Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[Beta Channel] TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.0.8

TeamSpeak Client 3.0.8 is available in the beta channel for testing.

This release comes with the much asked-for SRV support and for the Mac version adds an Apple certificate for the upcoming Mac OS X 10.8 gatekeeper. Also there are many small improvements and bugfixes.

For more information on the SRV records check out tsdns/readme.txt in the latest TeamSpeak server release.

Changelog:

Code:
    === Client Release 3.0.8 11 Jul 2012
    + Added support for SRV records when resolving domain names. Format for a SRV
      record for a TS3 server is: 
      "_ts3._udp.name TTL IN SRV priority weight port target"
      It is also possible to add a SRV record for a TSDNS server for a domain, the
      format for this is:
      "_tsdns._tcp.name TTL IN SRV priority weight port target"
      The priority when resolving is: (1) _ts3 SRV record, (2) _tsdns SRV record,
      (3) TSDNS, (4) DNS
    + Added local server banner via filetransfer.
    + Added showing the chat line limit and its typed chars.
    + Added check of containing files before deleting a channel.
    + Added after assigning a hotkey the lockable key like NUM_LOCK etc. will be
      switched back to its previous state.
    + Added notification channel deleted/edited "by the server". Please note the
      two added keys CHANNEL_DELETED_BY_SERVER and CHANNEL_EDITED_OTHER_BY_SERVER
      in settings.ini. Addon Sound Packs can add them too.
    + Added custom "block receiving whisper" button for toolbar.
    + Added activate/deactivate/toggle hotkeys to block receiving whispers.
    + Mac OS X: Added Apple Developer ID certificate for gatekeeper in upcoming
      Mountain Lion release.
    * Clients can now be dragged from chat log.
    * Enable drag&drop from "List All Clients" again. Drag applies to the selected
      client.
    * Save last sorting of "List All Clients" list. Apply sorting whenever new
      clients arrive after clicking the "More" button. Nicknames are now sorted
      case-insensitive.
    * Show invoker if client description was edited by another client.
    * Support bbCode in ts3plugin_infoData text
    * Package installer only autoactivates styles if a qss file is present.
    - Fixed "RenderDeviceContext" logging on Windows.
    - Overhauled Delete Avatar mechanism to trigger more reliable when avatar was
      deleted by another user.
    - Some typo fixes in English and German texts.
    - Fixed voice test no longer ignores "vad over ptt".
    - Fixed strange behavior when hammering PTT during voice test.
    - Fixed changing enable/disable delayPTT and its delay value during voice test.
    - Fixed using "Keyboard & Mouse" hotkey system with Synergy.
    - Fixed chat line issue when opening menu e.g. via ALT+S.
    - Fixed an issue with the filetransfer slots could get over the maximum of 10.
    - Fixed crash when parsing a corrupt urls.dat (thanks to torzsi for the file).
      Please note: urls.dat is now called caught_urls.dat and because it got a new
      internal format, the old one will be deleted after convertion.
    - Fixed displaying wrong default channel group in channelgroup permissions.
    - Fixed a memory leak, which could increase memory usage drastically when
      running the client for a very long time.
    - Fixed filter clear button in server/client logviews, cleaned up layouts.
    - Fixed chat line edit char counter which now counts also unicode characters,
      so the displayed characters can be different from the counter.
    To update your TeamSpeak client on the beta channel, go to the TeamSpeak 3 Client installation folder and create a file "update.ini" with this content:

Code:
    [Channel]
    beta=true

Quote Originally Posted by changelog.txt
    * Clients can now be dragged from chat log.
    * Enable drag&drop from "List All Clients" again. Drag applies to the selected client.
    Doesn't work, the only valid Targets are the Chatline and the Client List in the Permissions Dialog, while the latter is ok the former definitely does not produce the desired result and shouldn't work at all. Chatline shouldn't be a valid D&D Target imho, instead the Channeltree should be a valid Target enabling you to move people to a certain channel by just dragging their name from the chatlog - that would be kinda neat, same for the List all Clients while you are at it (if the client is online) even though I doubt someone would ever use it.

Yes, should have listed valid drop targets... I too was thinking dropping onto a channel would move them.

Edit: created thread in suggestions

its not important if someone uses it, it should work. thats the point

Quote Originally Posted by SilentStorm View Post
    Doesn't work, the only valid Targets are the Chatline and the Client List in the Permissions Dialog, while the latter is ok the former definitely does not produce the desired result and shouldn't work at all. Chatline shouldn't be a valid D&D Target imho, instead the Channeltree should be a valid Target enabling you to move people to a certain channel by just dragging their name from the chatlog - that would be kinda neat, same for the List all Clients while you are at it (if the client is online) even though I doubt someone would ever use it.

