Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Solved TS Host company says Host button affects all severs in cluster???

so i just signed up for a teamspeak server at one of the many host companies and they said "There are no disabled features." but also stated in the fine print "we have to limit three and only three things. The size of your server, the ftp quota, and any permission that would interfere with our other customers." When i logged on to change the host message and host banner to personalize it to our group i notice the host button was disabled. I emailed them about it and told me they cant change it cause it affects all the other servers in the cluster. I have had other host companies let me change it.

So my question is does the host button affect all servers?

hers a pic of what im talking about

Simple answer no. Allowing you to change your host button will not effect all other servers.

i dont mean all the servers everywhere but the servers on their cluster or whatever.

this was part of the response i got when asking. "The host features are features that affect every server in the cluster."

Quote Originally Posted by phittles View Post
    this was part of the response i got when asking. "The host features are features that affect every server in the cluster."
    As @TexasTeamspeak answered: Simple answer no. Allowing you to change your host button will not effect all other virtual servers.

This parameter it's only for your virtual server, as it's indicated in the title of the window: "Manage Virtual Server" (this virtual server).

The name of the permission is "b_virtualserver_modify_hostbutton" - so it's a server permission, not a global permission.

phittles
    You can believe all answers above . It only affects your own virtual server and none of other customers.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thing is most (all?) Hosting Companies like new and more Customers, so they would like their Name and Website to be mentioned somewhere so People that come on their existing Servers and are possibly thinking about getting their own TS3 buy from them.
    That's why they prevent you from taking the Host Button out, so they have that shiny button in the toolbar of every Client.

Ultimately it is the host that decides if they want to allow the host button to be changed. It is possible to have the server initially setup with the company's host button by default and then allow the customer to change it if they wish.

As Texas said, the Tab and options are called "Host" not "Customer"...
    Its up to the hoster which options (Message, Banner, Button) they enable or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcazar View Post
    As Texas said, the Tab and options are called "Host" not "Customer"...
    Its up to the hoster which options (Message, Banner, Button) they enable or not.
    yeah but when a TS host company say specifically on their site that there are no disabled features and then disable features thats wrong. it would be different if they didnt say anything.

Please don't blame us then
    Your hoster did definitly not activate some features on your server. Maybe he heared the same thing from someone lese and saw it as a risk, to activate this feature.

But there is definitly no problem, when some options are enabled for your server.

I understand , why the costumer should not be able to change the slots on his server or to modify the Welcome message
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

No im not blaming you i was blaming the company that i rented from.

Thread Information