Forum

Unhappy PROBLEM about advanced permission system...

I've got a few problems and questions with permission system, since it's really complicated for me when i dont understand it clearly...

1.from the permissions menu, when i make a permissions value 0, will it have the same function as removed/no permission?

2.Can someone explain the concrete function of "Needed channel join power" and "Channel Join power".
    What is the difference between needed channel join power: 75 and Removed/No permission?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic1.png 
Views:	210 
Size:	130.7 KB 
ID:	6511   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ex1.png 
Views:	129 
Size:	122.8 KB 
ID:	6512  

1. There is definitely a difference between not set and set to zero.
    2. i_needed_channel_join_power is mostly used on channels to prevent unprivileged users (with a i_channel_join_power < i_needed_channel_join_power) to join.

Quote Originally Posted by maxi1990 View Post
    1. There is definitely a difference between not set and set to zero.
    2. i_needed_channel_join_power is mostly used on channels to prevent unprivileged users (with a i_channel_join_power < i_needed_channel_join_power) to join.
    so does that mean if i set the i_needed permission to 75, and its power to not set, the group users will not have access to that privilege?

Quote Originally Posted by Berat1337 View Post
    so does that mean if i set the i_needed permission to 75, and its power to not set, the group users will not have access to that privilege?
    Yes. The server will see that the i_needed permission required a certain amount of i_power and if this power is not set by and of the hierarchical structures (server group < client < channel < channel client) the user will have no right to perform the requested operation

1 more question,

if both of the permissions(the power and its i_needed) are not set, is the privilege allowed to that group? I mean is it activated?
    example:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	power.png 
Views:	124 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	6514

If a channel has no needed join power, then everyone should be able to join. You can verify this by a simple test. (Joining can be prevented by setting other permissions though)

so i need to set "i_needed" to a higher level so that i disable that power of that group, right?

That's right.

Thank you for your assistance

Not really... setting needed_join Power on a Group makes no sense...

needed Permissions do not disable anything for the Users in the Group those Permissions are set to, it rather disables others to do certain things with Clients in that group if they don't have the needed_*_power.

@maxi1990 So if there definately is a difference than tell me what the difference is between having i_client_poke_power set to 0 on a Servergroup and it being not set...

Setting a Permission to 0 only makes a difference from it being not set at all IF it is either skipped, negated or set on a higher tier...

Quote Originally Posted by SilentStorm View Post
    @maxi1990 So if there definately is a difference than tell me what the difference is between having i_client_poke_power set to 0 on a Servergroup and it being not set...
    Please tell me more about how a set permission to zero doesn't differ from a permission not being set in general.

Answering a Question with a Question?

Any Permission not set just defaults to 0 for i_* Permissions and to false for b_* Permissions, so if you set a Permission to 0 it makes no difference, since it already is 0, unless you set it on Tier 2 or above where it would make sense in some situations like removing someones Permission he got from a lower Tier.

The default values for integer (to 0) and boolean (to false) was the right information, thank you SilentStorm

Quote Originally Posted by permissiondoc.txt
    If a permission is not granted on any of these 5 layers, it will be assumed to be of zero or false value.
    ... and if a permission is not set it is assumed to be zero...

Thread Information