Forum

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I've been able to fix this problem for my friend. At me everything worked fine. In your C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Roaming\TS3Client\ directory, there is a file named settings.db. I've sent my file to my friend and after that everything was fine.

We've checked the content of this SQLite DB file and we've found that the table structure is absolutely different. It might fix the problem for you if you delete the file or the whole directory and reinstall Teamspeak 3.

It's worth a try. It worked for my friend

Quote Originally Posted by budguy21 View Post
    Ok, we'd love to hear what you came up with....?

Hi,
    Sorry about the delay - I'd assumed I'd be notified if anything happened.
    I'd love to tell you what I came up with however I can't actually remember what I did and, somewhat awkwardly, it's stopped working again. I believe I may have changed a few things in the settings but can't quite find what. I'll keep playing about with it anyway.

TS interrupts the windows idle timer continually

This is exactly the same bug as reported before by several people. Whenever TS is loaded my monitors never sleep. This both wastes electricity and in the height of summer adds needless heat to the room.

I wrote a script to identify whats going on with the idle timer and it messes with that too, resetting it to zero whenever teamspeak is loaded (irrespective of what else I have open on my desktop, loaded or freshly rebooted, no change) yet the script continues correctly and my monitors sleep as expected as soon as teamspeak is unloaded.

My system is reasonably up to date being an ivy bridge build with an i5-3570k. 16GB ram with a HD6950 2GB card under win7 x64 and my Teamspeak version is 3.0.10.1.

I can no longer use older versions of TS which worked fine and didnt have this idle timer bug since my outfit has updated their Teamspeak server. Will the Teamspeak development team take ownership of this bug?

Thank you.

Thread was merged. Please do not reopen a second Thread for this.
    As said we are out of ideas, how you can reproduce it.

Mad Ad,
    could you send me your client settings.db in a private message?
    (Only bookmarks, settings, contacts etc. are saved here. Idenities and passwords are stored in ts3clientui_qt.secrets.conf)

The configuration is stored under
    Code:
    C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\config
    or
    %appdata%\TS3Client
    Is the client minimized or is it in foreground or in background when leave the computer alone?
    And are you talking meanwhile?
    Are you muted or away only.
    What soundcard do you use? (in case of a realtek card make sure it's the latest driver R2.71)
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Thread was merged. Please do not reopen a second Thread for this.
    As said we are out of ideas, how you can reproduce it.

Mad Ad,
    could you send me your client settings.db in a private message?
    (Only bookmarks, settings, contacts etc. are saved here. Idenities and passwords are stored in ts3clientui_qt.secrets.conf)

The configuration is stored under
    Code:
    C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\config
    or
    %appdata%\TS3Client
    Is the client minimized or is it in foreground or in background when leave the computer alone?
    And are you talking meanwhile?
    Are you muted or away only.
    What soundcard do you use? (in case of a realtek card make sure it's the latest driver R2.71)

Thank you for taking a look at this dante696.

1) How do I send my .db in a private message? I have located and read it but dont see any paperclip option in the private message options and it wont drag drop. I see the paperclip appear in the thread reply options but not private message. Do you mean to read it in notepad and copy the table as text?

2) I have tested this multiple times over the year. Minimised, maximised, foreground background several fresh instals and now its a used instal, all the same. I have just again run it though a quick set of max/min/tray tests watching the idle timer with my script and the results are still the same, all modes create the problem.

3) I am not talking or using the pc in any way. I decided to try again here because I forgot it was on yesterday while afk and the monitors burned away for 12 hours in the blistering heat.

4) This happens in all modes and I dont even have to be connected to a server, just opening TS without connecing, muting or anything. Just clicking the TS shortcut and doing nothing else is sufficient to stop all sleep.

5) Soundcard is an Asus Xonar D2/PM with its most recent 7.12.8.1794 drivers. It is the same soundcard as I used TS on perfectly up until the newer TS versions started causing this problem.

Check your private message.
    I try to reproduce it with your configuration, but can not promise anything.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

replied with .db, thanks again.

