Forum

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    RESOLVED: Updated download here.

Issue: Upon the first time booting the Mod, RMod sat waiting for a query back from the TS3 server, waiting to cleanup 'old' RbMod groups on the server, but if none existed it sat, waiting...

ALSO NOTE:
    RbMod looks for a default guest group named 'Guest' (Not the template group either), if your default guest group varies or you don't even have a 'Guest' group on your server because you've renamed it, RbMod will have some problems.

I'll work on this today so you, the administrator can choose your particular guest group ID/Name in rbm_settings.cf.

-M.
    Last edited by Scor9ioN; September 21st, 2012 at 07:35 PM.

Added 2 more settings in rbm_settings:

Default_Guest_Group_ID = Default
    Default will search for the name 'Guest' amongst your group names, or choose your Guest Group ID instead.

Cleanup_TS3_And_Shutdown
    = No
    Default No will cleanup groups and continue booting up. Yes will cleanup both Mod groups, and all online client slots & shutdown. The latter can be used to cleanup online client icon slots (Traffic Meter blue/red icons) and all of RbMod groups / icons in case you decide to revert back to your original setup

Updated rbm_settings.cf to reflect a disabled Traffic Meter by default now. Some people running the Mod for the first time may not want all their client icons overwritten, this is unfortunately the only set back in using the client icon slots to render 289 traffic icons. The plus side of using the client icon slots is the speed in which your TS3 server generates each update. Seems updating a 'Group' icon rather than the client icon has more performance costs. Perhaps because each group is accessible throughout TS3 from every client connected.

Fixed Trace routes, accidentally disabled new traces this morning tracking down another bug...

Download
    Last edited by Scor9ioN; September 23rd, 2012 at 02:48 AM. Reason: Updated v2.0 @ 6:45 PST September 22nd

Release 2.0 Beta 2 ( September 24 )

+ Added Help / Exit / Say <msg> / Shutdown / Reload / Debug <On/Off> and more
    commands to the Terminal / Console for RbMod Sysops.

+ Added ANSI Color support to the Terminal / Console.

+ Added UTF8 Support throughout the Mod.

+ Added MOTD, Two customizable areas included, first area will greet new joins
    to the server with a message of your choosing, the latter greets subsequent
    log-ins, with RbMod variables to play with for both. All TS3 text formatting
    also works.

Some RbMod MOTD Commands you can use...
    Nick, Version, IP, LastLoginTime, LastLoginElapsed, LastChan, Hops, Rank,
    DNS, FirstLoginTime, FirstLoginElapsed, MBSent, MBRecv and more to come.

Short Message Of The Day example:

Welcome to the server [Nick]!
    I notice this is your first time here,
    please feel free to browse around.
    Your Teamspeak3 version is [Version].
    Detected OS: [OS].
    Your IP: [IP].

Make updates to the .cf and RbMod will automatically detect the change and
    reload the file. This is a fairly new feature which still needs some work
    over the next few releases.

+ Added flag 'Query_Retry', select how many connection attempts to make
    before giving up.

+ Added flag 'Query_Retry_Delay', pick the length in which to wait between
    retries.

+ Added flag 'Console_Text_Color', choose the default console color in which
    to run RbMod in. Choices are; Red, Green, Yellow, Blue, Magenta, Cyan or
    White

- Removed temporary settings flag 'Cleanup_TS3_And_Shutdown' since this is
    performed at every boot-up / soft shutdown.

- Fixed Socket reconnect on failed attempts.

- Fixed up Terminal / Console formatting.

- Fixed Mod hanging after renaming a channel for bad word matches.

- Fixed Time remaining until next rank. Time was a tad off.

- Fixed Cleaning of 'Rb Sticky', 'Rb iOS', 'Rb Windows'. ALL groups should
    cleanup every boot-up or upon typing 'exit' now.

- Fixed Language filter skipping a beat from time to time on channel names.

& Other minor bug fixes.

