Forum

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Been tested on multiple Graphic cards both NVidia and ATI/AMD but Monitors keep turning off and screensaver activates.

1) Meaning? because one person with an entirely different setup cant find a problem that none exists? So im stupid or just mistaken?

2) Why combine (hide) my bug report in an old thread marked [RESOLVED] when its anything but resolved for me and the others?!!! Talk about trying to sweep problems under the carpet, thats out of order. ITS NOT RESOLVED!!!!

How many other problems does TS have that have been hidden from devs like this?

3) I dont run screensavers. I clearly stated my problem, its interrupting sleep, no mention of screensaver ever. Please un-tangle my thread from the rest, it clearly hinders the likelihood of me getting help.

Doesnt look like theres any enthusiasm to bother finding a fix either way. Chris is doing his best to convince himself theres nothing wrong and isnt willing to take ownership of this problem. Do the actual devs post here or am I singing to the moon by coming to post?

The mark of a good outfit is how they help when things go wrong. So far im being treated like an idiot and my live bug report hidden in some old resolved thread. Whats next? Gonna ban me from the forum so you can live in your sweet denial that anything ever goes wrong with TS?

Id have dumped it off my PC already if not for my clan, badly coded piece of tripe, It has NO business messing with APM/ACPI and the fact it does *in any configuration* should be an alarm to the devs. Ive been using and promoting TS since it usurped the position of Roger Wilco and my one time I need help look what happens. Total disrespect. Needless to say dont look to me to generate any more purchases or recommendations.

EDIT: Nearly forgot, my help page about how to customise the text to speech sound pack is now taken DOWN and the downloads removed. Small thing I know but I see no reason to show any kind of support for you guys now.
    Last edited by Mad Ad; November 4th, 2012 at 06:08 PM. Reason: realisation i have been treated like an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Ad View Post
    1) Meaning? because one person with an entirely different setup cant find a problem that none exists? So im stupid or just mistaken?
    My setup is not entirely different from yours at least not from what you posted...
    Got the same graphics card, same ram, an SSD for windows too... slightly older cpu but it's still the same brand (not that it means much anyway).
    Also nobody accused anyone of being an idiot or anything in that line.

2) Why combine (hide) my bug report in an old thread marked [RESOLVED] when its anything but resolved for me and the others?!!! Talk about trying to sweep problems under the carpet, thats out of order. ITS NOT RESOLVED!!!!
    It's not hidden, it has just been merged as it is the same problem. There is not much of a point in having 5 threads about the same thing.

3) I dont run screensavers. I clearly stated my problem, its interrupting sleep, no mention of screensaver ever. Please un-tangle my thread from the rest, it clearly hinders the likelihood of me getting help.
    If you read the thread again you will notice that I don't run screensavers either (though I did configure a screensaver at one point to test this too and make sure it's still working) , but have it set to turn off my monitors after a certain amount of time and this is working as expected, even when talking to people but not doing anything else.

It has NO business messing with APM/ACPI and the fact it does *in any configuration* should be an alarm to the devs.
    TeamSpeak does not mess with the power stuff - if it were to then there would be lot's of other people (like everyone) that would have these problems, but there aren't.

It might just be a weird combination of things that lead to you having this problem, might be some plugin that you are using which does stuff, or some third party application that in combination with TeamSpeak is causing this problem.

The one thing I did notice is that at some point in time after windows has been running for an extended period of time (a few weeks) is that all power saving features (including Monitor shutdown, hdd shutdown etc.) stop working until I reboot windows, this however is unrelated to TeamSpeak as it breaks / is broken regardless of whether TeamSpeak is running or not.

well, here is my config; Windows 7 enterprise 64Bit, 16Gig memory, videocard : AMD Radeon HD 6850 (2x display monitors), I update my driver from AMD every months(when a new realease comes in), motherboard: P55A-UD4P ( same thing driver always up to date ). I have 1x Onboard audio card ( Realtek) 1x M-Audio Ultra Fast Track and 1x Azentech X-Meridian. I have rebuilt my PC couple time in the past year ( problem still there ). I have this problem since a new build of TS3 ( wich I don't know because I did not notice it in time , but been a while ). Teamspeak 2 work fine.

