Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Solved Hotkeys not working

Hi there!

I have a problem with hotkeys when I join a server. It's like the program dosen't recognize that I push the buttons. I can't use push to talk nor mute using the buttons on my keyboard nor my mouse. I can talk when I have voice activasion detection.

But it works when I'm by myself and I haven't joined a server. I've tried to reinstall TS3, run TS3 as an adminstrator and checking so that my keyboards drivers is up to date which they are.

Would appreciate some help!

Can you check please, that your hotkey profile is active on the server?

You find the your settings under Bookmarks > Manage Bookmarks > Click the "More"
    Now select a hotkey profile and reconnect to your server.

This how to is for client 3.0.7
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Can you check please, that your hotkey profile is active on the server?

You find the your settings under Bookmarks > Manage Bookmarks > Click the "More"
    Now select a hotkey profile and reconnect to your server.

This how to is for client 3.0.7
    Still doesn't work...

If I hadn't set up my hotkey profile before I joined the server I wouldn't even be able to select a hotkey because the programe wont recognize when I push the buttons.

So, there is a hotkey profile selected in your bookmarks and you can use the hotkeys as long you are not connected to any server?
    Can you paste a full client log please?

What does happen, when you set another hotkey method under Settings > options > Hokteys? > Now you can choose between "Default" "Direct input" and "Keyboard & Mouse only"
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

I got it too work when I chosed Keyboard and Mouse only. Thank you!

Can you tell us your hardware (Mouse, keyboard, Joystick etc.) and operation system?
    Is there a device von Saitek plugged in?

Had the same problem. Another one too, because Whisperlists not working anymore. (at first titled as "Umschalt (Tastatur)" and now as "Umschalt (Keyboard)". Weird problem.)

Well, i use Win7, TS3, an old Labtec Mouse, a Logitech keyboard and sometimes a Saitek X52 is plugged in. But it worked everytime till yesterday. I also use a PTT key on my Saitek.

But i solved it, i had to switch from "Keyboard and Mouse only" to "Direkt input". With Keyboard and Mouse, mouse was possible for PTT, keyboard not.

can someone help me? i got the same problem but it doesn't work not when i choose either default, direct input or mouse & keyboard only. when my only my teamspeak is open, it works fine. but when i start up fot example world of tanks it's doesn't works anymore. only voice acivation detection works all the time. please help

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Can you tell us your hardware (Mouse, keyboard, Joystick etc.) and operation system?
    Is there a device von Saitek plugged in?
    Interesting, could Saitek drivers cause a compatibility issue? I can only use keyboard and mouse mode too when the app doesn't have focus - I've not got my Saitek joystick or pedals plugged in, and I don't have the Saitek app open, but I DO have SaiMFD.exe running but closing it doesn't solve anything...

If the game is running in Admin Mode then TeamSpeak will have to run in Admin mode too, otherwise Windows won't hand over the key events to TeamSpeak.

I had successfully assigned a Push to Talk hotkey to my T500 steering wheel and alternatively to my button box as well...then it stopped working. I wondered what changed ... It turned out that once I went from 3 controllers to 4 controllers, Teamspeak would not allow me to assign a hotkey to anything but the mouse or keyboard.
    I just wanted to post this information here in case it helps someone else.
    Cheers.

Re:

After some trying, I made it work for me. Hopefully the following info will help you. *fingers crossed*
    I set "Activate Hotkey Profile (profilename)" key in both profiles, and it started working as it is suppose to.
    Below is an example of my hotkeys:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	default.jpg 
Views:	3587 
Size:	118.9 KB 
ID:	6929

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	csgo.jpg 
Views:	2841 
Size:	133.7 KB 
ID:	6930

Basically set a hotkey for each profile, (Default profile, Game Profile,...)
    when you want to use the profile, press the key which you set up for certain profile... in my case those are left and right arrow (as I don't use them in-game).
    Last edited by TroubleGirl; October 13th, 2012 at 11:02 PM. Reason: additonal info

Quote Originally Posted by lopsided View Post
    I had successfully assigned a Push to Talk hotkey to my T500 steering wheel and alternatively to my button box as well...then it stopped working. I wondered what changed ... It turned out that once I went from 3 controllers to 4 controllers, Teamspeak would not allow me to assign a hotkey to anything but the mouse or keyboard.
    I just wanted to post this information here in case it helps someone else.
    Cheers.
    What Client are you using and on what operating system (Please include Architecture ie. 32 or 64 bit)?

Hi Chris, I'm using TeamSpeak 3, Windows 7 Home prem. 64 bit.

Yeah but what version of TeamSpeak? See Help -> About TeamSpeak 3

Thread Information