Forum

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    I've been so busy making these changes, I haven't tested everything to it's fullest, so by all means look at the /logs/ or turn debug on and post anything that might creep up.

I would have liked to run this version for a day or so straight, on at least one of my servers but I felt Beta 3 was obsolete and buggy in comparison, so, here you go. =)

- Matt

I have a few questions:

1. how it works hops I just have all users shows "1", go to your server at all have been different.
    2. on the cpu, while jumping from 3.0% - 17.0% (3-7-12-16), Once the process jumps "ts3server_linux_x86"
    3. I have a suggestion for you to add another function to be similar to the hops, but it will be called "Rank", that is, a user who is a long time to be on the server will automatically change icons on 1-2-3-4-5-6-7, etc etc. just ask for a certain period of time eg one week, if the user tries to server 168 hours (1 week), then the icon will change it from 1 to 2 and the maximum rank for example 60, we understand this most reliable this person and how long it on the server. If the user is on the server but there was no action that rank does not rise.

and even whether it is possible to introduce different so that other code, the fact that I'm from Russia, I would like all the partially translated into Russian to help users to understand.

1. how it works hops I just have all users shows "1", go to your server at all have been different.
    Do you have a firewall blocking any outgoing ICMP/SYN requests...? Check your routers logs/syslogs perhaps.

2. on the cpu, while jumping from 3.0% - 17.0% (3-7-12-16), Once the process jumps "ts3server_linux_x86"
    Since Beta 4 I've noticed a considerable decrease in CPU consumption, I monitor all my equipment live for this.. If you're running on a single core with only a few GHz and 1 gig plus TS3 server instance, I could see a little increase but for the most part it's just the same as opening up each clients 'client connection info' and polling the user(s) this way, TS3server will have to handle the increase no matter what goes through...

I'm personally vary happy with the traffic meter performance now, I'm not completely finished optimizing it, but since Beta 4 I don't see my servers stressing over the Mod anymore, not nearly as much..

3. I have a suggestion for you to add another function to be similar to the hops, but it will be called "Rank", that is, a user who is a long time to be on the server will automatically change icons on 1-2-3-4-5-6-7, etc etc. just ask for a certain period of time eg one week, if the user tries to server 168 hours (1 week), then the icon will change it from 1 to 2 and the maximum rank for example 60, we understand this most reliable this person and how long it on the server. If the user is on the server but there was no action that rank does not rise.
    I was given another, similar idea by someone from Germany, but this would be a nice feature just as well. Instead of time elapsed, how about the amount of connections? 50 = 1, 100 = 2, 150 = 3, etc.. or instead of numbers military ranks..?

and even whether it is possible to introduce different so that other code, the fact that I'm from Russia, I would like all the partially translated into Russian to help users to understand.
    I'm half Serbian & German but unfortunately I can only do English, and about 10 programming languages I guess, but if I could find someone that would like to translate this I would be more than happy to give my input along the way.

PS; Watching the new traffic meter this morning I noticed the receives (red lines) get a little too high so I'll be tweaking this today. Have to do a little division and what not to get the numbers correct for the slower query intervals...

- Matt
    Last edited by Scor9ioN; August 26th, 2012 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Added side note.

So I tested beta 4 and mod is crashing after ~15 minutes, don't know why also traffic meter is stuck and doesn't change icons... I launched rbmod 4 times and crashed twice writing only "(Aug 26 23:10) ERROR - RbMod Bot A closed unexpectedly Sun Aug 26 23:10:29 2012!" meanwhile ts3 server was idle, console_debug = yes didn't give any useful infos. Though channel flood guard is working properly as well as creating that "Correctional Facility", banning instead of kicking for using a guarded nickname and updating Rb-Guest group every launch

Sounds to me like the first bot, the first thread is crashing on you, so you won't get sticky / traffic and a few other features.

If you're in Linux, try typing 'ps aux | grep rbmod'

You should see one line for the current grep request, if you see more RbMods (process still hung in memory) kill each one with 'kill [PID ID]', the left most number IDs.

If you're in Windows, well this may be another story entirely but I have a feeling the first bot can't connect nor grab the username that it wants. If the first bot isn't running, neither will all the client threads.

I have a feeling I need to write some connection redundancy into each bot, if the old query is still connected to the TS3 server, change nicknames to <name>(random ID) to avoid a collision.

Let me know how it goes.

M.

Quote Originally Posted by Scor9ioN View Post
    If you're in Linux, try typing 'ps aux | grep rbmod'

You should see one line for the current grep request, if you see more RbMods (process still hung in memory) kill each one with 'kill [PID ID]', the left most number IDs.
    That's the point I'm sitting on Linux and htop, but I didn't find any rbmod hang processes because every time when bot A crashes, I'm clearing processlist. I'll try to check that again tomorrow and write if that problem occurs frequently

Yes if you could Firenz, I'd like to fix this ASAP. I've actually experienced the same thing (only a few times) but I would usually clear the process list and start over just fine. I think this occurs when you restart the Mod too quickly, &/or there's a zombie/thread/bot still running on the TS3 server - not definite yet but... I''ll do some work on this tonight to see what's going on.

