Forum

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thank you to Dante and Peter S.

As mentioned previously in this thread, my dealings with Hypernia have always been good. All of this was caused due to one individual at Hypernia (who I have never named) giving the worst customer service I have ever experienced. While statements have been made that might seem unfair, these have come from lack of real communication. These statements are from a customers perspective. We are not uneducated fools. A lot of us have relevant qualifications and answers like the ones I received were not satisfactory.

I have high praise for Lane and others I have dealt with over the past year at Hypernia. Its the reason we moved other services over in the first place. I can also not speak a bad word about you guys over at TS. What I saw from you today was service beyond what I could imagine.

I will state here publicly, that my main issue was not with Hypernia, rather with the responses from one person. I didn't want to identify a person in a public forum, but I thought Hypernia are good enough to deal with a bit of criticism.

While I disagree the whole thread should be removed, as a lot of good information has come out of it, That is something for you to make the final decision on. While criticism might have seemed harsh, I always felt it was just. I think if you are a service provider, you have to take the good comments with the bad. Hence i don't agree with it being removed.

What I don't want is my opinion (and I freely admit, that fact is sometimes different to opinion) to sway away from the fact that the achievement of this threat has been huge, and will hopefully get a result that will be great for everyone.

I cannot thank you enough for your help. You guys have been outstanding.

Roundie.

As a quick update: On wednesday Hypernia and our tech support met to get their servers up and running again. While I am unable to verify this personally now, the Hypernia servers in Australia should be fine now. In case of issues, please contact the Hypernia support, they meanwhile are aware of the original problem and should be easily able to resolve it.
    While we, TeamSpeak, have no influence on Hypernia servers directly (as with any hoster), we were able to assist them to figure out what went wrong and give advice how to prevent this issue in the future.

To sum it up, all should be good now.

Cheers Peter.

I might make contact with them again next week (let the dust settle) and see if they are thinking of making any changes.

Again I would like to thank you and Dante and everyone else at TS for acknowledging this post and helping.

We appreciate your hard work.

Best regards

Roundie

File transfer exploits?

I have been asking my teamspeak host so many times to enable the file transfer system. They say they won't do it because there is a known security exploit with the file transfer system and won't enable it until it gets fixed. They also say they are in contact directly with the TS3 team.

Can someone please explain to me why whatever this exploit is has not been resolved? I have been asking my host for months to get the file transfer feature.

I think I have seen one case like this here before.
    There are no known exploits.

They only use that excuse to not enable it.

There is no exploit in our Filetransfer system!

Thread was merged
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Okay, well I have just made a ticket with my host and I am asking them about this. When I used the chat system and talked with them about this they had previously told me that they were working closely with the teamspeak team to resolve the issue with the file transfer system. I hope it was just a misunderstanding or that there was a problem that they are not aware was resolved or something? Either way I am waiting to see what they say about my query.

What exactly could make a TS host decide to not allow this feature? If it is not an exploit then what would it be?

Quote Originally Posted by Morthawt View Post
    What exactly could make a TS host decide to not allow this feature? If it is not an exploit then what would it be?
    1. More traffic to pay for
    2. Additional bandwidth requirements
    3. Illegal file uploads
    4. No built-in way to limit the disk space per server
    5. Insufficient know-how

Some hosters charge an extra fee for using filetransfer or just wont have this for any reason.

/* edit
    ScP was faster or preferred
    */

Thread Information