Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Unhappy Can't get ports to show as open, and the external ip address fails to connect.

Hi, I am a bit new at teamspeak. I have never made a server before, but I have followed many directions however i still cannot get the ports to be open, and when i try to connect to the external ip through command prompt it fails. I set up the ports in my router to my static ip address. I made sure my firewall is not blocking anything. My router is a Linksys WRT350N.

As it has been explained a thousand times in this Forum, you cannot connect to your public (WAN) IP from your internal Network. As long as you are inside your local network you need to use your Local (LAN) IP.
    The only way you can check if it should be working is to use a Smartphone capable of running the TS3 Client, disable WLAN so you are using the Mobile Network and then connect to your Public IP on the Phone. If it works it should work for others too.

I Don't have a smartphone. :O

But that still doesn't explain how do i get the ports to show up as online?

Well then you'll have to get someone else to try to connect to your server to see if it is actually working properly.

If by "show up as open/online" you mean websites which check your open ports: It won't display the voice port since that's a UDP Port which cannot be displayed by theses sites. The Filetransfer Port should show up though.

I have seen sites that say the ports are closed/offline, when infact they are open. The real way to get the answer you need/want is to have someone from outside of your LAN try to connect.

Thread Information