Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    I'll be posting an update today if all continues to go well, so far this new unbuffered query interface / subroutine's been running nicely for over 12 hours, plus I've been fine tuning the new 'Query_Limit' flag.

'Traffic_Meter_Interval' is now depreciated as the 'Query_Limit' will override this in the next release.

- M.

Release 2.0 Beta 3 ( October 1st )

- Removed buffered socket reads.

- Removed 'Traffic_Meter_Interval'

- Fixed Clone departures enhancing user time, when only a single clone should
    of been triggering the update.

- Fixed / Slowed the Group Cleaner, cleans 1 group every 0.5 seconds, as not
    to throttle your TS3 query interface.

- Fixed Nickname Protection doubling / flooding during boot-up, potentially
    causing unnecessary CPU consumption at the beginning.

+ Added Tx / Rx information while debug is on at the command prompt / shell.

+ Added Unbuffered socket READ subroutine. RbMod now reads all open socket
    data until it hits a newline, or 0 bytes in the stream.

+ Added 'Clone_Detection_On' On / Off variable to hide or display RbMods
    Icon pack of 7 clones.

+ Added 'Query_Limit' flag, overrides depreciated flag 'Traffic_Meter_Interval'
    No longer worry about RbMod throttling your TS3 query port.

Every additional query you add to the Query_Limit will split the way RbMod
    reads all your clients.

For example, if you have 18 clients connected, and you set
    Query_Limit = 10, RbMod will read 10 clients one second, and 8 the next.

Type 'Debug On' at the console and watch the Tx / Rx from RbMod <-> TS3 to
    better understand how much input RbMod receives from TS3 with X amount of
    queries set.

Update over previous version:

Replace ./rbm_packages/* and ./rbmod.pl files.

Add 'Query_Limit = 20' and 'Clone_Detection_On = On' to rbm_settings.cf

Remove 'Traffic_Meter_Interval' from rbm_settings.cf

Download

- M.
    Last edited by Scor9ioN; October 2nd, 2012 at 06:14 AM.

looks solid

but lacks 2 things
    1st is a proper documentations specially more explaining about the settings and commands

2nd a server groups protection(white listed UIDs) feature would be great

keep up the good work

Release 2.0 Beta 4 (October 3rd)

+ Added [RandQuote], [RandWord], [RandQuoteWord] to the MOTD text file.
    Choose whether you would like to display a random quote, random word meaning
    or either of the two randomized when new clients connect and receive the MOTD.

+ Added [Break] to rbm_motd.cf, split up long messages above 1024 characters.
    RbMod will also split long MOTD's without [Break] now but this adds a cleaner,
    more accurate split to your welcome message(s).

+ Added 'Military_Rank_Privileged_Group_IDs' and
    'Military_Rank_Privileged_Client_DBIDs' to rbm_settings.cf, on behalf of
    Dan22's suggestion, you can now list which client ID or group ID's belong
    to a particular starting rank of your choosing. For example; Registered
    clients could start at rank 5 while Server Admins start at rank 15.
    'Military_Rank_Privileged_Group_IDs = 989->15'

* Changed the character limit back to normal. Beta 3 stripped text characters
    over 127 for a few versions.

- Fixed MOTD displaying one extra hop per client.

- Fixed 'Query_Limit' slowing down new client connections from being detected
    by the Mod. Shouldn't matter how many clients or how many intervals it takes
    to scan over every client, new joins will be prioritized and scanned over.

- Fixed Channel Language Filter ignoring scan on new channel creations.

- Fixed Channel Language choking on certain ASCII characters.

- Fixed 'Channel_Flood_Detection_Exempt_On' now works correctly.

Download

Updated Files:
    ./rbmod.pl
    ./rbm_packages/*
    ./rbm_motd.cf
    ./rbm_settings.cf with above mentioned variables
    Last edited by Scor9ioN; October 4th, 2012 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Forgot [Break] addition...

Thanks for the update.
    I'll test it on a cloned server "for tests".
    PS.:The first page still showing beta 3, not 4.

