Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Solved Stop Updating So Frequently

I find it very hard to use any of my plugins like TeamSpeak Soundboard when we are getting a new teamspeak update every other month. The folks over at the Sounboard plugin work very hard to maintain their website and their plugin, but every new update for TeamSpeak breaks the plugin and by the time they get around to updating the plugin, there is already a new teamspeak version. I want to install the soundboard, but the only way is to get an old version of TS, an old version that is not available on this TS website. Please stop updating so frequently, please stop breaking plugins with each new update, or please keep older versions of TS available for download.

First Person I see complaining about a Software being made better, advanced and Bugs getting fixed.
    You can always check the Changelog before updating by clicking the Button and if you see a line mentioning an increased Plugin API Version deny to update until there is an updated Version for each of your used Plugins.
    Plugin Developers usually have the chance to preview Updates and adjust their Plugins accordingly, reducing the downtime after an update to a couple hours. If the Author of your used Plugins doesn't do that... well thats not TeamSpeak's Fault really... But as I said you can always reject the Update until your Plugins are updated.
    In addition to that you can download the old versions

edit by dante
    URL removed and replaced in post #4
    Last edited by dante696; August 9th, 2012 at 07:52 AM.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by SilentStorm View Post
    First Person I see complaining about a Software being made better, advanced and Bugs getting fixed.
    You can always check the Changelog before updating by clicking the Button and if you see a line mentioning an increased Plugin API Version deny to update until there is an updated Version for each of your used Plugins.
    Plugin Developers usually have the chance to preview Updates and adjust their Plugins accordingly, reducing the downtime after an update to a couple hours. If the Author of your used Plugins doesn't do that... well thats not TeamSpeak's Fault really... But as I said you can always reject the Update until your Plugins are updated.
    In addition to that you can download the old versions here
    Thank you so much for the link

The thing you mention about choosing to not update is what I have been doing for a while now and has been working quite well for me, its just that I wanted to install TS3 on another computer and I didnt have the original older TS3 version install exe anymore. I feel like I shouldn't have to expect the maker of my plugin to constantly update it all the time. After I've made something I certainly don't want to have to update it every other month. As for software being made better, advanced, and bugs being fixed, I'm sure these bugs exist, but TS3 has been operating without fault for me so I see no reason to update so complaining about updates is something that I will wholeheartedly do. On that note, is there a way I can disable TS3 from asking me to update almost every time I turn it on? It is marginally annoying.

Edit: So I just checked your link and followed it to http://www.gigafront.de/downloads,56...3_windows.html and I found no older versions of TS3, just the latest client version and the slightly older server version. I was looking for something 3.0.7 or older.

Edit 2: Found older version here: http://www.filehippo.com/download_te...nt_64/history/

Its a real shame that these older versions are completely unavailable from Team Speak's official downloads page.
    Last edited by Warlord Kentax; August 9th, 2012 at 07:51 AM.

Teamspeak does asks when 24 hours have past bye, after the last update check. You can not deactivate this check.
    You can get older versions here. I wil lremove the other url.
    http://ftp.4players.de/pub/hosted/ts3/releases/
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

That doesnt answer my question. Is there a way to disable Teamspeak from asking me? I dont want it asking me to update.

As asid above, you can not deactivate this check. This won't be changed.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

When you initially posted "Teamspeak does asks when 24 hours have past bye" it included no link and it did not say "you can not deactivate this check." Why are you claiming that you said this already when you say "As asid above" your manipulation of that post seems devious and makes my post seem like I was being unobservant. I read through your entire post only 10 minutes ago and it contained none of this information.

Thank you for providing me with an official download link, but I would really appreciate it if you would include that on the official download page since I have indeed met other users that have the same problem I do with not being able to find older versions of TS3.

We do not support outdated client and server versions. There are features missing and old bugs.
    As the thread title says this is rejected and this becomes an endless discussion here.

we understand your concerns, we will soon change the plugin interface so that small changes wont outdate existings plugins
    anymore that fast.

Thread Information