Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Yet another port 9987 Issue

Hello,

I have been through the forums and all of google looking for an answer but to no avail.
    Hopefully, someone can help me fix this issue.

I am running Windows 7. I have a TS3 server set up and until not too long ago it was working fine. (Linksys router)

Recently I purchased a new router (Belkin) and went about setting up the port forwarding just as I had on my old router.
    Except now people cannot connect to my server though I still can (localhost)

When I have the server up and running I port checked and found that 10011 and 30033 were open and working fine.

However, port 9987 returned a connection timed out message. I tried putting my computer outside the firewall using DMZ just to check if for some reason the router was not forwarding a port correctly. Same result, connection timed out. I then disabled my windows firewall to see if that was causing the issue. Now instead of receiving a connection timed out message I get a connection refused message.

After performing these steps I believe that my router is forwarding the ports correctly and that the windows firewall (currently disabled) is not causing the issue either.

I have no idea why the connection to port 9987 is being refused. To my knowledge my ISP does not block the port either since I have friends using the same ISP and their TS servers work fine using the same port.

Any ideas you could give me concerning this issues would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Make sure the Server is actually running (the Virtual TS3 Server that is), also check the Server Logs and post them.

What were you using to check the ports? Port checking sites do not/can't check UDP ports.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster2xl View Post
    Hello,

I am running Windows 7. I have a TS3 server set up and until not too long ago it was working fine. (Linksys router)

Recently I purchased a new router (Belkin) and went about setting up the port forwarding just as I had on my old router.
    Except now people cannot connect to my server though I still can (localhost)
    Belkin, this model?
    F5D7234-4v3
    http://www.belkin.com/uk/support/art...d=14477&scid=0

Thread Information