Download v2.0 Beta2

hi Scor9ioN, I did the same to a conclusion that I can not enjoy your lovely mod, The most important thing for me is to automatically delete channels. I turned off all functions except the automatic deletion of channels and I still have people assigned to the rank of a group of hops.

What's the problem might be?

I am very very very sorry, I respect your work and respect you
    Could you write separately the exact same script just to touch automatically delete channels to make it work just as well without the other vunktsy I have in ЯbMod's, so they do not interfere with each other.

Ar2rJke ...

You haven't explained why the channel deletion doesn't work for you. Only that you have Ranks / Hop groups remaining..?

This project is something I've taken upon myself to start for the TS3 community, my efforts to tie all sorts of wonderful ideas together and present them as a whole have been my intent from the start. I can't see any 'individual' applications coming any time soon. My focus right now is RbMod, if for some reason you can't get things working, I would love to hear why so I can potentially fix it ASAP...

I've slowed down the Mod from adding too many groups too quickly, every second 5 clients will be added, than it will break out and loop around again and add more. This should prevent any flooding or CPU's from climbing too quickly on a large TS server during the bootup...

-M.

I'm idling on your server Ar2rJke, I know Russia's a few hours ahead of us here in little ol' Canada so..

I notice you've been trying to boot the Mod again, let me know when you're around, we can work on getting this going together for your server.

- Matt

Update to Mod (Sept. 26, 3:36 PM PST.)

I've changed the code in which the main TS3 query interface the Mod uses to interact with the server functions, it now has a timeout no matter what happens.
    For anyone (larger servers especially) experiencing hang-ups at any point with the MOD, might like to download the archive again, and replace the /rbm_packages/ directory along with ./rbmod.pl ...

I'm currently working on slowing down the amount of queries (Added a settings.cf variable of about 30 MAX queries per second) for larger servers. This means the channel flooding / traffic meter(s) might slow down a tad but if you're operating a server with more than 30 people, chances are you'll be disabling the traffic meter anyhow, and the channel flood sensitivity can be lowered just the same.

I'll try and get this completed next ASAP.

-M.

Update to Mod (Sept. 26, 6:00 PM PST.)

Added 'Query_Limit' near the top of rbm_settings.cf (copy and paste into your old if need be). Default is set to 30, as this seems to be the optimal number, basically now the Mod looks for new polls with previous tags for each one. If it's been polled/tagged it moves to the next client, once all the clients are polled it starts over.

So for example, you have 10 people connected and you set it to 5. RbMod will now query 5 clients, wait 1 second (amongst other things it continues to do) come back around and poll the other 5. And of course start over. If you have the traffic meter enabled you'll notice the way your client updates are parsed by this method, every second you'll see one group of clients update, and the next...

This again is fairly new so I'll be stressing it out some over the next few days and updating the archive as needed..

DOWNLOAD
    Last edited by Scor9ioN; September 27th, 2012 at 02:41 AM.

Hi,

With this update the mod is not starting anymore if you restart it.

Code:
    September 28th 2012 Friday 9:18:25 PM 	LOAD  	- Group Creator     	- Checking Rb 'Groups' on your TS3 server...
    September 28th 2012 Friday 9:18:25 PM 	SET   	- Group Creator     	- Duplicate Rb Guest Group Detected. Using Alternative until next time.
    September 28th 2012 Friday 9:18:25 PM 	ERROR  	- Group Creator     	- Can't find default Guest Group ID!
    also it just stops working without any error.

Code:
    September 28th 2012 Friday 9:10:03 PM 	INFO 	- TS3 Query		-  Connected. DBID:  IP: 
    September 28th 2012 Friday 9:10:03 PM 	INFO 	- Group Creator    	- s been added to Guest Group ID: 268
    September 28th 2012 Friday 9:10:03 PM 	INFO  	- MOTD      		- Sent  the Message Of The Day #1
    September 28th 2012 Friday 9:10:03 PM 	INFO 	- Reverse DNS      	- FORKED and Looking up  ()

I've been working on these hangups.. In fact that's all I've been working on since I uploaded the last little bit of code here, I noticed all sorts of plausible scenarios that could occur.

