Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Solved Private Message Notification

I've registered to make a couple of potential suggestions for private messages..

First one is, would it be possible to consider the TeamSpeak window flashing in the taskbar if you get a new private message on TeamSpeak only (not channel chat), alternatively the TS Icon flashing intermittently to grab the user's attention.

Alternatively as an and/or, have a slightly different sound play when the user receives a private message, to differentiate it from channel/server chat.

Having used TeamSpeak for a couple of years now, and the gaming community we run, there are sometimes just text chatters believe it or not on our server, and I think it would be useful for a way to allow the user to enable more notification of a new private chat message.

Obviously, you might not want notifications to be quite so intrusive as pokes, but having asked several TS users themselves, my alternative idea appears to be quite popular.

We had in mind, that the tray icon would blink or pulsate, when a message appeared, but this feature won't be included.
    This was before our discussion about features.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Why this rejected ? man I barely saw the notification icon, sometimes I notice it after days and there was an important messages to me

This thread is from 2012..
    If you notice messages after days, you should share your contact information with these buddys ;D

Back to topic:
    Client 3.0.17 will add a feature, where the taskbar does flash, when the client is not the active window.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

This is a great step forward. I would like to request you improve it slightly for the next version since if it is not on the task bar and only is on the system tray, there is no indication of the message. It would be useful to have some kind of change in the icon, maybe a little postbox, or a simple flashing every 2 or 3 seconds of what ever it's original status icon is and then to something currently unused so there is the visual identifier of messages even when TS only is residing in the system tray.

Great work guys.

Thread Information