Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Solved Permissions Overview showing wrong value for certain permissions

In the Permissions Overview section, permissions under the "all" section should display the values of the most prominent value, that is to say, the final value that the client has, correct?

However, the section doesn't seem to follow the server group -> client permissions -> etc. hierarchy. For example, if I have a server group that has b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions=1, and an individual client which has b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions=0, in the "all" section for the permissions overview of that client, it will display b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions to be equal to 0, whereas actually the server treats that client as having b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions=1.

Hopefully that makes sense; if further explanation is required, I'm happy to explain in a better worded fashion.

Thanks
    Neil~

I'd consider this a Bug as in that the Permission overview is correct but the server is wrong in treating skip_channelgroup = true regardless of it being set to false on Tier 2 (Client Permissions).

I always thought client permissions overruled everything else, however the server group permissions supposedly do overrule the client permissions (Server Group = Tier 1 / Client Permissions = Tier 2). TS documentation says the same, that server group perms overrule the client perms. It would make more sense if client perms were Tier 1 and server Tier 2.

Taken from the permissions documentation:

How do clients get permissions? How are they assigned?
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++

The way a client receives his permissions is determined through a 5 layer system. Each layer can overwrite permissions
    from the previous layer. If a permission is not granted on any of these 5 layers, it will be assumed to be of zero or false
    value. These are the 5 Layers:

Tier 1: Server Groups
    Tier 2: Client Specific Permissions
    Tier 3: Channel Specific Permissions
    Tier 4: Channel Groups
    Tier 5: Channel and Client Specific Permissions

So either the bug is that the server treats it as true, even though the client permission is false, or that the permission overview states the final value as false, even though the server treats it as true.

Client Permissions overwrite ServerGroups, but are overwritten by Channel Permissions, Channel Groups and Channel Client Perms.

Whoops, indeed. Then the following is correct:
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentStorm View Post
    I'd consider this a Bug as in that the Permission overview is correct but the server is wrong in treating skip_channelgroup = true regardless of it being set to false on Tier 2 (Client Permissions).

You know, that you have to setup all permissions to that client, so that they get not skipped? This is no bug.

You can not set b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions to a client , like a server group, that all permissions (with a skip flag) are not skipped.
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...782#post308782

You can use this permission on a client to skip all channel permissions only, but you can not invert this effect. Please setup the permission, that should not be skipped on that user.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Why is the option even available to assign b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions to a client then?
    Last edited by ~Neil~; August 7th, 2012 at 04:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    You can use this permission on a client to skip all channel permissions only, but you can not invert this effect. Please setup the permission, that should not be skipped on that user.
    You still can use the normal feature of that permission. It was included to skip the permissions.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thread Information