Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

"Volume Control Plugin" collection

The plugin is not under development anymore, we only update the api versions.
    It was removed out of the client setup, because it does cause to many crashes.

click me to get the latest version

Older versions
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by dante696; April 1st, 2013 at 04:38 PM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Since a little while back, this plugin's "Winamp-only" feature stopped working properly.
    When it reduces the volume, it only does it for a fraction of a second. So when people are talking on TS, it will only reduce the volume at the start for like half a second, and then it goes back to normal - even if people still are talking.

Without the "Winamp-only" feature it works fine. But I would love to see a future feature that allows you to exclude processes/programs that it shouldn't touch the volume on. (for example a game's volume).

Win 7 Pro / Winamp 5.63

The older version had sucha bug yes, but this should be fixed.
    This plugin was removed, because it does cause to much problems at some users.
    Last edited by dante696; September 20th, 2013 at 08:20 AM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

I really hope you will continue to work on this plugin. It's extremely useful for very many users.
    I'm trying to figure out why Winamp-only is not working on my system. How does the plugin control Winamp's volume? Does it send 'keypresses' by using Global Hotkeys?

I'm not the author i just provide this plugin with latest Api version. I guess it does detect Winamp on Winodw's Volume mixer and just reduce the volume. I have no hotkeys enabled on Winamp.

Just if someone is interested:
    You can use window commands to communicate with winamp.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    The odler version had sucha bug yes, but this should be fixed.
    This plugin was removed, because it does cause to much problems at some users.
    I'm afraid that the Winamp-only bug has not been fixed. I had to revert my music bot back to 3.0.5 because of this.

What happens is when someone begins to speak, the Winamp volume 'flickers' to the volume it would normally be set to, but is instantly returned to what it was before no matter how you do the settings.

I was using 3.0.8.1 32-bit. I hope you can fix this because it's an integral feature for my music bot and I'd like to upgrade its software as soon as possible.

Also, you should really include this plugin with the application again, just don't keep it enabled by default anymore. I was introducing people to the program and one of them asked if they could reduce the volume of people speaking, and there was a lot of confusion when Volume Control was no longer there.

API 19 would be nice for beta channel users... even if just posted to the thread until 3.0.9 goes public for everyone.

Api 19 was added here for the latest beta client.

I love this plugin and as I use a desktop mic with Teamspeak while gaming, consider it essential.

It is, however, missing one small feature that would really help; the ability to also turn down Teamspeak itself (or at least people talking in my channel) when my mic is open, in addition to all other applications as it functions now. Eliminating splashback from my games and such is great but people hearing themselves if I happen to accidentally talk at the same time is still a problem.

From the description, this should be what options -> Capture -> Echo reduction does.
    Tried that already?

While here, if I may ask naively about the plugin myself...
    If I get this correctly from the console output, the plugin does exactly what I coded recently in an unrelated project myself: Manually iterating the audio sessions and manipulating their mixer values. However, while I need exactly that, I am wondering why this route was chosen here, as with the same windows version (7) also the eCommunications role was introduced. To me it seems an already provided feature is reimplemented and the question arises why (just out of curiosity).
    As it seems I have never heard the OS Variant in work, maybe it just sucks. Always figured the plugin would work with that until I saw it.

Unrelated: Source code still possibly released with 3.1? Values-To-Restore tend to wander to silence over time.

I'm having a bit of a problem with this, I have the latest plugin installed with the latest TS3, API versions match. The plugin has no effect on my volume regardless of settings it just doesn't do anything at all. it is definitely ticked and enabled. I have dissabled Windows 7's own voip volume attenuation but this hasn't had any effect on the problem. Running Win7 x64 with a Xonar DX.

edit:

Forget this, updated my xonar drivers and everything is happy!
    Last edited by WILD9; November 23rd, 2012 at 06:51 PM.

The plugin does not save settings. You have to adjust every time you start the client. Client 3.0.10. API 19.

I would really like to see an exception list. I have in game coms that we use too, and when I use this, it makes it hard to hear those coms.

Api version is not compatible api 19 i think work

Thread Information