I just uploaded the latest of the latest code I'm working with right now, this uses unbuffered reads now - This is what I've been working furiously on over the past few days trying to rectify, instead of using buffered socket reads (hanging, waiting for data sometimes that never comes..) RbMod now reads in chunks until it hits a \n (newline) or there's 0 bytes coming. This again is new and still being worked on but, it should run nicer than the previous code.

Let me know

NOTE: The latest flag 'Query_Limit' is disabled in this release as I've been working around it on other code before coming back to it.

Download

Replace: ./rbm_packages/* and ./rbmod.pl

- Matt
    Last edited by Scor9ioN; September 29th, 2012 at 05:24 AM. Reason: Updated archive @ 9:20pm PST again...

RBmod v2 beta 2 stops working after some seconds of working for me.
    It adds everyone to the Servergroups and then loses the connection. After that it spams errors in the console.

Here is my console log: http://pastebin.com/KM0Yg9vA

Serverversion is 3.0.6.1 on linux

The specified type of tracerouting is allowed for superuser only
    First error pretty much says it, try turning Traceroute / DNS lookups off if you aren't using root...

All the errors that come later seem to stem from the first, or if not the lack of system permissions you're attempting to run it under.

Let me know if this solves your problem, I'm currently working on testing a new subroutine still to keep the Mod fully connected under all conditions (eventually I'll make an auto-reconnect also..)

It seems only a few large servers have had issues, and this is due to the fact that RbMod was / does (until I upload this new code) receive about 25 kb/s for every 10 queries to the TS3 server.. so with 100 + clients... This is where 'Query_limit' will come into play shortly here...

Edit:
    Copied Guest Group with Group ID: 11 To New Group ID: 11
    ID 11 <-> 11, interesting. Once you disable traceroute for a minute and it boots up again, could you keep your server groups window open on the teamspeak server and watch the groups live as they're generated from RbMod, do you see a 'Rb Guest' group replicated from your main 'Guest' group upon booting? If not I think my latest code resolves the guest replication problems I've encountered myself but this one looks fairly different so I'm just curious here. I'll look closer at this if it continues to use the same ID for replication, or if it's just displaying the wrong ID here.
    Last edited by Scor9ioN; September 30th, 2012 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scor9ioN View Post
    I've been working on these hangups.. In fact that's all I've been working on since I uploaded the last little bit of code here, I noticed all sorts of plausible scenarios that could occur.

I just uploaded the latest of the latest code I'm working with right now, this uses unbuffered reads now - This is what I've been working furiously on over the past few days trying to rectify, instead of using buffered socket reads (hanging, waiting for data sometimes that never comes..) RbMod now reads in chunks until it hits a \n (newline) or there's 0 bytes coming. This again is new and still being worked on but, it should run nicer than the previous code.

Let me know
    Thanks for the update.
    It is now running for 24 hours and still working normal.

I have set "Reverse_DNS_On = Off" and restarted it.
    The same errors are being sent to the console.

I have tried running it as root and it gave me this: http://pastebin.com/pS2j61vW
    Also I tried it on another server with less people on it, it kind of works there.
    It prints the "traceroute"-message, no other errors and is still running.

The first server had ~15 and the second 3 active users.

Ok well, I've made a few changes, some regarding the first error line you encountered in my latest code here, give me the next 12 - 24 hours to test this sub I'm working on and I'll upload all the changes I've made. One including On/Off clone detection in the settings.cf .. one feature I missed for that toggle

I'm assuming the Mod's logging in with pretty much full serveradmin credentials to your first server, I'm pretty sure I know the cause here though...

I'll post either my latest subroutine with changes or leave the sub out and update the rest of the code either way by the end of the day if all goes well.

- M.

Thread Information