Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Queued voice mode?

Is it possible to have queued voice mode in TeamSpeak 3? By that I mean that only one person can talk at a time and when that person stops talking it lets the next person talk.

OR it allows people to talk in sequential order based on the vertical order of the channel.

This is not included in our software.
    For my interest: Why do you need something like that? What do you plan?
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

One idea is, to use the request talk power flag. The Devs have to count the requests and a. show the count at the requestet user or b. let the server give talkpower decides on the requestflagcount.

Useable for meetings where only one person is allowwed to speak but more than one person are willing to speak.
    (we are using this methode also in our meetings, but we are giving tp manualy on reminding the order)

I think nice to have but not a must have.

We were having a political discussion in one of our TeamSpeak channels, and as most of us know: politics can be very incendiary.

Basically, everyone was interrupting everyone else. I eventually got them on a system of waiting their turn and having each person talk in channel order, but that broke down after a few rotations. I did not want to mute the channel and have everyone request talk power, as that would be way too much work and probably stagnate discussion.

I add a suggestion for this into our ticket system.
    This needs a discussion first.

We update this thread as soon it was rejected or started
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Update:
    You can use a hotkey already for this and you need to be the moderator with the permision "b_client_set_flag_talker" set.
    Now set or use the hotkey Grant Next User Talk Power
    This grants one User talk Power (the user who requested first)
    Remove the talk power from User 1 and let user 2 talk.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Update:
    You can use a hotkey already for this and you need to be the moderator with the permision "b_client_set_flag_talker" set.
    Now set or use the hotkey Grant Next User Talk Power
    This grants one User talk Power (the user who requested first)
    Remove the talk power from User 1 and let user 2 talk.
    This is great! Thank you.

This was fixed with 3.0.9 which added the option to "Revoke all and grant next requested Talkpower", which removes everyones talk power and then gives the one who requested talk power first. obviously only works in moderated channels.
    This way you can create single-speaker around the table discussion rounds.

Hey guys,

im setting up my new ts3 server and im having the same issue.
    is there anywhere a guide which shows me how i can configure the channel permission with the correct permissions so only one user can talk at one time, like in a radio?

sry for my bad english..
    i really dont get how i should do this..

hope you can help me!

greetings

Simple: Create a channel with moderation so nobody can talk without requesting talk power. The needed talk power of the channel should thus be higher than any groups talk power.
    When that is done, everyone in the channel will need to request talk power and the admin / moderator can then just right click the channel and "Revoke all and grant Next talkpower", you can also create a hotkey for that or add it in the toolbar at the top.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Alright, so we had ~12 people in a channel because we were all in the same game, but we were using TeamSpeak for out-of-character chat when some of us were dead and some of us were alive. Obviously, not all players can request talk power because some of them are alive, and would risk dying if they tabbed out of game.

So if there is still a ticket in your system for this, could you update it for this simple purpose:

Queued voice mode will make it so that no two users can transmit at the same time (except for server admins with a flag?). The server will allow whichever user transmitted first to keep transmitting and keep all other users 'muted' until he or she stops. When the user stops, it will do the same for the next user to try speaking.

Thread Information