Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

TeamSpeak 3 Client Version 3.0.8.1 Released

We are announcing the release of version 3.0.8.1 of the TeamSpeak client.

This is a bugfix release which addresses a possible crash when clicking on ts3server:// links and adds internal changes to prepare the permission system for the next server release. In addition there also is a new playback sound setting to further customize the handling on mono sounds output.

Code:
    === Client Release 3.0.8.1 30 Jul 2012
    + Increased Plugin API version to 18:
      Added returnCode to flushChannelCreate|Update, changed type of permissionID
      parameters from anyID to unsigned int.
    + Mono sounds can now also be sent to just left and right (stereo) speakers.
      This is now the default setting. Select "Mono to surround" in playback
      options to get the old behaviour.
    * Changing the bantime dropdown no longer adjusts the time.
    * Added contextmenu to copy client version from About dialog to clipboard.
    * Added SERVER_ICON, CHANNEL_ICON and CLIENT_ICON variables to info templates.
    * Enable scrollbuttons on Mac tabs to avoid the window resizing when too many
      chat tabs open.
    * Added Isle of Man country flag.
    - Fixed possible crash when clicking on ts3server:// links with a default
      channel specified.
    - Fixed banlist sorting which did not apply properly after searching.
    - Reverted plain/text mimetype for client items drag&drop. Needs some more work
      on lineedits first to implement this properly.
    We recommend our users to update to this version by visiting the Download page or use the integrated update function.
    Last edited by dante696; August 1st, 2012 at 07:29 AM. Reason: typo fixed

Well done, but why don't you announce all updates on Facebook or Google+ (create a page)?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaosvf View Post
    Well done, but why don't you announce all updates on Facebook or Google+ (create a page)?
    Why, the client will notify on start. Just just another step to manage and track. I think they have enough on their plate.

Thanks Screech for the input and work. I agree on the updating client info, and we can always check the Forums and maybe trip over something new while here.

Added Isle of Men country flag.
    It's Isle of Man. There's no such thing as Isle of Men.

Mono sounds can now also be sent to just left and right (stereo) speakers.
    This is now the default setting. Select "Mono to surround" in playback
    options to get the old behaviour.
    Is there anywhere where you post technical details of exactly what was changed in the sound engine?
    Last edited by Heaney555; August 1st, 2012 at 09:36 AM.

Dear Heaney555,
    This was a great usefull post

Isle of Man > This is just a typo and can be changed with the next release. Thank you for that hint.

What technical detail do you need, when a mono sound is converted into stereo or surround sound. All sounds still use the same volume and still do not allow to hear users from other postions automatically without any 3D sound enabled. This is a try to avoid Logitech's G35 & G930 Bugs...
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

What exactly is the reason for a new API version less than 6 weeks from the last release?
    Normally I'm all for progress and new versions but with the "intruding" autoupdate feature people will almost blindly update, making all their plugins incompatible - a big problem for many ACRE users I'm sure.

I noticed that the API version is the first thing mentioned in the changelog, but many people don't even read it and will trust that what they're getting is somehow better for them.

I propose you warn them during API upgrades about making plugins incompatible.

Sort of OffTopic but anyway

Usually Plugin Developers get the chance to prepare for an incoming API Increase, giving them Time to properly check the differences between the API Versions, checking their Code and making the necessary Adjustments to their Code, then test them. When the new API got released to the Public the Developers just had to upload the new Version to the Addons Page and everything was fine. In the Past this Window was at least one week and most of the time up to several Weeks...
    However unfortunately this Time there was no Warning for Plugin Developers, nor any Window (well I think there was a 10 hour window...) to adjust for the incoming Changes to the API. Thus no Plugin was updated and Developers had to rush their Updates or face that all their Users would have to live without their Plugin until they got around updating.
    Was kinda annoyed by this myself, seeing that I only noticed there was an update after it was public for a day already.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentStorm View Post
    Sort of OffTopic but anyway

Usually Plugin Developers get the chance to prepare for an incoming API Increase, giving them Time to properly check the differences between the API Versions, checking their Code and making the necessary Adjustments to their Code, then test them. When the new API got released to the Public the Developers just had to upload the new Version to the Addons Page and everything was fine. In the Past this Window was at least one week and most of the time up to several Weeks...
    However unfortunately this Time there was no Warning for Plugin Developers, nor any Window (well I think there was a 10 hour window...) to adjust for the incoming Changes to the API. Thus no Plugin was updated and Developers had to rush their Updates or face that all their Users would have to live without their Plugin until they got around updating.
    Was kinda annoyed by this myself, seeing that I only noticed there was an update after it was public for a day already.
    Thank you for replying despite it being sort of offtopic

I didn't know that they actually got a warning, but am glad to know that they do.

Anyway, the post was mostly an expression of frustration as the clan I'm in have had a lot of problems with ACRE due to the TS3 API updates.

Not really a warning, more like being in the beta channel for these things is a great "heads up".

As Screech mentioned it's not really a warning (and I never said that) but a chance to preview the changes by choosing to receive Beta Updates.

how about ipv6 support?

Thread Information