Forum

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed View Post
    oky my bad didn't explain it well :P

first suggestion i meant a pre-made icons/groups by server admin so user can choose from the icons/groups i set for my server
    just like the !playing trigger

Icons/groups premade by admin or in rbmod config
    I can certanley make an rbm_games.cf and let the administrator stack the list with game tags tied to icon checksums. (I had this in mind while developing the feature, I figured this might come up
    anno 1404 = 012345678
    anno 2070 = 123456789
    etc.

The icon/group will stay until the user remove it with another command
    This is basically implemented with the current game list, a new list would search for current game groups, so that's not a problem either.

The user can add up to X number of games/icons
    This part I specifically wrote to prevent duplications from occurring, how many people play games simultaneously on the same workstation? If it's now a means of representing what games they play ALL the time, I guess I could try and work in a variable or two to allow more than one game group < than a limit. But this would come after making the 1st inquiry you had in mind, I'll get the dynamics in place for editable game lists / icons tied to each, then step through #2 and #3 after. I understand people like their games, and this feature might become something greater than I had in mind, I'm more than happy to expand upon it now that it's in place. After all, it's what the community exercises the most that appeals to me, whether or not I game anymore (46" / custom liquid cooled rig used for code more or less now...) doesn't really concern me, and since I've requested an easier method in obtaining a current clients running application / game to no avail here, I'm happy I could manipulate an alternative to this particular request for game icons. Credits go to my TS3 server Moderator Auzarius for originally coming to me with the game !trigger idea. I always like automating as much as possible, but if a trigger gets the job done, then so be it..

rbmod.presension.com (184.70.226.67)
    Benchmark: A precise method of measuring a computer's ability to do things which nobody in their right mind would ever want to do.
    - M.

yeah a !trigger by users better than automated system(less system load) or admin to do it manually(less bother)

I'm going to test this mod as it has more and more neat features. Any optimization to do besides de install instructions?

Quote Originally Posted by barricas View Post
    I'm going to test this mod as it has more and more neat features. Any optimization to do besides de install instructions?
    Nope, there's no third party modules required (Just a Perl interpreter such as ActiveState Perl or Strawberry Perl) to run under Windows. Most of your optimizations will be under the rbm_settings.cf, there's enough to play with there. You can look through the other customizable *.cf files at the root and under rbm_extras/ as well if you feel like changing the MOTD, or adding / subtracting from the badwords / quotes / random words etc..

Keep in mind, the only feature in RbMod that may use a few TS3 server cycles will be the Traffic Meter. Hence the reason I've disabled it for first time use.
    Hardware: The parts of a computer system that can be kicked.
    - M.

Thanks. Thats already handful info.
    Actually my test server is on windows (VM) but my main one is on linux.
    Anyway I can just create a virtual server on my main just to test it so I don't need to install perl interpreter on windows.

Question

I'm having problems starting this script. After it creates the 6 group (guest and the OS ones) it exit with this error. Seems like he's trying to use a wrong GID (1?) in the last step, dunno why. The groups are all created fine, I can see them with the client.

Code:
    Sunday 7:14:50 AM       OK      - Group Creator         - Copied Guest Group Rb\sGuest with ID: 8 To New Group ID: 226
    Sunday 7:14:51 AM       LOAD    - Group Creator         - Checking Rb 'Groups' on your TS3 server...
    Sunday 7:14:51 AM       ERROR   - Group Creator         - FAILED creating temporary GroupID: 1!
    Last edited by matrixino; January 6th, 2013 at 02:04 PM.

Sorry for the late response (My mail server's not receiving thread notifications from teamspeak for some reason), try renaming RbMods guest name to something other than Guest, or the TS3 guest group, if both are using the same name I think this glitches up in version 2.9.

If it persists, please come to my TS3 server or perhaps send me a larger version of the log file, so I can see the events leading up to this error a little better.

Operator: Person employed to slow down the computer to a manageable speed.
    - M.

Quote Originally Posted by Scor9ioN View Post
    Sorry for the late response (My mail server's not receiving thread notifications from teamspeak for some reason), try renaming RbMods guest name to something other than Guest, or the TS3 guest group, if both are using the same name I think this glitches up in version 2.9.

