Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Is there a way to export my permission system?

Is there a way to export my permission system so that other people can use them?
    I see many people having problems with permissions because of a certain model they want to use.
    I was wondering if they would be able to just download the permission model I've built.

The only option I know atm is to upload the SQL file, which won't work for many people since they have no direct access to their server.

thnx in advance

No automated official way.

What you would need to do is "export" the Permissions into Query Commands which would recreate your Permission System.

If I remember correctly Psychokiller's Webinterface had an Option along the lines of this but no guarantees this is still the case or this ever was the case, I haven't really ever used it.

thnx, I will try to look into that

if it doesn't cost me too much time I will upload the script and the permission specifications for those that are interested.

apparently I can't give you rep because the last rep I gave was when you helped me on another thread where I also repped u -_-

If you have access to the servers database, you can just backup it.
    If you have Server Query Access and the "b_virtualserver_snapshot_create" permission you can use it to "export" too.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcazar View Post
    If you have access to the servers database, you can just backup it.
    If you have Server Query Access and the "b_virtualserver_snapshot_create" permission you can use it to "export" too.
    snapshots backup an entire Server with its Channels and Users, not what was asked for

Direct Export from Database is tricky since Data is spread through various Tables and you get Problems if the GroupIDs are already in use on the Server you'd like to "import" it.

Thread Information