Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

[WIP]cute overlay plugin troubleshooting

Hello,

i think it's on the time to make an own thread for my project and collect all my problems here instead of multiple threads.

About the Project:
    This is an overlay plugin to control the basics of Teamspeak 3. It is an Alternative to Overwolf that is awesome, but a little overpowered for most users. I searched a long time for an alternative but the only one that i found, made by Mark Rohrbacher, but it is no longer supported.
    I'm new to Teamspeak plugin development, but i'm not to programming at all. So i think i can do it with your help.

What is the actual state?
    Currently you can: See who is talking, switch the channel, get information if someone moves on the channel, see the chat lines, poke other clients.

What is missing?
    • well actually the overlay itself. At the moment it only works in windowed mod.
    • move users,
    • see all server connections and switch them
    • mark muted clients
    • mute yourself
    • program don't loose focus while interact with plugin
    • lot of troubleshooting

I want to help you!!
    Yeah that's great you can get my source here: https://git.rwth-aachen.de/carstenf/qtTsOverlay So if you know c++, how to develop teamspeak plugins, or how to hook DirectX/OpenGL contact me

Current problems:

My current problem is that the plugin (and the whole client) crashed yesterday when someone made a new temporary channel. I don't know why, because editing channels works fine and it's the same code.

==EDIT==
    ok i pressed to fast enter. How can i add some more tags??

Hi,

i have another problem. I wanna activate the microphone, but it does not work. mute/unmute speaker and micro work fine. But activating does not. Any ideas how to do so??

m_ts3.setClientSelfVariableAsInt(m_SCHID, CLIENT_INPUT_MUTED, 0);
    m_ts3.setClientSelfVariableAsInt(m_SCHID, CLIENT_OUTPUT_MUTED, 0);
    m_ts3.setClientSelfVariableAsInt(m_SCHID, CLIENT_INPUT_HARDWARE, 1);

Does a call to flushClientSelfUpdates solve your problem?

These are not the properties you are looking for.
    Code:
    if((error = ts3Functions.setClientSelfVariableAsInt(serverConnectionHandlerID, CLIENT_INPUT_DEACTIVATED,
            (shouldTalk) ? INPUT_ACTIVE : INPUT_DEACTIVATED)) != ERROR_ok) { //ohnoes };

@Thomas:
    i tried this:
    m_ts3.setClientSelfVariableAsInt(m_SCHID, CLIENT_INPUT_MUTED, 0);
    m_ts3.setClientSelfVariableAsInt(m_SCHID, CLIENT_OUTPUT_MUTED, 0);
    m_ts3.setClientSelfVariableAsInt(m_SCHID, CLIENT_INPUT_HARDWARE, 1);
    m_ts3.flushClientSelfUpdates(m_SCHID, NULL);

and it did not work

@thorwe:
    CLIENT_INPUT_DEACTIVATED does not change if when i disable/enable talk on the server.

If you're talking about the activate mic action on the Menubar, the function that's used is only available in the full SDK, see docs p.30.

Name:  Unbenannt.JPG
Views: 598
Size:  10.8 KB

i mean this yellow marked thing. I can get it's state with CLIENT_INPUT_HARDWARE.
    And if you are connected to two servers i want to switch the active server with my plugin.

That's not possible.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

I'd say from experience the most importamt features are Move/Switch and Fullscreen support.
    Quite annoying if you meet a guy in a game and he joins your TS and you have to tab outand tab back in which usually takes ages...

And if mean what I think, you can ask the user to bind a hotkey for switching server tabs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhhhj_original View Post
    I'd say from experience the most importamt features are Move/Switch and Fullscreen support.
    Quite annoying if you meet a guy in a game and he joins your TS and you have to tab outand tab back in which usually takes ages...

And if mean what I think, you can ask the user to bind a hotkey for switching server tabs.
    You can trick teamspeak with Qt in the case they just saynope.

@Jhhhj_original:
    What is currently working:
    - change channel,
    - display the current channel or the whole server,
    - show chat messages and server activities (someone connected, moved,...)
    - close and reopen current server overlay using hotkey
    - poke other users
    - double (un)mute yourself
    What is working but does not work 100%
    - show who is talking (if someone leave while talking he is always displayed -.-)
    Bugs:
    - sometimes it crashes and i have no idea why
    What i'd like to add
    - switch to different server using a tabview that shows all current connections. But if it won't work i'll change the double mute to only mic mute
    - Fullscreen support. But that's really difficult. There is maybe a way using Nvidia API But that would limit it to only Nvidia graphic cards (for me that's fine XD)
    - move other users

@Bluescream:
    what kind of trick to you have in mind??

There really isn't any need for you to do extra coding to switch tabs, since TeamSpeak already provides means to switch the current tab through hotkeys and enable the microphone on the other tab. Why do extra work and run the risk of your stuff inevitably breaking / not working correctly in case things change on the TeamSpeak side? Hypothetically TeamSpeak could do changes to the way tabs work, which could cause your stuff to stop working. If you just let your users use TeamSpeak provided things like Hotkeys to switch tabs then you don't have to any work yourself, plus it will continue to work even after any update that does change things.
    There are reasons you cannot just switch the tab on which the user is currently talking through a plugin and you shouldn't attempt to do it.

You can get which tab is currently active and which one the input device is currently active on.
    You can thus just display the active tab or the tab the microphone is active on. If that changes you can change the tab you're acting on.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Hey there. I paused the project, but now i'm back working on it.
    There are still bugs in my code that makes TS crash.

Two cases i remember a crash:
    - Someone is talking and while talking he disconnected or switch the channel. In that case he is displayed as talking all the time. But the real problem is, when he comes back and then talks again => crash
    - When temporary channels are created and if i (was) moved in that channel it sometimes crashed.

Do you still have my code link??

If not here it is: https://git.rwth-aachen.de/carstenf/...ay/tree/master

I hope you know why it crashes sometimes and sometimes it does not.

Thread Information