Forum

Prevent serverquery users from seeing serverquery users?

I found a web based tracking script I want to use but it keeps showing all these web trackers and serverquery logins all over it and it looks awful. I altered the serverquery view powers but it can still see even my main server admin query login and every website that is checking our status.

What do I need to do?

Haven't checked for quite some time but it might be that serverquery can always see its own kind.
    You do have a needed query view power on the other Query Clients right?

If so the only solution I know works for sure is to have a needed_subscribe_power on the Channel the query clients are in (which mostly is the Lobby). Only downsides are:
    - Services like tsviewer or gametracker claim the server is offline when there are no visible clients on the server (ie. all Clients are in channels with a needed_subscribe_power greater than the subscribe_power of the Query Client). I told them a thousand times it's because their Scripts are fail and even put up a fix for them but they don't care. TSViewer even drops you from their Database because they assume your Server died. Which is the reason I couldn't care less about them.
    - Clients in the Lobby (or whatever channel you choose) are not displayed (and possibly not even counted).

Yeah I have tried all sorts. We want to list all the people who are online in channels but we don't want all these "unknown from x.x.x.x" "serveradmin from x.x.x.x" etc all over it because it looks really crap. I have set the required to 101 and view to -100 for guests and while it does successfully stop me from having to hear all the website connections to our serverquery on the text to speech, it does not prevent them from seeing serverquery clients. Most scripts I guess choose to not show them but the only one that can optionally show only the connected users instead of all the rooms also unfortunately shows serverquery connections also

Any help would be appreciated.

The easiest thing would be to modify the Script accordingly to check for client_type to be 0 (which is regular Clients; 1 being Query Clients).

So at the place in code where it loops all the Clients just add a skip when client_type is != 0

It is not our script. It is just some generator you tick options. The issue is it is the only script generator which can show just people instead of rooms.

In that case just create your own? If you use an external Script you cannot change it, so if it doesn't suit your needs and there is none available that does the only option is to create your own.

Thread Information