Forum

Solved [Rejected/Already possible] Status message

With online communication programs, most of them you can assign a status message like you can when you select "away" with a status message. Can we just place status messages at any time instead of having to leave ourselves on away just to display a message there? I would like to have short messages there that people can see, or a URL to a website I want people to visit etc.

A status message that is shown anytime is only possible, when you set a client description on a user.

2. What you want is already possible and the user can choose by himself, sto see such a away message in the server tree or just in clients information.

Please check Settings > Options > Messages for the message system you have requested and Settings > Options > Design "Show away messege beside nickname
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

So the description is the only way? I would like to have a status message without needing to be "away".. Away status won't let you transmit and makes it look like you are not even there. The status ability is clearly in the system, why not just implement it as a general use tool instead of just away messages?

Is this not possible to have it show after the username?

Quote Originally Posted by Morthawt View Post
    The status ability is clearly in the system
    No it is not in the system and it is not possible to show a status message after or before username.
    You can only use the away message (it's also a kind of status) or the client description.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Well considering you can do this with other VOIP solutions, do you think you could implement this? You already have the code there to have status messages, you would only need to add a "self" context menu to set it without needing away status.

It is mostly peer to peer applications that implement this sort of functionality. Also, the away button is much more intricate than a simply status message. Adding other statuses would be a good bit of trouble for little gain.

I imagine things like being able to put a status by someone's name would be modular and able to be repurposed in other areas of the source code. All they would need is to utilize the part of the code that sets the name and tracks lists of messages and add a "Self" context menu with a basic dialogue box that enables the functionality. It should be one of the easiest things to implement. I may not be a programmer but I am a scriptor with Autoit3 and have seen programming code. Functions rule. Period.

Thread Information