Forum

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Fixed the !nickguard quickly this morning, wasn't kicking people...
    rbmod_v1b3r2.zip (11:50am PST):
    http://addons.teamspeak.com/...id=24

Just replace rbmod.pl with the new version inside this archive.

- Matt
    Last edited by Scor9ioN; August 24th, 2012 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Reworked the !nickguard code - should be good to go

I mean besides, it's a great mod recommend and what is the surprise and satisfaction of users. Write how to set more than one I currently seventh VirtualServer

I recommend ЯbMod and waiting for development

I gather you would like to see it capable of connecting to more than just one virtual server? Yeah I could probably write that into a later release. I myself run the Mod from a 3rd Linux machine, from two different directories right now, each connecting to my other Linux boxes for TS.. So I could see this as being a great improvement for sure - Thx for the suggestion Medcom

What can I say about this mod ?

Mod is very interesting, first see a creature in the TS, especially animated icons (I liked it), and more. But unfortunately in my opinion is very much against the system requirements (in my opinion) requires a lot of resources.

TS Server: 3.0.6.1
    MB'Ram: 1024
    CPU: 2

these are the characteristics of my car, I get a running mod:

TeamSpeak average packet loss: 4.98 - 7.31 (running mod) (default: 0.24 - at online 150 users)
    TeamSpeak ping: 90 (running mod) (default: 30-40 - at online 150 users)
    cpu: 20-30% (running mod) (default: 3.3% - at online 150 users)

and most fundamental thing is that the mod only worked with 15 to users of, as the modes used only after the user reconnects to the server (these were 15 users.)

then that would be if the online 300-400 people ?

I've been staging the development on two Debian machines myself, watching the CPU %, yes it does use a bit more cpu cycles (right now) then your average MOD, but I'll be addressing this shortly. I've never tried it on a server with more than 30 clients myself..

The higher bandwidth / cpu consumption comes directly from every additional thread for each client connection, every second each client gets polled through a query lookup, thus increasing things little.. I can slow this down or I could write finer code but either way the TS3 server has to also do some work for clientinfo queries..

I don't quite understand the last part? 15 users in linux? You shouldn't be hitting any thread limitations / resource limits in Linux (Windows yes, 63 threads max)

Have you tried turning on 'bot_logs_console = yes' in rbm_settings.cf ? Perhaps you could watch for any errors that arise for me.

Thx & much appreciated.

If you're talking about the fact that you have to reconnect to show each users traffic meter / hop count, then yes - this unfortunately is due to the fact that the MOD spawns multiple threads, 1 per client, and only when they connect. So if you take it down or restart, then every socket / thread gets destroyed, thus each client needs to do a quick reconnect to invoke half the features.

I usually try not to reboot the MOD that often, and people usually tend to come and ago enough it hasen't been a concern.

I can see a method in spawning ALL threads upon booting up the MOD for you, without waiting for new connections.. but this will take a little code work

I will wait for your new updates to improve and reduce any resources, honest of all the functions in your mod me the most are only interested hops / bytes. (very nice) But if I disable the setting is per in all functions except those (hops / bytes) may be resources will borrow less?

bot_logs_console = I disabled

All the other features shouldn't impinge on resources much at all. Including hops, a little more for hops but that's only a one time affair upon new connections.. plus they get cached for next time which makes things even smoother.

If you disable the traffic meter, half the 1 second polling code will be reduced, thus leaving you with a query per client that checks for channel spammers etc.
    So basically the traffic meter loop / 'clientinfo' loop runs every second.

Try this perhaps; Open rbmod.pl in a text editor, go down to line 1417 or search for '$dbh2->disconnect();' which brings you to line 1419. Look for sleep(1);

If you change this to sleep(2), even sleep(3) things should calm down considerably.

Let me know if the traffic meter behaves / performs alright. but keep in mind, this will slow down the channel flood / sticky feature also. which is fine..

Thumbs up

Since I didn't see any to do list I'll post issues/ideas here:

1) I have a strange feeling, that this bot is having issues with reading configs, for example with nickguarding.
    Code:
    protect_names_warn_duration = 15 # Choose maximum seconds, warning client to change nickname before issuing a kick.
    protect_names_ban_duration = 30 # Choose maximum seconds, warning client to change nickname before issuing a ban.
    I reversed that to ban instead if kicking someone, no effect.

2)
    Code:
    WARNING -> serverinstance_serverquery_flood_commands = 50
    It's recommended you increase this to 500 or more.
    Hit ENTER for 500 or change it to:
    Setting serverinstance_serverquery_flood_commands = 500
    I have this notify every time I launch RbM. I've especially changed in ts3 database (mysql in this case) 'serverinstance_serverquery_flood_commands' to 1000 to find if it'll ask me everytime and unfortunately, it does.

3) Make a logfile every launch.

4) Review if Rb-Guest group is really needed, because most already have a properly set Guest group. Plus once installed Rb-Guest's privileges can't be changed without Query Serveradmin (i_group_needed_modify_power = 100 - someone might become stucked because of that) because RbM doesn't read rbm_guests.cf every time, only at creating, not mentioning that it's assigned to everyone, that limited privileges because somehow skipped for example a number of allowed clones to 2 simultaneous connections. If it is, make him read rbm_guests.cf every launch so privileges can be easily overwritten.

5) What does variables at the beginning of rbmod.pl do? I'm curious because many variables from a settings file are being doubled.

6) In my case, a channel - to stick people switching channels too fast - is not being created, so I doubt that antiflood does even work. Just instead of writing name and sortorder, make a simple "changechannel_sticky_room_id = x # Name our sticky channel for punished client(s).".

7) Make a variable which will give us a possibility to exempt a few groups from server and channel anti-flood.

