Forum

What do these mean?

Hey all,
    I've got a nooby question for you!
    What do these column titles specifically do? I'm fairly confused. :P

http://puu.sh/UWop

Thanks. ^_^ You are all always very helpful.

http://media.teamspeak.com/ts3_liter...ns%20Guide.txt
    Value is just what value the permission currently has.
    Skip is whether the permission gets Skipped so it won't be overridden by channel or channelgroup perms
    Negate makes it use the lowest value instead of the highest from multiple Server Groups.
    Grant is how much you can give on most permissions / enables you to delegate this permission to someone else.

So if Value is checked, the group/user will have that permission?

And if Value is equal/greater to the Grant value, then they will have that permission also?

No...
    If the Value is checked every user in that group will have the permission (wherever it applies).
    And the Value is just how much power of the permission users in that group have. For Non Admin Groups the Grant Column should always be empty.
    For most Permissions there is a needed Variant, for example i_client_poke_power and i_client_needed_poke_power. Only if User A has poker_power equal or greater to the needed_poke_power of user B, User A will be able to poke User B. Otherwise it will fail on i_client_needed_poke_power.

Alrighty. Thanks so much for bearing with me lol. I'm trying desperately to get used to the TS permission settings.

One last question:
    If I haven't specified a i_client_needed_poke_power, but they have the i_client_poke_power of say 75, will they be able to poke?

yes, they can poke everyone whoi has a i_client_needed_poke_power of <= 75. If you didn't specify needed_poke_power then it counts as 0. They will also be able to be poked by everyone.

Thread Information