If it persists, please come to my TS3 server or perhaps send me a larger version of the log file, so I can see the events leading up to this error a little better.
    I already tried to change the guest group name in config, also my TS guest group isn't "Guest", it is already renamed to something else. The full log is this:
    Code:
    Sunday 7:14:46 AM       INFO    - System                - Detected Linux Operating System.
    Sunday 7:14:46 AM       LOAD    - Logs Creator          - Creating Log File...  
    Sunday 7:14:46 AM       OK      - Logs Creator          - rbm_logs/rbmod_1357452886_Sunday_7.14.46_AM.log Created.
    Sunday 7:14:46 AM       LOAD    - Config Files          - Checking Configuration Files...
    Sunday 7:14:46 AM       OK      - Config Files          - Loaded 117 rows from rbm_settings.cf.
    Sunday 7:14:46 AM       OK      - Config Files          - Loaded 146 rows from rbm_extras/rbm_funwords.cf.
    Sunday 7:14:46 AM       OK      - Config Files          - Loaded 445 rows from rbm_extras/rbm_badwords.cf.
    Sunday 7:14:46 AM       OK      - Config Files          - Loaded 13 rows from rbm_extras/rbm_botresponses.cf.
    Sunday 7:14:46 AM       OK      - Config Files          - Loaded 243 rows from rbm_extras/rbm_quotes.cf.
    Sunday 7:14:46 AM       DONE    - Config Files          - Configuration Files Loaded.
    Sunday 7:14:47 AM       INFO    - WebSocket             - TCP socket2 connected with DBID: 1
    Sunday 7:14:47 AM       LOAD    - Logs Cleaner          - Stagnant Log Cleaner...
    Sunday 7:14:47 AM       OK      - Logs Cleaner          - Nothing to cleanup.   
    Sunday 7:14:47 AM       OK      - Config Files          - Loaded 117 rows from rbm_settings.cf.
    Sunday 7:14:47 AM       LOAD    - Socket                - Connecting to Query Socket...
    Sunday 7:14:47 AM       OK      - Socket                - Controllore Socket Connected Successfully to 127.0.0.1 (10011)
    Sunday 7:14:48 AM       LOAD    - Group Cleaner         - Launching dormant RbMod group cleaner...
    Sunday 7:14:48 AM       INFO    - Group Cleaner         - Attempting to cleanup 114 old RbM groups...
    Sunday 7:14:48 AM       INFO    - Group Cleaner         - Estimated Time Remaining:  28 seconds...
    Sunday 7:14:48 AM       OK      - Group Cleaner         - Removed temporary GroupID: 221 - Rb
    Sunday 7:14:48 AM       OK      - Group Cleaner         - Removed temporary GroupID: 222 - Rb
    Sunday 7:14:48 AM       OK      - Group Cleaner         - Removed temporary GroupID: 223 - Rb
    Sunday 7:14:48 AM       OK      - Group Cleaner         - Removed temporary GroupID: 224 - Rb
    Sunday 7:14:48 AM       OK      - Group Cleaner         - Removed temporary GroupID: 225 - Rb
    Sunday 7:14:48 AM       OK      - Group Cleaner         - Finished cleaning 5 dormant RbMod groups.
    Sunday 7:14:49 AM       OK      - TS3 Query             - Serverquery Flood Commands: 500
    Sunday 7:14:49 AM       OK      - TS3 Query             - Serverquery Flood Time: 2
    Sunday 7:14:50 AM       OK      - Group Creator         - Copied Guest Group Rb\sGuest with ID: 8 To New Group ID: 226
    Sunday 7:14:51 AM       LOAD    - Group Creator         - Checking Rb 'Groups' on your TS3 server...
    Sunday 7:14:51 AM       ERROR   - Group Creator         - FAILED creating temporary GroupID: 1!
    Sunday 7:14:51 AM       INFO    - DISCONNECT            - Dropping socket connection!
    Sunday 7:14:51 AM       INFO    - SHUTDOWN              - Good Bye.             
    Killed
    In TS the 6 groups are created, including the guest copy and that GID is correct (226). But then I don't know why it search for GID 1.

I updated ./rbm_packages/rbm_parent.pm HERE, see if this helps any. I basically remarked the error control you see choking the program.

Guru: A computer owner who can read the manual.
    - M.
    Last edited by Scor9ioN; January 6th, 2013 at 07:36 PM.

