Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Solved I don't have permission to Modify Channel Sort order

I've not had this teamspeak long, maybe a week and I can't Modify Channel Sort Order. When I try and move a channel it says "insufficient client permissions (failed on b_channel_modify_sortorder)"

Then when I go and edit the Modify Channel Sort Order Permission It is greyed out and when I try and change that it says "insufficient permission modify power"

I checked all the powers I could find and as far as I could tell I have 75 on everything important (This is the admin account you get when you activate the teamspeak)

This is my modify page

I don't know what build TS3 this is but I presume it's the latest and i'm running windows 7 professional 64bit

There are many threads about ""insufficient permission modify power"
    You have to add the Grant value behind that permission with your Query Login (Only possible, when you have the password for the Serveradmin loginname)

Putty how to:
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...522#post301522

This command explains how you or the hoster can add the grant valufe of 75 for this permission to the server admin with group id 6.
    Code:
    servergroupaddperm sgid=6 permsid=i_needed_modify_power_channel_modify_sortorder permvalue=75 permnegated=0 permskip=0
    You should be able to add/remove the permission b_channel_modify_sortorder after that.

Reminder for your Admin Group: Never remove the grant value, from any permission, if it is planned to Add/Remove/Modify that permission.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thanks! I tried that and when putting in that command I get "error id=1024 msg=invalid\sserverID" I'm guessing I did something wrong?

You got to select the Server you want to use the command on first...
    Code:
    use port=<Port used for Connecting with the Ts3 Client>
    Also check the number in parentheses behind Server Admin in the Server Groups Dialog (Permissions -> Servergroups) if it is not 6 you will have to adjust the command provided by dante. (sgid=6 needs to become sgid=<WHATever Number your ServerAdmin Group has>)

When setting the port using "port=17007" I get "error id=256 msg=command\snot\sfound"
    When setting the port with "use port=17007" I get "error id=0 msg=ok" (i checked both because I'm useless and was unsure if I was supposed to add the word use)

Gosh i'm useless at this..

yes you are supposed to type the "use" as thats the actual command.. the "port" stuff is just a parameter for the use command...
    "error id=0 msg=ok" is just a way to say "Success, everything went fine"
    after you entered use port=17007 you can use the command provided by dante (with the change I mentioned if necessary).

Okay now i'm getting "error id=2568 msg=insufficient\sclient\spermissions failed_permid=17307" When using Dante's command

Are you sure ,that you use the "Serveradmin" loginname?
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

I have no idea, i'm completely new to this if you haven't guessed. where abouts do I use it and what is it?

These command should be used, to get that permission back. (full example for the serveradmin group id=6)
    Code:
    login serveradmin yourpasswordhere
    use port=XXXX
    servergroupaddperm sgid=6 permsid=i_needed_modify_power_channel_modify_sortorder permvalue=75 permnegated=0 permskip=0
    It is important, that you use the serveradmin as login name. This login detail was given, when the server instance was started the first time.

Putty how to:
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...522#post301522
    Last edited by dante696; August 23rd, 2012 at 09:27 AM.

I'm sorry but I have no idea what my serveradmin Login name and my pasword are, Thanks for the help but I'll stop bothering you guys now haha

I guess your server is hosted from soneone else? A company maybe?
    In that case please contact that provider.

Or use this thread to change the login password, when you have access to the whole machine.
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...light=password

Yeah I have it hosted at multiplay (I feel absurdly stupid for thinking it wasn't important to mention that)

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    (Only possible, when you have the password for the Serveradmin loginname)
    This is my reason, why i wrote this. You can not add something , you don't have. The Query does the same as you client does. But you need permission to do that.

I mark this thread as resolved.

Not without asking your hoster, to add the permission for you.
    You need someone , who has "the grant" value behind that permission.

and at this moment only the serveradmin query seems to have it.

Thread Information