Forum

Normal user subchannel creation

Hello guys,

I need help with a problem a bit similar to this:
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...cific-channels

I have figured out everything in that thread except how to make them only be able to create subchannels in a specific channel. The result I'm sitting with is users being able to create subchannels in every channel of the specified i_channel_min_depth / ..max_depth. I have tried revoking all creation permissions from the normal class and assign them to the channel instead, but then they were not able to create anything at all.

What I have now is a modified normal class with the permission to create subchannels in the specified depth and temporary channels at the base server depth.

What I want is for the normal class to have permission to create temporary subchannels in one channel, and nothing else.

My explanation is a little messy, I know, but I have a hard time explaining it better.

Hope you can help me.
    Last edited by AtotehZ; August 18th, 2012 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AtotehZ View Post
    I have tried revoking all creation permissions from the normal class and assign them to the channel instead, but then they were not able to create anything at all.
    This is the correct approach to do this, they can create subchannels as long as they are in the channel were they should be allowed to create subchannels... There is no way around this limitation (at least not that I know of).

So how is it that they are not allowed to make those subchannels when I've permitted it in the channel in question? As I said everything gets disabled when I remove permissions to create from the group, including the channel where it was supposed to be permitted.

Could you perchance have a look at my permissions on the server? I'll create a group where you're able to, I think I know enough to do that now.. says something about how screwed up it has been to make this work.

EDIT: Just to explain the use of this. The server is used by people from our game server. The game were playing(Arma2: DayZ) requires people to create alliances to survive, and to have a separate voice channel where noone can disturb except for the people in the alliance, is a feature we would like to offer. Alliances are temporary most of the time, therefore the channels must be too. To make it neat, subchannels of a single channel should be used for this.

EDIT2: I got a bit closer, if not close enough. Now user can create subchannels in that channel, but only while they are actually in the channel themselves. Near perfect result, but it would still be nice to get some insight in why you can't allow users to treat a channel differently without actually being in the one with the altered permissions.
    Last edited by AtotehZ; August 19th, 2012 at 05:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AtotehZ View Post
    Now user can create subchannels in that channel, but only while they are actually in the channel themselves. Near perfect result, but it would still be nice to get some insight in why you can't allow users to treat a channel differently without actually being in the one with the altered permissions.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentStorm View Post
    This is the correct approach to do this, they can create subchannels as long as they are in the channel were they should be allowed to create subchannels... There is no way around this limitation (at least not that I know of).
    Notice something?

Yea, I guess it's as it's supposed to be now. Thanks

The Permissions are set on a Channel, thus people only have them while they are inside that channel. If you'd assign them anywhere else they would be able to create subchannels anywhere (at the very least in any room not explicitly forbidden - I haven't tried it this way around yet though and it might not work.).

Thread Information