Forum

Teamspeak 3 Causing Lag spikes

Hello guys, i recently went back to wow to play with my friend in his guild, as it does raid it has a teamspeak chat dedicated to the guild, problem is, whatever game im on Lol/diablo/wow and i have teamspeak up at the same time it causing lag spikes, and its fine when i turn it off.

I have checked it time in and time out and it HAS to be a problem related with teamspeak or the server.
    I really need someone to help me out because i've been looking everywhere for people with similar problems and i cannot find it, and when i say this is a problem it is.

I cant play any games whilst in teamspeak its unplayable, and i need to be in teamspeak for raids.

ANY help regarding this situation would be nice i just need it fixed.

( if its any help i realised my packet loss can go up to 10% sometimes when someone speaks ).

Quote Originally Posted by Patchey View Post
    ( if its any help i realised my packet loss can go up to 10% sometimes when someone speaks ).
    Indicates your Internet is too slow to process the Game Data and the TS3 Voice Data at the same time. Either that or your CPU is too busy with the game and cannot process the Packets for TS3 fast enough.

Thing is i've had the same internet and havnt had a problem with TS3 until now, and regarding my CPU, i normally have several game open/skype open etc without problems, i tried teamspeak with just wow and teamspeak itself, no skype or anything else and the problem remained there.

Can i further express that my lag spikes are more than just lag spikes sometimes it even DC's me from the games, so its quite bad.

Try deactivating 'Echo cancelation' in the TS3:
    Settings --> Options -> Capture --> Uncheck 'Echo cancelation' and Apply

I have the exact same problem, just not with WoW, but with LoL. It used to be fine, but few days ago it screwed up. Pls help me!!!

EDIT: I can see that this post has over 9k views, but yet no solution had been brought to it. So does anyone even care about client support here?
    Last edited by rachero; February 28th, 2014 at 07:58 PM.

I'm getting sick of finding this problem mentioned all over but there is never a solution. I guess everyone just starts using a new voice chat program.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaaboose View Post
    I'm getting sick of finding this problem mentioned all over but there is never a solution. I guess everyone just starts using a new voice chat program.
    Still nothing? I've found it seems to fluctuate when the picture in team speak is changed. Sometimes i get nothing, sometimes i get tonns.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaaboose View Post
    Still nothing? I've found it seems to fluctuate when the picture in team speak is changed. Sometimes i get nothing, sometimes i get tonns.

i seem to have the same problem, i installed a traffic shaping program and it showedup that teamspeak 3 suddenly causes a lag spike and uses an enormous amount of bandwith, everytime this happens the image (in my case a gif) stoped playing and after the lag spike it played again, so i think to that the issue is caused by the image, best way to test is to remove the images and see what i does. I dont have this problem on every teamspeak server so i think it could be an issue at the host of the teamspeak server or even the connection to the server the image is stored on.

Had the same problem, got really low FPS in games while having Teamspeak open on second monitor, minimizing Teamspeak solved the issue.

I noticed this was due to the "News" ticker that is sliding on the bottom of the UI. Pressing the X that removes it solved my issues.

TeamSpeak 3 messages causing fps drop ingame

When im in a channel and someone writes any message (private or public) while im playing League Of Legends my fops drop like -40. I didnt test it in other games, and i neither have any idea of why this happen to me. So im here to claim for some help ^^.

Thread Information