New England USA / Marnbach, Weilheim i.OB, Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterS View Post
    + Added check of containing files before deleting a channel.
    This is working perfectly. Very useful and necessary. Thank you.

Doesn't work, the only valid Targets are the Chatline and the Client List in the Permissions Dialog,
    Current valid targets: Channel description editor, ban list, contacts, client permission, whisper list dialog, chat input

I personally find the ChatLine as drop target quite useful, I see no reason why it should not be included.
    Tree as target: working on it currently, I hope to get it done for the next 3.0.8 beta (EDIT: Done)
    List all clients: Possibly the lineedit on the top, where you can enter a client UID. This probably won't make it into the 3.0.8 release.
    EDIT: External text editor (for next beta)
    Last edited by PeterS; July 12th, 2012 at 02:12 PM.

Latest build appears to add channel tree as a valid drop target. Cool. Dragging from chat to the channel the user is in generate "already member of channel" error. Maybe check if user's current channel id equals target channel id, or ignore the error if caused by the drag-drop.
    Last edited by Screech; July 12th, 2012 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Ludwig View Post
    its not important if someone uses it, it should work. thats the point
    "Not using it" was referring to the drag from all Clients list to the Channel tree to move people.
    But yeah sure it should work

Quote Originally Posted by PeterS View Post
    Current valid targets: Channel description editor, ban list, contacts, client permission, whisper list dialog, chat input

I personally find the ChatLine as drop target quite useful, I see no reason why it should not be included.
    Tree as target: working on it currently, I hope to get it done for the next 3.0.8 beta (EDIT: Done)
    List all clients: Possibly the lineedit on the top, where you can enter a client UID. This probably won't make it into the 3.0.8 release.
    EDIT: External text editor (for next beta)
    Ok, just thought it might've been accidental. At least I won't have to construct those Links manually then for the few Times I did use them.

The LineEdit in List all CLients already is a valid Target but its pretty much useless now as it pastes the whole BBCode for the clickable name. It should instead paste only the Unique ID, that would make it useful in some circumstances.
    In fact all LineEdits throughout the Client are valid Targets even those not native to the TS3 Client, which probably isn't all too good.

External Text Editor? :O what is that gonna be?

In fact all LineEdits throughout the Client are valid Targets even those not native to the TS3 Client, which probably isn't all too good.
    That seems to be a sideeffect of setting the text/plain mimetype to enable dragging to an external editor. When I disable text/plain (like in the previous beta), dragging to lineedits is not supported.

I suppose that can be improved by denying drop on most lineedits and adjusting a few ones to only fill the name or uid instead of the complete bbCode link. But I doubt that's a real problem now.

- Fixed crash when parsing a corrupt urls.dat (thanks to torzsi for the file).
    Please note: urls.dat is now called caught_urls.dat and because it got a new
    internal format, the old one will be deleted after convertion.
    Just wondering, does this also fix the client crashes I very rarely get when clicking on an URL in a poke? Been having this for a while now, just can't get rid of it.

Just now, with the last 3.0.8 beta I've noticed this

Version 1:
    Help --> About TS3 --> Client 3.0.8 (2012-07-12 15:20:33)

Version 2:
    Tools --> Clientlog --> 13/07/2012 16:09:20 Info TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.0.8 (2012-07-12 13:20:33)

Two different release hours for the same client.

In the clientlog file the release date is in UTC time. Maybe this format should be applied in 'About TS3' too.

Note: Same behavior with the server 3.6.0.1, in the log the version goes in UTC time and in the window appears as local time.
    Last edited by PotaBlava; July 15th, 2012 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Note about the same behavior with the server

I've been trying to use SRV feature now and it seems to use _tsdns first (because in client log it tells that found _tsdns SRV)

This is my SRV setup: http://gyazo.com/106c39b4eb1c1ab07f0d95f7ec076a02

Shouldn't it tell me that found _ts3 SRV or it is normal?

Using Client 3.0.8 (2012-07-12 15:20:33)

Permissions --> Server Groups --> In the list of users only appears the nickname, the DataBase ID has disappeared.

Bug or feature?

Quote Originally Posted by PotaBlava View Post
    Using Client 3.0.8 (2012-07-12 15:20:33)

Permissions --> Server Groups --> In the list of users only appears the nickname, the DataBase ID has disappeared.

Bug or feature?
    Didn't even notice that yet, kinda makes it harder to offline add someone to yet another group if you can't just type the number.

I'd like to be able to drag & Drop Clients from that list onto another Server Group to add them into that one to compensate the loss of DBId in the list.

Thread Information