Problem is related somehow to teamspeak, because I'm the SA of my server I used to stay in. but I don't do it anymore, since my monitors were working 24/7. when teamspeak is closed not running. all my power management is back to normal. I'm not saying it's teamspeak faults, or AMD... but somehow, teamspeak use ressources that keep the system awake. teamspeak running in background or in foreground same thing...!

hope this could help more to resolved this issue, or else pinpoint to a solution .

So This is definitely a Teamspeak Problem. I have uninstalled and reinstalled teamspeak and still screensaver is not working while Teamspeak is running.. even if I'm not connected to a server in teamspeak the screensaver won't work as long as teamspeak is running. the minute I close out teamspeak the screensaver works again. I would really like this issue resolved if possible

It would be really nice If one of the Teamspeak fourm moderators answered my post.. You guys say you don't want us to privately message you and to post on the fourm... So here I am posting on the fourm and no response... I posted on the 12th it is now the 16th I would really appreciate a response.. As i hate to have to close Teamspeak out so that my power management kicks in....
    Last edited by J3llyB3an; December 16th, 2012 at 09:25 PM.

I have install windows 8 from Scratch, with all new Windows 8 Drivers, same problem... I know it's a teamspeak related problem, like I mention before, as soon teamspeak is close, screensaver is back working. I hope you guys can find something, and also if you need assistance with the troubleshooting, I wailing to test it out for you guys. I'm an IT guy so this could be handy.."!!

thanks,

What else is there to say, other than that we tried to reproduce this like 100 times by now, on all sorts of machines and it always worked flawlessly? We tried it on every machine that's available and not a single machine showed this behavior.
    There were no changes for over a year that could possibly mess with the power management according to our developers. The only explanation we have is that it's some kind of mismatch with some other software out there...

my problem as been fixed, I usually install, my mainboard drivers, videocard drivers, chipset drivers, soundcard drivers, etc.... some of them always been windows default drivers. I used Uniblue Driver Scanner 2013, it updated some drivers like Intel(r) 82801 PCI B, High Precision event , couple drivers like this, and now, everything is working.

So far I can't tell wich one is the driver that needs to be updated, but I can just recommanded to use Uniblue driver Scanner 2013 to fix the problem, I'll test it out later on, and post the driver that needs to be changed.

TS blocks display from turning off when idle.

Seems it that my installation of TS3 x64 is preventing my display from turning off. I've ruled out everything else in my startup list. If I run TS and wait, the display never turns off. If I exit TS and wait, it will turn off. I'm going to try reinstalling the program next, but I wanted to check if anybody else was having the same problem.

I'm running 3.0.9.2 x64 with Win7 Ultimate x64.

Am I missing information? I also use a NVIDIA GTX 670 with driver v. 314.07.
    Last edited by Chris; March 4th, 2013 at 03:21 PM.

I'm also having the problem. I have Windows 7 and TS 3.0.10.1

None of my windows screensavers will activate when TS is running. It is not connected to any server.

bump for this thread. I have the same problem. Tried reinstalling a fresh copy, still blocks the screensaver from activating.

Any update for a fix for this?

They claim they cant duplicate it, and take no responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by budguy21 View Post
    They claim they cant duplicate it, and take no responsibility.
    I know, I read the thread. Just wondering if anyone figured out a way to fix it. It is rather annoying.

Hi all, has anyone managed to find a fix for this? If not, I think I've found a solution which works for me . I run Teamspeak 3.0.10.1 on Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit and this problem was annoying me for some time.

solution?

Quote Originally Posted by fsxfaulder View Post
    Hi all, has anyone managed to find a fix for this? If not, I think I've found a solution which works for me . I run Teamspeak 3.0.10.1 on Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit and this problem was annoying me for some time.
    Ok, we'd love to hear what you came up with....?

Thread Information