Forum

Can I use "whisper" to enable a "Public" and "Private" channel?

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to setup a pair of channels on my TS server with the following behaviour.

Main Channel
    --> Public Channel
    --> Private Channel (pasword protected)

I'd like to have known members able to have one PTT key for messages that go to only the Private channel, and a second PTT key for messages that should go to both the Private and Public channels. But here's the catch...

I want people in the Public channel to be able to respond to those in the Private channel without having to setup a special "whisper" key to do so. How would I go about this?

Do sub channels automatically receive chat messages from parent channels so that I could do this...

Public Channel
    --> Private Channel

Then all the "Private" members would have a whisper button to send messages to the Public channel (which both channels would receive), and a second button for current channel only (Private). And all those in the public channel would always have messages sent to both channels?

Thanks in advance.

Normal Voice Communication is Channel based and stays in the same channel, it does not get passed to anywhere else.
    So Clients in your public channel would still need a Reply to whisper hotkey to whisper back to the author which probably only the person who send the whisper will hear as opposed to the whole private channel. As such they would need to setup a whisper list with a hotkey to reply.

So, if I understand correctly, it sounds like the way to do what I want is...

Only have 1 channel instead of 2. Give all members a full list of all member names to make their own private whisper list and hotkey. That way public people who join can speak to and hear all members with the normal PTT button, and members can have private conversation with each other using the whisper hotkey.

Right? Or is there a better way to do that?

Thread Information