Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TS3 v3.0.8 Links don't open anymore

So since i haven't found anything useful via the search, i'm asking directly. I'm using version as in the title and that is my problem.
    If i click on a link that has been posted in server/channel or personal chat it doesn't open, i have to copy the link location and insert it in firefox.
    Firefox is my standard browser and i dont use chrome or ie very often. IE practically never if i can avoid it.

So maybe one of you guys have an idea.

Thanks in advance
    Hazuzi

Working fine for me on Win7 x64 using x64 3.0.8 Client.
    Try using the System Control Panel to set your Default Browser again, maybe even try a different Default browser just to check if it works with that... If you have Chrome installed use that as Default if not set IE to default.. you can change it back after testing it. You should restart Teamspeak after you changed the default browser using the control panel before testing just to be on the safe side.

Hey SilentStorm, thanks for the quick response but Firefox was already specifically configured as my default browser, unfortunately i don't have chrome installed anymore i uninstalled it because i didn't use it in a few months. I tried your suggestion with the default setting via control panel but it doesn't work either.
    I looked more closely and when i click on a link in ts3 (same setup btw win7 x64 v3.0.8 Client) nothing happens, but with a right click i can choose open and it opens in firefox but this is not really a solution is it?!

I appreciate any help to resolve this. If there are any questions i try to answer them as best i can.

TS3 uses Qt which uses the Systems Default to open Links, in case of http Links this will be the Systems Default Browser.
    Did you try to set Internet Explorer as the Default Browser for Http and https Links using the COntrol Panel? Didn't sound like you did... Maybe the Registration for default Browser bad or something...

Yeah i set IE as default and denied access to firefox, clicked on a link and changed it back because it didn't work, i set it in the control panel of windows where you can choose which program for email and stuff or was that the wrong place?

Chat links not working

Chat links are not opening or working in a non-reliable manner.

The windows version sometimes requires double clicks, while sometimes one click is enough. Yesterday i had 1 computer where the links where not opening at all.

Concerning Linux (Ubuntu, Fedora) the links never works on my 3 machines (they were, last month). All the tests have been done with Windows 7 x64 Professional/Ultimate and x64 version for both Fedora and Ubuntu. Browsers used: both Internet Explorer and Firefox.

How i tested: i've set the browser as default, and then restarted TeamSpeak.

Is there a fix for this?

No replies at all?

Links in the chat work just fine here, on windows as on linux the default browser opens.
    Any specific links you tried that cause this?
    What client version are you using?

Question Internet links (please help)

Hey guys, for a while now I've been unable to click/double click on links that are posted and instead have to highlight, copy and paste the link into an internet browser. Right clicking and selecting open on the link doesn't work either. This is a bit of an annoyance as it used to work fine. (First world problems right?) I've had a search through the settings and can't find anything, would be great if someone has a quick solution for this. I have tried re-downloading team speak but that did not work.

Thanks

Jared

Latest version for the clients. I'm talking about normal links (i'm using Kubuntu from this computer, fully patched with default browser set correctly - all applications opens the default browser correctly).

I've seen other posts about this, when using Windows 8. Could that be related?

Hi, had nearly the same - sill unsolved - problem discribed here
    but I worked with that about 3 years on 4 different (linux-) servers.
    Maybe this let me find a solution for my problem
    Greetings
    Last edited by Chris; February 14th, 2013 at 11:05 AM.

I am seeing this too. It appears that the issue is something to do with QT and not TS. I am not using UAC nor am I using a metro version of IE or Chrome (as I use Start8).

The strange thing is that if I set my default browser to WaterFox, Firefox, Opera, or IE, it works, but if I try to use Chrome, it's a no go. I know that it's not just TS though, as VLC (also QT), does the same thing.

I re-installed Chrome and it works just fine now from both applications. Not sure if re-installing the browser will help you or not. Just thought I would post my research on this subject. Good luck!

Ok I found a solution working for me.
    Check your shortcut path. In my case I installed the software in "C:\Programme\Teamspeak 3 Client\" and the shortcut used the path "C:\Program Files\Teamspeak 3 Client". After changing it worked

Katzenhirn, I don't see how that would work - However if it worked for you then great!

I am having this issue as well - I narrowed it down to the skin, However I did not know where in the .qss this is being effected at.

I'm using the DpierreS-Starcraft-2-Skin and it is doing this - forcing me to right click open.

However the SW-TOR-Republic-Skin-Fondation Skin does not have the problem and allows me to single left click the button to open.

Having this issue as well. It's in regards to a different theme I think but it would be nice to understand WHY this is happening and being pointed to a direction to help fix it.

Well after figuring it out ourselves.

The chatbox had margins/padding on the top and bottom that were throwing off the ability to click links. I removed those margins/padding and it cleared up the issue.

Hope this helps anyone else with this URL clicking issue.
    Last edited by Chris; April 19th, 2013 at 09:38 AM.

Thread Information