Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Solved Using windows 8 IE downloading Plugins that are in the package intaller

I was downloading plugins last night in Windows 8 32 bit using IE and all the plugin's where being downloaded as .zip files even the ones I know to be in the TeamSpeak package installer. After talking to SilentStorm asking why he was being noob and not packaging his plugins like all the cool programmers He all his plugins are in the TeamSpeak Packaging so after some testing we found out that IE was the only web browser that was doing this we tested this also on Firefox and didn't see this bug. SilentStorm Said (and I think his right) that IE maybe checking the header and showing its a .zip file and then downloading as one.

Nothing to do with Windows 8 but with Internet Explorer in general, checking the Mime type detecting it really is just a zip file and downloading it as such, possibly to prevent malicious stuff.

Yes, IE thing. There are directions a mime setting file that the hoster can put on the site to make IE respect the package file extension. I think I've posted this before on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Reksh View Post
    I was downloading plugins last night in Windows 8 32 bit using IE and all the plugin's where being downloaded as .zip files even the ones doing
    IE with Vista and 7, if the web site has not defined the allowed mime extensions, requieres to declare the site as 'Trusted Site'
    In IE --> Tools -> Internet Options -> Security Tab -> Trusted Sites -> -> 'Sites' Button -> and add addons.teamspeak.com

This is a known behavior and we are not sure, if this will get fixed on our webserver.

I update this thread when i get some news about it.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

In my case, the result has been to include the extensions in the mime types, using the control panel of the web. See image:
    http://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-PO...for_addons.jpg

I've only declared the 3 addons extensions used in my web.

Warning: the file must be in the same directory as the html page from which provides the download link (This is empirical, after some fails, once have found this combination html+file.addon in the same directory it worked ok then i've stopped testing)

Thread Information