It works now. However is there a way to disable the [Country - Code] suffix in nicknames?

Yes in version 3.0 there will be an option to disable or set the time the Country name resides next to ones name for the Status feature under rbm_settings.cf. Currently you have to wait 60 seconds in version 2.9 before it disappears.

Version 3.0 might be a few more weeks or so, I'm cleaning up excess groups (replicated trace groups / autofill groups etc. that remain static for the most part) and including a few more features.
    Prototype: First stage in the life cycle of a computer product, followed by pre-alpha, alpha, beta, release version, corrected release version, upgrade, corrected upgrade, etc. Unlike its successors, the prototype is not expected to work.
    - M.

Thanks for your fast reply. Just a last question: what are exactly all the Country-Number groups that are being created? From what I get they are for tracking the Idle/Live/AFK status. So I need to have one group for each user i guess. Just wondering because I have over 100 users and it's adding a lot of groups lol :P

Edit: Just noticed this error in console:
    Code:
    Use of uninitialized value $DBID in hash element at rbm_packages/rbm_parent.pm line 1617.
    Use of uninitialized value $DBID in hash element at rbm_packages/rbm_parent.pm line 1617.
    Use of uninitialized value $DBID in hash element at rbm_packages/rbm_parent.pm line 1617, <$FFCLList> line 1.

Yes, exactly what I was referring to above. I'm taking all the groups which represent say 14 hops for the Traceroute 'feature', and creating / destroying them as needed dynamically, and adding multiple clients to each now in version 3.0, I was going to skip the Status feature, as people will receive verbose messages from the TS3 server stating they were added / subtracted to a group when ever they go idle or afk and back. But I think it's worth it if it eliminates 97 groups from 100 right? Let me know what you think.

Currently on my Public Inn server I'm testing this with the Traceroute / Auto-Fill groups. I'll work on the Status next and the ranks.
    Password: A system of computer security in which a secret number or codeword is assigned to each user on a system. These passwords are then written out and placed on each terminal in case a user forgets theirs.
    - M.
    Last edited by Scor9ioN; January 6th, 2013 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scor9ioN View Post
    Yes, exactly what I was referring to above. I'm taking all the groups which represent say 14 hops for the Traceroute 'feature', and creating / destroying them as needed dynamically, and adding multiple clients to each now in version 3.0, I was going to skip the Status feature, as people will receive verbose messages from the TS3 server stating they were added / subtracted to a group when ever they go idle or afk and back. But I think it's worth it if it eliminates 97 groups from 100 right? Let me know what you think.
    Unfortunately seems like keeping all those group changing things is killing my TS, I get very high lag. I had to disable everything except the AutoDelete channel and RBL check function (as they were the real reason to have it for me). But I will be happy to test the new 3.0 system when it's out.

Just another bug report: If i disable logging in config i get "Can't use an undefined value as a symbol reference at rbm_packages/rbm_parent.pm line 67." when trying to start rbmod.pl.
    Also check the errors i added to my previous post if they are useful to you to fix something else (i'm not getting them anymore with all the things disabled).

In the beginning you may experience all the icons downloading as they're called upon with say, the traffic meter or any of the many icons RbMod uses to represent different statistics. Unfortunately changing group names and what not generate bandwidth in and out of the ts3 server, and a little ts3 server load depending on client load, which I myself find frustrating developing the next feature I had in mind for example. Using icons which cache client-side eventually, seems to be the smoothest means of updating any group as far as I can tell. The 'Client Icon' slot seems to be the quickest of all when it comes to changing icons repeatedly, also the reason I chose it for the Traffic Meter.

Playing with 'Query_Limit' and Debug On to watch traffic between the Mod and the TS3 server socket, will give you some control on how often the Mod polls every second for a <set number> of clients, which is the majority of traffic between the Mod and your server, and effectively the load & bandwidth it takes to produce each result through which ever feature it may be for every individual client connected.

Fixed the $DBID error in version 3.0 a little while ago but just corrected 2.9 online now.
    Fixed the a value trying to initialize for logging while set to off.

Password: A system of computer security in which a secret number or codeword is assigned to each user on a system. These passwords are then written out and placed on each terminal in case a user forgets theirs.
    - M.
    Last edited by Scor9ioN; January 6th, 2013 at 10:17 PM.

Thread Information