Forum

Solved Logging Bug with multiple Connections on same ID

When someone is logged in multiple Times with the same ID and they get kicked out or moved to another channel the Log Message about the assigned Channelgroup gets multiplied.

Code:
    <17:46:00>  "Reksh" was kicked from channel "Admins Hideout" by "SilentStorm"
    <17:46:00>  Channel group "Guest (16)" was assigned to "Reksh" by Teamspeak.
    <17:46:02>  "Reksh3" was kicked from channel "Admins Hideout" by "SilentStorm"
    <17:46:02>  Channel group "Guest (16)" was assigned to "Reksh" by Teamspeak.
    <17:46:02>  Channel group "Guest (16)" was assigned to "Reksh3" by Teamspeak.
    <17:46:05>  "Reksh4" was kicked from channel "Admins Hideout" by "SilentStorm"
    <17:46:05>  Channel group "Guest (16)" was assigned to "Reksh" by Teamspeak.
    <17:46:05>  Channel group "Guest (16)" was assigned to "Reksh3" by Teamspeak.
    <17:46:05>  Channel group "Guest (16)" was assigned to "Reksh4" by Teamspeak.

This is no bug, because this message appears for every clientid not the database id. It's an old and known behavior and it is not normal to use clones. This is more advanced stuff.
    You can kick only one User and not all att he same time and the same threads every clone like a different user.

Maybe one user gets a new group, so the change has to be done on every user with the same uid /dbid
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

It doesn't matter how much time is between the kicks...
    As long as a Client with the same Database ID is already in the Channel the user get's moved / kicked to, the message will appear for each of them not just the User that actually got moved / kicked.

I know and it is what i meaned above. his won't appear, when the clones are not in the same channel.

This does not look that nice, but it's exactly, what does happen with every client who got moved.
    The server assigns a target channel or server group and all clones do use the same entry, it would be bad, when the server does not recognize this action. It could be , that a cloen has another group or permission assign.

Maybe it looks ugly, but it's definitly no bug. We know that since the alpha versions of the server and it was discussed already.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    It could be , that a cloen has another group or permission assign.
    Uhm what? No way this can happen... Clones use same DbId and UniqueID (no clones otherwise) which is what permissions are based upon, so if I were to assign a servergroup to one of the clones the others would have them too.

So what you meant to say was that Permissions get assigned to a UID / DbID and hence when one of them gets them assigned the client pulls the message for all of them since they all share the same ID and the Client just gets notified that the group for UID xyz in Channel abc got changed.

Can understand this not being considered a Bug then.

What you report here only happens, when 1 clone joins the channel where another clone is in.
    The server assigns a group to the DBID and not to a userID. So the server assigns group or permission X to User DBID and not user ID.

The server goup message appears everywhere. It does not matter, where clone 2 is sitting in.

As said it does not look that nice, when a messape appears more then once, but it is what happens. The server assigns the group "guest" to every clone in one channel, because one of them gets a group assigned.

Thread Information