I need to add some more error handling as well, to catch the connection procedure a little better.

M.

Another possibility (If both ARE running for 10 minutes & then you experience this), would be to check the Server Query 'i_client_private_textmessage_power' under your TS3 server for me (I think I'll write this into the next release...) because Bot B sends a Ping every few minutes or so in a private text message and Bot A responds with a PONG to bot B. Bot to bot keep alive, otherwise Thread A will timeout after 10 minutes of idle time if it's doing nothing more that listening on the socket and it doesn't issue any TS3 queries within' 10 minutes.

Hope this is the case, easy to fix ...

M.

=== Release 1.0 beta 4r2 (Aug 27) ===

+ ADDED 'logging_cache' flag under rbm_settings.cf. Decide how long you would like to keep your RbMod logs. Old log files will be cleaned upon every boot-up.

* INFO RbMod creates a new SQ-Lite DB file if not detected (& first boot-up).

* INFO RbMod creates a new /logs/ directory if not detected (& first boot-up).

* INFO Animated Traffic meter has some new code work to reduce DB access writes.

* INFO Improved Logged messages / debug console. More informative, tidy.

* INFO Improved socket handling for each socket connection (Still needs more testing).

* INFO Traceroute repeats a client trace if the hop count falls below 10 hops, to obtain the highest & most accurate reading possible.

* INFO Other code work to essentially cleanup/speedup the entire foundation for the Mod.

DOWNLOAD

Update:
    - Changed timestamps on logs.
    - Dynamic buffer delay when client parts / rejoins too quickly. To avoid client thread collisions.
    - Fine tuned the Traffic Meter (Shouldn't be sticking any longer).
    Last edited by Scor9ioN; August 28th, 2012 at 11:23 AM. Reason: More fixes - Uploaded/Updated Aug 28 - 2:00 AM (PST)

Didn't have time yesterday, sry.

Downloaded 4r2 and still crashes, don't know why. i_client_private_textmessage_power is set properly.
    * INFO RbMod creates a new /logs/ directory if not detected (& first boot-up).
    I've deleted previous logs, then launched a new clear version and:
    Code:
    CHECKING - RbMod Log file...
    ERROR - Loading Log file: Nie ma takiego pliku ani katalogu
    syswrite() on closed filehandle $LOG at /home/users/firenz/RBM/rbmod.pl line 1982.
    OK - logs/rbmod_1346172531_Tuesday, 6:48:51 PM.log.log file created.
    syswrite() on closed filehandle $LOG at /home/users/firenz/RBM/rbmod.pl line 1982.
    OK - loaded new log 1346172531_Tuesday, 6:48:51 PM.log
    CHECKING - SQ-Lite Database...
    OK - SQ-Lite DB detected.
    CHECKING - Configuration files...
    OK - Loaded rbm_settings.cf - 40 RbMod Settings into memory.
    OK - Loaded rbm_guests.cf - 43 Guest Permissions into memory.
    OK - Loaded rbm_badwords.cf - 449 Bad Words into memory.
    OK - Loaded rbm_botresponses.cf - 12 Random Bot Responses into memory.
    OK - Loaded rbm_funwords.cf - 146 Fun Word Matches into memory.
    OK - Loaded rbm_quotes.cf - 226 Random Quotes into memory.
    INFO - Guardian Starting up...
    syswrite() on closed filehandle $LOG at /home/users/firenz/RBM/rbmod.pl line 1982, <GEN0> line 1.
    OK - Guardian Socket connected to ***.***.***.**:*****
    syswrite() on closed filehandle $LOG at /home/users/firenz/RBM/rbmod.pl line 1982, <GEN0> line 1.
    CHECKING - Guardian's Bot DBID/CLID...
    syswrite() on closed filehandle $LOG at /home/users/firenz/RBM/rbmod.pl line 1982, <GEN0> line 142.
    OK - Found DBID: 1 CLID: 15
    syswrite() on closed filehandle $LOG at /home/users/firenz/RBM/rbmod.pl line 1982, <GEN0> line 142.
    INFO - Checking old logs...
    readdir() attempted on invalid dirhandle DIR at /home/users/firenz/RBM/rbmod.pl line 2008, <GEN0> line 142.
    OK - Nothing to cleanup.
    closedir() attempted on invalid dirhandle DIR at /home/users/firenz/RBM/rbmod.pl line 2029, <GEN0> line 142.
    CHECKING - 'serverinstance_serverquery_flood_commands' to keep our bots alive...
    syswrite() on closed filehandle $LOG at /home/users/firenz/RBM/rbmod.pl line 1982, <GEN0> line 144.
    OK - Serverinstance_serverquery_flood_commands  = 500
    syswrite() on closed filehandle $LOG at /home/users/firenz/RBM/rbmod.pl line 1982, <GEN0> line 144.
    OK - Serverinstance_serverquery_flood_time      = 2
    CHECKING - Rb-'Groups' on your server...
    syswrite() on closed filehandle $LOG at /home/users/firenz/RBM/rbmod.pl line 1982, <GEN0> line 147.
    OK - Rb-Guest Group exists with GID: 11
    syswrite() on closed filehandle $LOG at /home/users/firenz/RBM/rbmod.pl line 1982, <GEN0> line 147.
    OK - Rb-Guest Group permissions updated from rbm_guests.cf
    syswrite() on closed filehandle $LOG at /home/users/firenz/RBM/rbmod.pl line 1982, <GEN0> line 193.
    OK - Rb-Windows Group exists with GID: 12
    syswrite() on closed filehandle $LOG at /home/users/firenz/RBM/rbmod.pl line 1982, <GEN0> line 196.
    OK - Rb-Linux Group exists with GID: 13
    syswrite() on closed filehandle $LOG at /home/users/firenz/RBM/rbmod.pl line 1982, <GEN0> line 199.
    OK - Rb-Mac Group exists with GID: 14
    syswrite() on closed filehandle $LOG at /home/users/firenz/RBM/rbmod.pl line 1982, <GEN0> line 202.
    OK - Rb-iOS Group exists with GID: 15
    syswrite() on closed filehandle $LOG at /home/users/firenz/RBM/rbmod.pl line 1982, <GEN0> line 205.
    OK - Rb-Sticky Group exists with GID: 16
    syswrite() on closed filehandle $LOG at /home/users/firenz/RBM/rbmod.pl line 1982, <GEN0> line 205.
    CHECKING - Admin Server Query 'i_client_max_clones_uid' permission...
    syswrite() on closed filehandle $LOG at /home/users/firenz/RBM/rbmod.pl line 1982, <GEN0> line 206.
    OK - Set to 1000
    syswrite() on closed filehandle $LOG at /home/users/firenz/RBM/rbmod.pl line 1982, <GEN0> line 206.
    INFO - Chibi\sGuardian Starting up...
    syswrite() on closed filehandle $LOG at /home/users/firenz/RBM/rbmod.pl line 1982, <GEN1> line 1.
    OK - Chibi\sGuardian Socket connected to ***.***.***.**:*****
    syswrite() on closed filehandle $LOG at /home/users/firenz/RBM/rbmod.pl line 1982, <GEN1> line 141.
    ERROR - Bot to Bot Keep-Alive: 512 (invalid\sclientID)ERROR - Disconnecting.
    syswrite() on closed filehandle $LOG at /home/users/firenz/RBM/rbmod.pl line 1982, <GEN0> line 213.
    syswrite() on closed filehandle $LOG at /home/users/firenz/RBM/rbmod.pl line 1982, <GEN0> line 213.
    syswrite() on closed filehandle $LOG at /home/users/firenz/RBM/rbmod.pl line 1982, <GEN1> line 1.

