Forum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I suspect that as my questions have been merged into this thread that they have no chance of being answered now.

TS3 Bandwitch Usage

hi all,

i'm thinking about taking a VPS to host my teamspeak 3 server but the problem is that i don't know how much GB i need for that.

We are about 30 members connected about 12 hours a day (i'm overcounting)

Is there someone who can explain how to calculate the needed bandwitch?
    Do you know some low cost VPS hosting in Italy area? (something like Germany, France, Spain)

Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by franchino87 View Post
    hi all,

i'm thinking about taking a VPS to host my teamspeak 3 server but the problem is that i don't know how much GB i need for that.

We are about 30 members connected about 12 hours a day (i'm overcounting)

Is there someone who can explain how to calculate the needed bandwitch?
    Do you know some low cost VPS hosting in Italy area? (something like Germany, France, Spain)

Thanks
    It seems to be the Virtual server L be enough for you... You may choose something cheaper like this, but I use XL packet and everyone has been thankful https://www.1and1.com/vps-hosting

Quote Originally Posted by pro_redi View Post
    It seems to be the Virtual server L be enough for you... You may choose something cheaper like this, but I use XL packet and everyone has been thankful https://www.1and1.com/vps-hosting
    thanks for reply, i'm thinking about this:

VZ3
    CPU = 1 Core
    RAM = 384MB
    VSwap = 384MB
    Hard Disk = 12GB
    IP addresses = 1 IPv4, 2 IPv6
    Dedicated internet bandwidth = 2000 GB
    OS = Linux Distribution (debian or centos)
    Control Panel = SolusVM
    Virtualization = OpenVZ
    Type = Unmanaged

For a total of 30 annualy

could it fix my necessity? the only thing different from the configuration you told me is the Ram!

Ram is not so important - is useful only when the database are made big changes. Search for hosting with unlimited trafic. in my opinion - my offer is better because it has unlimited traffic. About The "high-speed bandwidth" start to think only when you will have a lot of people. For you begining 100 Mbit traffic without forced throttling will be sufficient

But his offer is at 30 euros per year, yours is per month. That's a big difference.
    I have a daily peak of around 100 users on my servers. This results in bandwidth of 300 GB/month. Unless all your 30 people are in the same channel for long periods, you will never reach 2TB bandwidth.

If you still need to register an NPL, you now need a domain and matching e-mail. If you don't have that yet, there are also cheap plans with that, but they might require you to set up an e-mail server on your server or redirect it to Gmail via MX. Here in Germany, VPS plans with a (.de) domain are available for 2 euros per month.

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    But his offer is at 30 euros per year, yours is per month. That's a big difference.
    I have a daily peak of around 100 users on my servers. This results in bandwidth of 300 GB/month. Unless all your 30 people are in the same channel for long periods, you will never reach 2TB bandwidth.

If you still need to register an NPL, you now need a domain and matching e-mail. If you don't have that yet, there are also cheap plans with that, but they might require you to set up an e-mail server on your server or redirect it to Gmail via MX. Here in Germany, VPS plans with a (.de) domain are available for 2 euros per month.
    thanks for the reply

i already have an NPL license cause now i'm in a friend's VPS, so it could be enough something like this:
    VZ1 (3 Available)
    CPU 1 Core
    RAM 192MB
    VSwap 192MB
    Hard Disk 8GB
    IP addresses 1 IPv4, 2 IPv6
    Dedicated internet bandwidth 512 GB
    OS Linux Distribution (debian or centos)
    Control Panel SolusVM
    Virtualization OpenVZ Type

For a total of 15 annualy

i found this awesome price thanks to ServerBear (if i can i'll link it later)

That one will do if you only plan to use TS3.

I'm not sure if using the same NPL on more than one server is OK...

Question hello new here

i play a FB game and am owner admin of a group for it i would like to host teamspeak on my personal computer so i dont have to pay to have it done so people in the group can chat wile playing .. my computer is always on so thats good right? my question is this how much bandwidth (internet speed) do i need to host it and 2 can i lock it down to were only people i want can enter the chat AKA i dont want someone from the group giving logon info and everyone under the sun using it i just want it for the people that want to use it from MY group

i hope that mad sense

How bigs the group ? TS3 does not use much bw at all, so if you have good net you can pull it off.

Maybe there is a bot for what you want to do ? Id just give defaul users no voice and create a game group too. No point in joining if you cant speak.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

currently the group has 139 members and still growing i have 3MB internet speed though comcast in the Chicago land area but if need be i can upgrade my main point is to give my group extra bonus those that would like to voice chat will be able to FYI i have never used anything like this before so dont now much about it at all

Quote Originally Posted by FCVPI99 View Post
    currently the group has 139 members and still growing i have 3MB internet speed though comcast in the Chicago land area but if need be i can upgrade my main point is to give my group extra bonus those that would like to voice chat will be able to FYI i have never used anything like this before so dont now much about it at all
    See post #10, it's unlikely you will be hosting a server for 100+ people.

you never know .... anyone know anything about part 2 of the question??? how can i lock it so i have to approve all users type of thing??

140 members (if they are all online) I would go for 10Mbit at least.

My server now peaks at 90 people and reaches around 5Mbit average but all rooms have Opus Voice quality 10. So with ldefault codec it would go at about 3mbit.

ok so i upgraded to 25 mb ... now this is my problem i am running server .. when i installed windows firewall popped up and i click allow team speak .. yet people still cant connect (i followed the server set up Tutorial) what could be the problem??

i have resolved the problem
    Last edited by Chris; April 30th, 2013 at 01:54 PM.

Thread Information