Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Solved Server Chat Logs do not record the date

When I join a Channel Chat for the first time after booting up TeamSpeak, it shows the datetime:

Code:
    *** Chat begins 2012-07-11 03:00:00 AM
    However, this is completely absent from the server chat:

Code:
    <04:15:30>  Disconnected from server
    <04:15:30>  Trying to resolve hostname voice.teamspeak.com
    <04:15:31>  Trying to connect to server on voice.teamspeak.com
    <04:15:31>  Connected to Server: Official TeamSpeak Public Test Server
    <04:15:31>  *** Welcome to the official TeamSpeak Public Test Server! *** 
    If you're new to TeamSpeak or just want to refresh your memory about the things our product can do, this is the place to go...
    <04:15:31>  *** IMPORTANT NOTICE ***
    This server is operated by TeamSpeak Systems GmbH, Germany. Although it is usable by anybody, it is primarily intended for testing and demonstration purposes, but not for productive usage. Use this server AT YOUR OWN RISK or consider hosting or renting your own server. Please refer to the following web sites for information about TeamSpeak server hosting:

1. Download and install the TeamSpeak server
    2. Get some help choosing a TeamSpeak license
    3. Rent a TeamSpeak server from an ATHP in your region
    <04:15:32>  insufficient client permissions (failed on i_client_max_channel_subscriptions)
    <04:15:35>  "TeamSpeakUser12" connected to channel "Default Channel"
    <04:15:35>  "TeamSpeakUser31" connected to channel "Default Channel"
    Thus rendering server chat logs absolutely useless. The datetime should be written to server chat every join.
    Last edited by PatPeter; July 12th, 2012 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PatPeter View Post
    When I join a Channel Chat for the first time after booting up TeamSpeak, it shows the datetime:

Code:
    *** Chat begins 2012-07-11 03:00:00 AM
    And what is the problem? The chat begins as soon you open it or conenct into a channel. and why is there an "" ?

2. This won't happen. We use the server chat log only for normal chats. No pokes, no join, no kick, no created, edited.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    And what is the problem? The chat begins as soon you open it or conenct into a channel. and why is there an "" ?
    You shouldn't reject suggestions you don't understand.

Connect to a server. Nowhere in the server chat tab does it give a date. Answer me this question: what is the point of logging server chat/actions if, when looking at them in the future, it does not give a date, only time?

And there's an OBJ byte because that's what I get from copying chat with those dumb arrows. I still do not understand what the point of adding those was.

2. This won't happen. We use the server chat log only for normal chats. No pokes, no join, no kick, no created, edited.
    Incorrect, pokes log to server chat, as do user join messages, kick messages, channel creation, and channel edits.

I understood the feature request.

I have to correct you. The pokes etc. arn't logged in the log file "server.txt" the html file is only used to display it in the client ui, but the log file. So this is not wrong.

Why is it so important, to se a date there? Do you only chat with the whole server?

And yes i remember about the object symbol. These line marker where added to stop imposer abusing nicknames.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

I create an ticket for the timestamp, like channel and client log do use already.
    Maybe this won't be included or maybe it will be included.

But the I only request it for "***Chat begins 12.07.2012 08:53:34, so if when you are connected about tdays, then you won't recognize the new day.

I add a comment, that logs should show, when the day is over

I understood the feature request.

I have to correct you. The pokes etc. arn't logged in the log file "server.txt" the html file is only used to display it in the client ui, but the log file. So this is not wrong.

Why is it so important, to se a date there? Do you only chat with the whole server?

And yes i remember about the object symbol. These line marker where added to stop imposer abusing nicknames.
    I almost never use server.txt because of the fact that it only logs chat. I use server.html as a log file if that's what you mean.

Say I kicked a user X number of days ago, but I cannot remember when I kicked that user (and may not have access to server-side logs). When looking in server.html, I would have no way of knowing how many days ago it was.

And if those arrows stop admin impersonation, I suppose they're good. I still believe they bloat the chat box and would disable them if I could.

I create an ticket for the timestamp, like channel and client log do use already.
    Maybe this won't be included or maybe it will be included.

But the I only request it for "***Chat begins 12.07.2012 08:53:34, so if when you are connected about tdays, then you won't recognize the new day.

I add a comment, that logs should show, when the day is over
    Thanks! Instead of "Chat begins", I hope the developers change it to something like "***Connection established 12.07.2012 08:53:34", so that it doesn't persuade users to use the server messages as a chat box like you said

And if the user connects to a server and idles for say, 3 days, that person is probably idling and therefore no relevant logs have taken place. If anything that user can trace each 24-hour timeslot over the period of connection., unlike nonsequential connections where tracing the days backwards becomes impossible.

Also, you had a very good idea to add a comment when the day is over. If that change was ushered in logs would have both a beginning and an end, very good indeed.

Also on a side note dante, I have to point out your post count:

Code:
    Gotta love quads.

Quote Originally Posted by PatPeter View Post
    And if those arrows stop admin impersonation, I suppose they're good. I still believe they bloat the chat box and would disable them if I could.
    You can... just right click the Chatbox and uncheck "Show Line Markers"

Thanks! I did not think to right-click chat for such a setting.

Feature implemented.
    The log now shows the same timestamp as the channel.txt

*** Log begins 14.09.2012 11:38:35
    <11:38:36> MυнCну: 123

Clientversion 3.0.9

Thread Information