Forum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Gotta say I was really pissed when I accidentally updated and the automatic volume decreaser thing wasn't there anymore - that was extremely useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Drizzles View Post
    Gotta say I was really pissed when I accidentally updated and the automatic volume decreaser thing wasn't there anymore - that was extremely useful.
    They have been keeping it updated on the addons site. Can be found here.
    Last edited by Chris; May 8th, 2013 at 02:52 PM.

This batch file will be good too have - in case you exit a program while someone is talking the volume stays modified next time you open it.
    The script resets all the Application custom volumes in Windows Mixer. (aka. fixing "problems" caused by Volume Control Plugin)

Please note, all sound will stop when running this. And you maybe need to restart a few programs to get sound from them again.

@ECHO OFF
    ECHO Reset Volume Mixer Settings...
    NET STOP Audiosrv
    NET STOP AudioEndpointBuilder
    REG DELETE "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\Audio\PolicyConfig\PropertySt ore" /F
    REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\Audio\PolicyConfig\PropertySt ore"
    NET START Audiosrv
    (Stolen from this place)

I believe that I may have narrowed down one of the cases that causes the client to crash.

It seems to happen when a new audio application is to or removed from the mixer while speaking. It might just be when removed. I suspect that the plugin doesn't properly handle the list of programs with audio changing out of under it, dying when it goes to restore the volumes.

It's a shame that the source for it hasn't been released so that no one can fix it. I've been toying with the idea of writing my own replacement, but I haven't had time to read up on the Windows audio APIs.

After I updated Teamspeak to version 3.0.14 I tried to install Volume Control with API 20 (attached file), but an error always occurs saying that extracting is failing. I asked a friend and he got the same issue.

May you check the API20-File?

Btw: Thanks for this Add-On. It really helps not to silence every task manually and I can't imagine playing games without.

a workaround to get this plugin installed:
    The "*.ts3_plugin" files are pretty much only simple zip archives, so you can rename the file and change the filetype to ".zip" and open it with whatever tool you have installed for zips.
    Then just extract the dlls into ".../Teamspeak 3 Client/plugins/"
    Last edited by Chris; March 17th, 2014 at 10:44 AM.

Broken since the update to 3.0.14. "Plugin failed to load: API version is not compatible".

Edit: I was using API19 version, think I need API20 :\

Same here....although I have found this nice replacement:

http://addons.teamspeak.com/director...y)-remake.html

Quote Originally Posted by Goreki View Post
    a workaround to get this plugin installed:
    The "*.ts3_plugin" files are pretty much only simple zip archives, so you can rename the file and change the filetype to ".zip" and open it with whatever tool you have installed for zips.
    Then just extract the dlls into ".../Teamspeak 3 Client/plugins/"
    Changing the file ending works.
    Thanks for the quick response

Unfortunately your rework doesn't suit me due to your own argument concerning resetting to 100% Volume.
    Last edited by Chris; March 17th, 2014 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok246 View Post
    Broken since the update to 3.0.14. "Plugin failed to load: API version is not compatible".

Edit: I was using API19 version, think I need API20 :\
    Plugin fpr API20 is linked in post #1.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Plugin fpr API20 is linked in post #1.
    Perhaps you could apply your own workaround to this, so it actually works.
    And thanks for the red bar of shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Goreki View Post
    Perhaps you could apply your own workaround to this, so it actually works.
    And thanks for the red bar of shame.
    Has nothing to do with wrong api version.
    I won't change the package content. I know that our developers will fix this soon.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Having trouble installing volume control plugin

Hey guys. So first of all I have 2 drives, my SSD with my OS and my HDD. I used to have TS on my HDD, but teamspeak "rights" wouldn't install there, so I decided today to move it to my SSD where installing the rights did work. However, now I am having trouble installing the volume control plugin that's kind of a staple to my teamspeak use.

Here's a link to that plugin

When I extract the .zip file and then open the result with package_inst.exe, I get the following error: http://i.imgur.com/Vb96Vqh.png

This may be because of security or permissions on my SSD, but I tried giving as many things as possible full control and it didn't seem to work. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Just rename Volume_Control_API20.ts3_plugin to Volume_Control_API20.zip and then try to exract it manually into the clients folder.

If it still won't extract, then redownload the package again. I can extract it here.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Just rename Volume_Control_API20.ts3_plugin to Volume_Control_API20.zip and then try to exract it manually into the clients folder.

If it still won't extract, then redownload the package again. I can extract it here.
    Thanks, that worked.

Thread Information