I could not reproduce this with your configuration. Sorry.
    Mad Ad - Does this happen to you, when you just start teamspeak (without beeing conencted before)?
    Could unplug please all usb soundcards (if there are some)

http://superuser.com/questions/55808...r-from-running

I could not reproduce this with your configuration. Sorry.
    Mad Ad - Does this happen to you, when you just start teamspeak (without beeing conencted before)?
    Could unplug please all usb soundcards (if there are some)

http://superuser.com/questions/55808...r-from-running

It happens at all times in all configurations, when just opened and not connected, when in use in a channel, or when idle for hours after use. No monitor sleep and windows idle timer resetting constantly.

I have no USB sound cards, my only USB items are dumb controllers (mice,kb,game controllers) and 2 hubs. My PC is in use daily for several hours and spends almost all of its time powered on with a reboot every 3-7 days so monitors sleeping is very important to me.

My monitors sleep normally at all other times, 24/7, nothing ever stops it from sleeping over the past 1 year. I would notice as its my daily use work, gaming and HTPC in my home. The only thing in the past year interrupting my monitor sleeping is when TS is loaded.

I have tested after fresh reboots, I tested after reinstalling the OS with only hardware drivers loaded. Ive reinstalled TS more times than I can remember and am at a complete loss, even with all my technical knowledge I cant think of why TS needs to reset windows idle timer, or how its doing it.

EUREKA!!

I have found where the bad interaction lays. Sadly its still an error involving Teamspeak meaning a solution needs to come from you guys, however I now know which are the two problem devices.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	logitech-extreme-3d-pro-joystick-medium_a38f4a83548963ddf38b98bd8ca3d89a.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	8566 + Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TeamSpeak_Logo.png 
Views:	59 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	8567

I was intrigued to test my USB devices after your last reply dante696 so I disconnected them all and rebooted the PC with only a legacy PS2 mouse connected, enough to load TS and my WIT (Windows Idle Timer) monitor script. Result, no problems!!! Monitors sleep normally.

I then one by one reconnected my devices and found when both the Logitech 3d Pro Joystick and Teamspeak were connected and enabled, the WIT is repeatedly zeroed out within 15ms or so.

I checked this again by once more unloading all USB devices, rebooting the PC, connecting only the Joystick and legacy PS2 mouse and opening TS. Result, WIT still being zeroed out. I also checked for any change between USB2 vs USB3, no difference, Joystick+TS together still break the WIT. I also removed the LGS joystick control software, no difference, Joystick + TS together still break the WIT.

Just to clarify

If Joystick and no TS. No problems.
    If TS and no joystick. No problems.
    If joystick and TS loaded. WIT zeros out and monitors wont sleep.

The Logitech 3d Pro is an incredibly popular device and given that TS used to work correctly with this same joystick up to the win64-3.0.0-beta36 version, I will hazard a guess that your programmers have switched to using some shared resource, interrupt or other system that the joystick relies on.

Sooo my new question is, will it be possible to identify the shared resource or clash and fix TS to work with what is an incredibly popular joystick? Looking at the forum search I see users reporting different difficult interactions with TS vs their own game controllers. I guess this is just one more of them.

NOTE: It is NOT an option for me to simply disconnect the joystick since it is used in both gaming and application use. Asking me to disconnect the joystick would be the same as asking me to close teamspeak every time I walk away from the PC.

Thank you for persevering with me over this issue. I look forward to your reply.
    Last edited by Mad Ad; July 18th, 2013 at 03:14 PM.

Ok i can reproduce that with my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro and Default enabled under Hotkeys.
    The problem is, that these joysticks from Logitech are to old and do not support XInput.
    I bought my jostick, when XP was the current operation system and they still sell that joystick without XInput support.

There are only 3 workarounds:
    1. Unplug such old devices
    2. Go into Settings > Options > Hotkeys and then set Direct Input instead (Default)
    Windows will remove Direct Input and we can not say whe nthis will happen. There will be a day, when we also have to remove Direct Input support.
    3. Find a driver for that Joystick/Gamepad with Xinput support.

I mark this thread as resolved
    There is nothing we can do here
    Last edited by dante696; July 19th, 2013 at 09:10 AM.

Ok i can reproduce that with my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro and Default enabled under Hotkeys.
    The problem is, that these joysticks from Logitech are to old and do not support XInput.
    I bought my jostick, when XP was the current operation system and they still sell that joystick without XInput support.

There are only 3 workarounds:
    1. Unplug such old devices
    2. Go into Settings > Options > Hotkeys and then set Direct Input instead (Default)
    Windows will remove Direct Input and we can not say whe nthis will happen. There will be a day, when we also have to remove Direct Input support.
    3. Find a driver for that Joystick/Gamepad with Xinput support.