I'm actually fine tuning this area right now (the logging, time stamps some more.. subs), also the keep-alive might be dropping off too quickly when it boots up for the first time, which was noticed last night.

I'll correct this ASAP today Firenz.

- Matt

Updated the download, also - the Mod tried to create /logs/ with permissions 755, I changed this to 744. And fixed the error handling to better help next time.

Let me know how it goes for you Firenz.

Hello, thank you very much for your dedication and for your hard work, well, I will have to give up your miracle, because this mod is not for public servers, 15 users 15-16% CPU, I understand that you're still working on it. well, however it is not for public servers, I imagine what would happen if 300 people will be, I just have about 290 users online ... The server drops....

was 10 min...

25 users (40% cpu)
    Last edited by Ar2rJke; August 29th, 2012 at 08:51 AM.

I run public servers and today I had over 20 threads with only a few cpu cycles over the norm.. I don't know which version you're still using but the latest version has significantly dropped the polling client bots <-> 'clientinfo' queries.

Try opening up 15 'client connection info's' all at once, it's the same thing the Mod is doing, accept now I have it down to a two second interval and rear DB writes, and reads. Far less HDD / CPU activity since Beta 3.

Beta 5 I'm doing up next has been completely torn apart, and put back together in numerous *.pm files / directories and subroutines. the socket reconnect 'retry' & timeouts will be flags in the settings, which now work nicely for all socket attempts.

The first few releases have been pretty straight forward concept implementations, I'm now doing everything in my power to cleanup, smooth out and optimize each feature as much as humanly possible...

I'll make the whole 'clientinfo' interval an option to turn off entirely (Animated Traffic meter / Channel flooding).. this will give you the choice to still use over 90% of the Mods features.

PS; With that interval off you'll be running two sockets / two query bots only. Instead of 2 + number of clients.

I have a few more features to add yet....

Update - Late night coders blog =)

Now that I've moved around 700 lines of code today, I'm thinking.. Perhaps sticking to just the two main threads / bots and running through a loop from just one of the two rather than spawning more threads per client will reduce a lot of overhead. I originally never liked the concept of running over and over through each client for individual stats since you can grab most everything through other TS3 queries.. but since I can only get bytes Tx/Rx per individual client through the clientinfo query which averages about 1kb a packet each time, (I requested a global 'clientlist -bytes' to show in one single query, but to no avail, yet ) I think I'll do away with all the threading and see how things roll.

Give me a little to try this switch.

- M.
    Last edited by Scor9ioN; August 29th, 2012 at 10:40 AM. Reason: PS

Thread Information