Forum

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Allow/Restrict that Guest or Admins can assign/remove groups.

Hello

On my Team Speak server I made special server group called Server Moderator, the group have basic admin rights as:
    - moving users
    - kicking users
    - banning / unbanning users
    - creating/modifying channels
    etc...

I would like to expand it so they could also assign server groups, HOWEVER I dont want them to be able to assign all servers groups such as Administrator or even Server Moderator and as well I want to prevent that they could remove Server Moderator from other mods.

if anyone can point me out in right direction I would be grateful.

Allow to assign another groups:
    Set a value in permission i_group_member_add_power that is equal or higher as other group's i_group_needed_member_add_power.

Restrict group to assign other groups:
    Set a value for i_group_needed_member_add_power and set it higher than other groups i_group_member_add_power.

Allow to remove target groups:
    The value for i_group_member_remove_power needs to be equal or higher as other group's i_group_needed_member_remove_power.

Restrict to remove target groups:
    The value for i_group_member_remove_power needs to be lower as targets i_group_needed_member_remove_power.

Hint: You can't say that a group should only be allowed to give/remove one target group.
    This group will be able to assign or remove all other groups where the value of current power is equal or lower than other groups needed power.
    Last edited by dante696; January 21st, 2019 at 12:03 PM. Reason: edited for main topic
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

As dante said your Server Moderator Group needs an i_group_member_add_power equal to (or higher than) the i_group_needed_member_add_power of the Group you want your Moderators to be able to assign andlower than the i_group_needed_member_add_power of all the groups you do not want them to be able to give to others.

Same goes for removing Groups, so your Moderator group needs an i_group_member_remove_power of higher than any Group you want them to be able to remove from other Clients and lower than the i_group_needed_member_remove_power of the Moderator Group itself as well as any other Group you don't want them to remove.

Thanks guys.

stop server groups assigning server groups to guests

Hi,

Little problem, I have my normal server group users (not admin) assigning to guests the same server group so guests now have more permissions.

How can i stop them from doing this please?

Many thanks

Dave.
    Last edited by dante696; May 3rd, 2016 at 08:38 AM. Reason: merged