In advance, sorry for this long list and regards

1) I have a strange feeling, that this bot is having issues with reading configs, for example with nickguarding.
    'protect_names_ban_duration' is the only settings flag that doesn't work, yet.
    Nickguard should kick users after the warning duration, if they don't change their name in time.

2) I have this notify every time I launch RbM. I've especially changed in ts3 database (mysql in this case) 'serverinstance_serverquery_flood_commands' to 1000 to find if it'll ask me everytime and unfortunately, it does.
    I'm not sure why that is, I don't get this on either of my TS3 servers (perhaps admin query permissions?). It swings right on by for me, but I'll play with this tonight.

3) Make a logfile every launch.
    Going onto the TODO list for Beta 4

4) Review if Rb-Guest group is really needed, because most already have a properly set Guest group. Plus once installed Rb-Guest's privileges can't be changed without Query Serveradmin (i_group_needed_modify_power = 100 - someone might become stucked because of that) because RbM doesn't read rbm_guests.cf every time, only at creating, not mentioning that it's assigned to everyone, that limited privileges because somehow skipped for example a number of allowed clones to 2 simultaneous connections. If it is, make him read rbm_guests.cf every launch so privileges can be easily overwritten.
    I really didn't want to make a 'default' guest group, but by the looks of TS3's default guest group, if someone gets added to any other group, they automatically leave the TS3 guest group, it's only assigned to users without any other groups. And since RbMod starts adding O/S groups and Hops / Bytes etc, they leave your servers default guest group and have no permission then.

You are correct, RbMod only sets up the rbm_guests.cf the first time it's launched OR if the group isn't detected on the server..

I can make this happen so, like you said it reads it upon every launch and overwrites each time no matter what. This would also mean basically deleting the old group (quickest method..?) and reinvoking the new config everytime.

I'll make this happen for Beta 4

5) What does variables at the beginning of rbmod.pl do? I'm curious because many variables from a settings file are being doubled.
    The hash keys and values are read from the loaded rbm_settings.cf (which IS read every bootup into the program / memory, there are no doubles, only default values are beside each in case someone forgets to enter a value in the rbm_settings.cf..

6) In my case, a channel - to stick people switching channels too fast - is not being created, so I doubt that antiflood does even work. Just instead of writing name and sortorder, make a simple "changechannel_sticky_room_id = x # Name our sticky channel for punished client(s).".
    I could do this, but have you tried to flood through the channels? flip through them rather.
    The channel is created and destroyed upon users filling & leaving the room. Also, another little thing to keep in mind, if you have clones online, every clone will be stuck also if one gets punished. If you're stuck to the room and part the server and come back again, you will be placed back in the sticky room, with the count down starting over.

My idea was to hide the sticky room, and only use / announce it when needed. I could do something down the road, so you select your own room if you're really adamant

7) Make a variable which will give us a possibility to exempt a few groups from server and channel anti-flood.
    Yes, this exempt flag was added only a few days ago for nickguard, I'll invoke this as well in Beta 4

I just went over the entire rbmod.pl today, switching everything over to perl 5.10, which reduced a lot of clutter right away.
    I'll next work on reducing the cpu consumption for the traffic meter, I know not everyone runs dual / quad cores so.. or at least a flag to slow the timer down / reads until I can get that cleared up.

In advance, sorry for this long list and regards
    Hey n/p, I really appreciate the feedback.

Beta 4 is near completion, I'm just running it for a few hours or so on my servers, before uploading it here tonight.

I've pretty much addressed everything mentioned above and a little extra..

The only thing I'm really stressing is the traffic meter, since I've increased the update interval some (this can be adjusted back down to the quicker speed it use be) but other than that I think Firenz & others should be pleased... =)

Back shortly..
    - Scor9ioN

Each image used for the banner can open a different link? Or just one global banner link, like the default ts3 server?

I must of messed this up when I cleaned up / rearranged some variables for the first Beta release.

I'm currently working on this right now to rectify the problem.

As soon as I'm happy with this I'll throw up Beta 4, hopefully tonight as I planned.

Some of the 'safe_groups' for channel floods and bad words will need some more work but everything else in Beta 4 should be good to go here...

Release 1.0 beta 4 (Aug 25)

+ ADDED 'default_ban_duration' flag under rbm_settings.cf. This applies to
    !nickguard protection - More Ban options coming next.

+ ADDED 'realtime_animated_traffic_meter' flag to reduce or speedup the prime
    portion of code that can slow some CPU's / bandwidth down with too many
    clientinfo requests. Busy servers might also appreciate this flag.

+ ADDED Logging option under settings. All RbMod Information is written to a
    new log (/logs/) at boot-up.

+ ADDED 'multiple_banners_links' to coincide with your dynamic URL links.
    You can choose 3 links for 3 URLS, or 2 even 1 link for all your urls...
    Each banner link should be seperated in relation with the banner URLs to
    achieve the right sort order.

* CHANGED The entire code base to Perl 5.10 (2007+). Requires Perl 5.10.0+ which
    we should all have already

* CHANGED Guest permissions (rbm_guests.cf) to upload at each boot-up.

* CHANGED 'safe_groups' flag to apply to Channel & Server flood as well as
    Nick protection.

- REMOVED ft_port flag in settings. This belonged to the icon upload engine
    I originally wrote but removed due to port 30033 transfer limitations..

- FIXED Max flood time not sticking to default 500 or users input upon boot-up.

- FIXED trace router results for clients under Linux. Should be in order now.

- FIXED 'multiple_banners_urls' got lost in the shuffle before Beta 3 release.
    I rewrote most of this to start from left to write and repeat with the new
    feature 'multiple_banners_links'.

! NOTE bad word & channel flooding still needs 'safe_groups' code, coming.

Download

Thank you for your work, now I will try, if there are any problems - once you write.

Thread Information