for you.

Permission Setup Help Needed

i have a gaming community and i need help getting my perms fixed for each server group and its starting to make me up set and i need help here please someone help us fix these issues
    Last edited by dante696; November 16th, 2016 at 01:34 PM. Reason: merged

Thread Information