Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Just another (maybe) bug report: The rb guest group created doesn't have any i_group_needed_member_add_power set, anyone can add users to this group.

All the guest group permissions are replicated from your servers original guest group. If you never had it set, just set it for the mods next replication @ bootup.
    rbmod.presension.com (184.70.226.67)
    Crash: What a detached programmer would dearly love to do, for at least eight hours.
    - M.
    Last edited by Scor9ioN; January 7th, 2013 at 01:24 AM.

What causes this error when trying to start your program?

Can't use an undefined value as a SCALAR reference at rbm_packages/rbm_parent.pm line 448, <GEN0> line 1.

Quote Originally Posted by david522 View Post
    What causes this error when trying to start your program?

Can't use an undefined value as a SCALAR reference at rbm_packages/rbm_parent.pm line 448, <GEN0> line 1.
    If the Mod's login credentials don't include the 'serverinfo' permission, this error will arise.

Either set the permission on the TS3 account, or try hard setting the existing guest groupID under rbm_settings.cf -> Default_Guest_Group_ID = <ID> ..From the 'default' setting - which requires the 'serverinfo' permission to look-up the existing guest group ID.

Let me know how that goes for you.

Version 3.0 (Unreleased) TS3 Server:
    Priority: A statement of the importance of a user or a program. Often expressed as a relative priority, indicating that the user doesn't care when the work is completed so long as he is treated less badly than someone else.
    - M.
    Last edited by Scor9ioN; January 9th, 2013 at 10:00 PM.

Ok fixed that, now the following comes out.

Can't use an undefined value as a SCALAR reference at rbm_packages/rbm_parent.pm line 1336, <GEN0> line 1.

I also gave it the Server Query Admin Account login info in the config file
    Last edited by david522; January 9th, 2013 at 10:17 PM.

Ok fixed that, now the following comes out.

Can't use an undefined value as a SCALAR reference at rbm_packages/rbm_parent.pm line 1336, <GEN0> line 1.

I also gave it the Server Query Admin Account login info in the config file
    If you refer to the first page in this thread, I list all the permissions required for the Mod to run smoothly.
    Here they are again:

sendtextmessage
    banadd
    notify_register
    instanceedit
    serveredit
    serverinfo
    servergrouplist
    servergroupadd
    servergroupdel
    servergroupcopy
    servergroupaddperm
    servergroupaddclient
    servergroupdelclient
    servergrouprename
    channellist
    channeldelete
    channeladdperm
    clientlist
    clientinfo
    clientmove
    clientkick
    clientaddperm
    clientdelperm

whoami

Your last error arose from a 'whoami' that never completed, permission granted..? Or perhaps you forgot to add the Mods IP address to your query_ip_whitelist.txt under the TS3 server directory structure.

Priority: A statement of the importance of a user or a program. Often expressed as a relative priority, indicating that the user doesn't care when the work is completed so long as he is treated less badly than someone else.
    - M.

I thought that the "Server Query Admin Account" has access to everything. Also the rbmod is running on the same machine as the teamspeak server.

Permissions can be removed / granted - I'm giving you the requirements for the Mod. Whether you choose to check all the permissions or not, is entirely up to you.

Same goes with the whitelist, whether the Mod's on the same IP or not, still requires an exemption of 127.0.0.1, or the Ethernet IP, or both. I personally run the Mod from another DMZ / WAN IP, but I added exemptions for it never the less.

- M.

Well according to your post
    "7) If you decide to log into your Teamspeak3 server with credentials other than 'Admin Server Query', which offers all the permissions, be sure to include the following permissions in your log-in." and I used Admin Server Query login in. So I should not have to do anything if I'm using that account, correct?

Also query ip whitelist file already has 127.0.0.1 in it be default, thats the local ip of the computer so I didn't have to do anything with that either. But I also added the 192 address that the server has with no change.

So as far as I understand I have followed what you have laid out unless I'm missing something.

"Permissions can be removed / granted" Thus, how do I know what your server admin query has retained since you've installed it and played around with it? I don't know your server nor it's permissions.

127.0.0.1 is a loop back, adding your private 192.*.*.* was a good idea. Make sure there's an empty / new line at the end of the query_ip_whitelist.txt...

You can go through the rbm_settings.cf and start with a process of elimination, disable most of the features with a flag of 0, and boot it up. Disable the webserver / interface also.

Other than this, I can't really say why the Mod's failing at a simple whoami query for you, not without a proper log of events leading up to the first occurrence of any error(s).

- M.

Its a fresh install on teamspeak, I decided to get it working with a fresh install before I did this on my live ts3 server. But I will mess around with it thanks for all the attention.

Just FYI the Admin Server Query at one point had access to everything but they restricted some stuff a while back. I was able to add them back in and now it works correctly. Thanks for your help!

Just FYI the Admin Server Query at one point had access to everything but they restricted some stuff a while back. I was able to add them back in and now it works correctly. Thanks for your help!
    Glad to hear it's now working - What tipped me off with the permissions were the queries failing, one after another by the looks of it

- M.

Has any one else tried putting in a review in for RBMod and it hasn't gone through?

__________________________________________________ __
    Dan22
    RBmod Development Team
    Rb 24-7 Public Inn Administrator

I have a funny suspicion myself - But I don't want to start pointing fingers at any one PTB on this forum just yet - Lets see how my NPL renewal goes in a few days here.. If that's also denied, I don't think I'll bother releasing version Ƹ.0 of RbMod with all it's new features. I'm not exactly feeling the love from this forum of Mods any longer.... If ever I did.

Sun: Single User network.
    - M.
    Last edited by Scor9ioN; February 3rd, 2013 at 04:38 PM.

Thread Information