I mark this thread as resolved
    There is nothing we can do here
    Some points to address here.

1) You marked the thread as [no bug] which is incorrect. Why are you guys in such a rush to disown user problems here? Its like you need to convince everyone your product is squeaky clean when it has existing bugs such as this one.

2) Its not an old device, logitech still advertise and sell the same stick today, check their website, buy one. They have made hardware revisions since XP and while it may not support Xinput, it is still a current device (and a very popular one) and TS should support its being plugged into the system.

3) teamspeak worked fine with it up to win64-3.0.0-beta36 version, what changed?

4) I have changed to directinput and it appears to be fine (but ive not tested more than the WIT at time of writing), thank you for that advice. Will that have any knock on problems in using TS? However as you mention directinput will go away at some point and this bug will rear its head again. Its not gone away, its just mitigated for now.

5) Show me a joystick with as many buttons as the 3D Pro and I will happily move over, fact is there is not and yes I use every button in some applications. There is no replacement device I can use without also losing functionality.

6) As a valid hardware device you need to be the ones working exceptions into your product. Telling a user to change their hardware/driver to suit your products design parameters isnt a professional way to deal with a bug.
    Last edited by Mad Ad; July 19th, 2013 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Ad View Post
    1) You marked the thread as [no bug] which is incorrect. Why are you guys in such a rush to disown user problems here? Its like you need to convince everyone your product is squeaky clean when it has existing bugs such as this one.
    You are correct in that there is an issue here, however it is not a bug with TeamSpeak, it is a hardware / driver bug on Logitech's end since their stuff doesn't work correctly with current specifications and recommendations by Microsoft. As noted above Microsoft will remove support for DirectInput at which point TeamSpeak will continue to work correctly, however the hardware in question will not.
    We do not claim there are no Bugs, every software has them and will always have them. All we are saying is that this one is simply not our bug.

2) Its not an old device, logitech still advertise and sell the same stick today, check their website, buy one. They have made hardware revisions since XP and while it may not support Xinput, it is still a current device (and a very popular one) and TS should support its being plugged into the system.
    While this may be true, that is not our problem, nor our responsibility. We still support legacy DirectInput and you are free to use it for as long as it is around, which will work around the issue, but eventually Microsoft will discard DirectInput at which point the joystick will stop working unless Logitech updates their drivers. It is Logitechs fault for not supporting new Input mechanisms.

3) teamspeak worked fine with it up to win64-3.0.0-beta36 version, what changed?
    We upgraded our software to use the new recommended input solution by Microsoft and consequently made that the default since DirectInput is deprecated and will be gone at some point in time.

4) I have changed to directinput and it appears to be fine (but ive not tested more than the WIT at time of writing), thank you for that advice. Will that have any knock on problems in using TS? However as you mention directinput will go away at some point and this bug will rear its head again. Its not gone away, its just mitigated for now.
    I don't currently know of any ill effects with using DirectInput, which doesn't necessarily mean there aren't any.

5) Show me a joystick with as many buttons as the 3D Pro and I will happily move over, fact is there is not and yes I use every button in some applications. There is no replacement device I can use without also losing functionality.
    Frankly that is not our responsibility, nor an issue that needs to concern us.

6) As a valid hardware device you need to be the ones working exceptions into your product. Telling a user to change their hardware/driver to suit your products design parameters isnt a professional way to deal with a bug.
    As mentioned above, this is not our bug, we do things the way Microsoft recommends them to be done, it's Logitech that doesn't. And quite frankly, it is not our responsibility to fix other peoples bugs. It may be easier for you to blame us instead of Logitech who are selling decade old hardware as new without updating the drivers to support current input mechanics, but that is like blaming a car manufacturer when in the future there is no more fuel. They knew it was going to go away when they created the car but chose to use it anyway.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

slerep mode is disable by teamspeak

when i let teamspeak running and i went away it never go to sleep,, i need this to be working properly
    Last edited by dante696; August 5th, 2013 at 07:21 AM. Reason: post was moved

I also have this problem since the new version of TeamSpeak. NOT BEFORE.

I don't have a Logitech joystick. However, I do have the Logitech Gaming Software installed for my Headphones/Keyboard.

PS. It doesn't happen 100% of the time...

Thread Information