Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

TS3 3.0.7 Package installer, option for not to ask about activating the Add-on

Now, from client 3.0.7, the package installer once finished the installation ask about activate the Add-on

Code:
    Add-On successfully installed.

Do you want to activate this Add-On?
    This seems practical but may have secondary, or collateral, effects.

For exemple:

I offer a package with the translations that contains files for the subdirectories /translations (the .qm files) and /styles (the .tpl files). Due it's not possible to copy the .tpl files to the theme subdirectory, i include a neutral directory, /styles/my_theme, with the tpl files and the instructions in a .txt file for the manual copy. With the automatic activation, if the user answers 'Yes, activate the add-on', the language changes but the theme goes to default.

Without the automatic option, i had to 'explain' how to select the language. Now, with the automatic option i have to 'explain' how to revert the theme.

I think it would be better to have control from the package.ini over this automatism at the end of the package installation, a way to decide if the 'Do you want to activate?' question it's shown at the end of the instalation or not.

Can you please give a link to your package so we can have a look?

Quote Originally Posted by PeterS View Post
    Can you please give a link to your package so we can have a look?
    Of course. Here there are the two ones.

This package change the language and set the theme to system default:
    http://08pc10.es/ts3/ts307_rustiktea...s3_translation

This package only change the language:
    http://08pc10.es/ts3/ts307_rustiktea...s3_translation

Note: I've taken a look to your add-on for the 'extended TPL files'.
    http://addons.teamspeak.com/director...ient-Info.html

I've seen you include the .qss file. I think with that the theme would be included and selected in the combo box. But I only want to provide the translatation for the TPL files.

If a .qss was included then the theme would be selected correctly (instead of system default) but the result would be the same: wanting provide a translation the selected theme changes.

Idea: Perhaps one possibility was that if no file. QSS is present then do not select any theme.
    Last edited by PotaBlava; July 3rd, 2012 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Include Note, Include Idea

I see your point and agree the current behaviour is not optimal. While I don't know exactly how to solve it yet, I will look into it.

I changed the package installer as suggested: Themes only get activated if a qss file is present.

So in case of your file ts307_rustikteam23_changethemetodefault_es.ts3_tra nslation, the translation would be activated but not the style.
    Please have a look once the beta is out.

Ok, thanks. Waiting for the beta...

--- ---

Well, just for your consideration, another issue with activating the addon.

In our server we have two languages: spanish and catalan, that means lagos_es.qm and lagos_ca.qm.

Once we have the translation, we prepare the two packs for the addons.teamspeak.com website (one for spanish and other for catalan) but for our server we prepare only one, a new one, with the two languages because so far we did not want to distinguish or to choose any of them (or even know what the number of downloads each one has).

Now, with 3.0.7, we find that if someone who has selected 'Catalan' answer Yes to the question 'Do you want to activate it', after restart appears in Spanish. In specific cases this can be terrifying. Imagine: people with 'Leo Messi' on the screen stops and when restarts he finds with 'Cristiano Ronaldo'.

Prevention of this we have recommanded to our users to answer NO. If somebody answer Yes, then this will be at his own risk.

We also offer three styles, the same theme but three different letter size, for people who has visual problem. In this case, the big one is chosen.

Returning to the issue. I think when the installer finds two languages, _ca and _es, it activates _es due that alphabetically it's the last one.

Suggestion: If one of the supplied languages it's already selected then not to activate any.

This also could apply for styles and any other option.

--- ----------- ------

Quote Originally Posted by PeterS View Post
    I changed the package installer as suggested: Themes only get activated if a qss file is present.

So in case of your file ts307_rustikteam23_changethemetodefault_es.ts3_tra nslation, the translation would be activated but not the style.
    Please have a look once the beta is out.
    Tested with Client 3.0.8 (2012-07-11 07:38:33) --> Good. It worked as expected, as you described.

I've generated others .ts3_translations with good results. The list of tests
    a) no qss --> no theme selected
    b) one with qss and the other without --> the one with qss results selected
    c) the two qss present --> 'the last one' selected.
    Last edited by PotaBlava; July 11th, 2012 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Note for 3.0.8 beta

Thread Information