Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Solved Ways of banning?

Hey,

Quick question regarding ways to ban people- Is it possible to Z-line someone rather then banning? By Z-line I mean fully close down connection and deny even Ban message to be sent to client? If not Z-line is it at all possible not to let the client know it's been banned and thus ignoring messages such as "<xx:xx:xx> You are banned permanently."?

Nope, not possible.
    When you ban someone the Connection to that Client gets terminated, before that a notification is send to the client though.
    There is no way to prevent a Client from trying to establish a connection again either, you'd need to change firewall rules to prevent a connection from that client which is a bad thing to do for an application and also not possible due to Operating System Permission Restrictions.
    All you can do is to deny and terminate the Connection again if the client trying to connect is banned which is already done.

I don't know for sure about IRC since I never used it that much / deep, but I doubt it does anything else then just terminate the connection if it is detected the client trying to connect is banned.

Thanks for the reply! Shame It's not possible though. Granted, I didn't expect to be able to- It's actually how we're dealing with Z-Lining now in fact- Firewall block. It's rare that we use this method but every now and then you get these "hacker kiddies" that keeps hammering- with a zline the host looks to be offline (Since all coms from the hosts are closed).

Thanks yet again though!

As I said, Applications that change Firewall Rules (while not being the Firewall Application itself or a frontend for the Firewall Application) are bad and should be eliminated in my opinion.

You can of course block connections for the Users IP or the whole range in the firewall manually but probably neither worth the effort nor much help.

Don't see a difference, blocking or banning his ip, in both cases hew ill be able to change the ip and workaroudn the ban.
    And no way we do not block a network connection!
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thread Information