Forum

Question Cannot send channel chat message as SA

Hey all,

I seem to be having a really random issue with sending messages in the Default Channel. It's strange because I have always been able to, but now all of a sudden I cannot. As far as I am aware, I've not been banned, other server admins cannot see anything suggesting that I do not have permission to chat and even after being added to the Server Admin / Channel Admin groups for Server and Channel respectively, I still cannot post any text.

I receive the following message: You don't have permissions to send channel chat messages, failed to send text message.

I'm running the latest Windows build, can post on other Teamspeak servers and the server is 3.0.5 under Linux.

I also don't seem to be able to access any of the permission groups, even though the server owner can.

Is there any advice you can provide so I can pass it onto the owner to resolve this?

Thanks alot!

Sam

Sending of Channel Chat messages is controlled by b_client_channel_textmessage_send

Quote Originally Posted by Swordeh View Post
    Hey all,

I seem to be having a really random issue with sending messages in the Default Channel. It's strange because I have always been able to, but now all of a sudden I cannot. As far as I am aware, I've not been banned, other server admins cannot see anything suggesting that I do not have permission to chat and even after being added to the Server Admin / Channel Admin groups for Server and Channel respectively, I still cannot post any text.

I receive the following message: You don't have permissions to send channel chat messages, failed to send text message.

I'm running the latest Windows build, can post on other Teamspeak servers and the server is 3.0.5 under Linux.

I also don't seem to be able to access any of the permission groups, even though the server owner can.

Is there any advice you can provide so I can pass it onto the owner to resolve this?

Thanks alot!

Sam
    I am having the same problem and the admins don't know a solution please help.

Thank you. Well the strange thing is, I have permission to post already. I can export my identity, import it into TS3 on my mac and everything works fine. It's just the Windows client it seems. Any other ideas?

OK, so completely removing TS and manually removing registry entries resolved this. I'm now using the exact same identity and it all seems to work. Weird!

Quote Originally Posted by Swordeh View Post
    OK, so completely removing TS and manually removing registry entries resolved this. I'm now using the exact same identity and it all seems to work. Weird!
    Can you direct me on how to COMPLETLEY remove it like you did , cause i uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it didnt work. thanks

iJukeBoxx
    You should start with post 2 first, because you ignored that and asked the same question, even when the answer was given 1 post above yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentStorm View Post
    Sending of Channel Chat messages is controlled by b_client_channel_textmessage_send

This can help too, when the permissions are ok, but the cache file is broken somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Please try to delete your cache, maybe your perm.dat is broken
    disconnect from your server and open Settings > Options > Security > Clear Cache "select cache only" else chats are deleted too
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by iJukeBoxx View Post
    Can you direct me on how to COMPLETLEY remove it like you did , cause i uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it didnt work. thanks
    I exported my ID, ran the uninstaller, checking the box to remove all configuration and removed any files/folders left over in the Program Files folder.

After I opened regedit and removed any reference to Teamspeak (to be fair, this probably did nothing) and reinstalled. The only difference I made to the installation this time was to store all configuration files in the install directory.

Imported by ID again and it worked. I had done the reinstallation before it didn't work, so I can't be sure if that will solve your issue.

dante696's solution might be of more use.

Hope that helps.

Thread Information