Ahmed:
    1st is a proper documentations specially more explaining about the settings and commands

2nd a server groups protection(white listed UIDs) feature would be great
    1) I should really sit down one day and write a little instruction manual of sorts I guess, explaining all the variables in the settings.cf and MOTD etc.. Unfortunately I've been busy writing more and more code I haven't really stepped back to do this just yet, hopefully I polish up a few more 'features' in the next release or so, and I can do just that.

2) Well there is an exemption list that can be applied to a few features, or individual exemption lists can be added to more of the features as to apply different feature punishments to different groups/tiers. This is something that's been suggested for future releases already, more exemptions for more of the features.

But if you're talking about a 'protection' feature, which does more than just guard ones nickname on/offline... This could be done up also I guess, where the Mod would 'deop' the offender, kick / revoke permissions maybe when a 'protected' user's permissions are tampered with.... Something I've been thinking about, just not sure what type of demand there would be for it...?

TeamSpeak3:
    I'll test it on a cloned server "for tests".

PS.:The first page still showing beta 3, not 4.
    1) Keep 'Debug On' and you should be able to witness more Mod activity this way

2) Fixed, :P Seems I end up updating more online content than Mod code at times

- M.
    Last edited by Scor9ioN; October 5th, 2012 at 08:40 PM.

hello Scor9ioN, Well about this update, everything is working well, the CPU is greater than 10% does not jump.
    TeamSpeak ping: 50-60 (online 200)
    TeamSpeak packet loss: the maximum was 4.00-5.00%

Well I will say this, it was before, and that now it's just a story, just wanted to clarify, this is the maximum reduction of RESURSS? (is there still a possibility to reduce the resources?).

Also see you fixed on the alias before people with Russian letters in TS could not be automatically added to the group - and tepr all works.

I have some questions for you:

1. Will I or other people to translate this mod to your own language, I live in Russia, and the server is also in Russia, I would like to rename some of the features that people could understand, for example MOTD.

2. I would like to learn from you, you have already seen my server, you have seen my online server, tell me what the settings are correct for my online?

especially:
    Code:
    Query_Retry         = 10                                # On failed socket attempt, retry x amount of times.
    Query_Retry_Delay   = 5                                 # On failed socket attempt, delay retry attempt by x seconds.
    Query_Limit        = 20                                # Choose the maximum amount of TS3 queries per second.
    3. I did not understand how the automatic removal of non-movable channels?

Channel_Delete_Dormant_On - here this enabled
    Channel_Delete_Dormant_Interval - that during the interval?
    Channel_Delete_Dormant_Requirements - and what is it?
    Channel_Delete_Dormant_Exempt_IDs - I understood. id add channels that will not be deleted (ignore)

4. how to use this mod as an automatic start-up? (crontab ... etc) ?!

And in rbm_settings think you need to write everywhere, all the parameters are separated in time (write in what - minutes or seconds).

care until all these questions, I apologize for my English - used TRANSLATE

First, I'd like to start off by saying, these online translators really do suck... =)

Resources

The Traffic Meter being the largest resource hog will be something you might consider either disabling on 50 + client based servers, or turning 'Query_Limit' down to query (Poll) 20 or so clients a second will decrease the amount of traffic icons your teamspeak server's being told to change every second.

The only reason you're seeing high CPU spikes with the traffic meter on is due to the way Teamspeak renders group / client slot icon updates. In RbMod version 1.0 I was using a dynamically generated group for each clients traffic meter, which degraded the teamspeak server process quit a bit if you had a lot of clients, and a lot of icons dancing every second. Using the Client icon slots has reduced that intensity through the teamspeak server process but, being that you have a server with 150 - 200 clients on average Ar2rJk, I suggest you either leave the 'Query_Limit' at 20 - 30, or disable the Traffic Meter entirely if you're worried about a 5- 10% increase due to this one feature.

Language

I really do not speak anything other than English, but creating more documentation on all the features / settings (first - English) is definitely something I could see happening down the road when I polish up more of the Mod here, and of course finish adding all these new ideas I keep getting

Being of Slavic decent, you would think I would know a little Serbian. Maybe I'll fly my mother out here....

Settings

Query_Retry = 10
    This is only for the Mod if it fails to connect during boot-up.
    The socket retry amount / count to attempt.

Query_Retry_Delay = 5
    This is only for the Mod if it fails to connect during boot-up.
    Time between retries above.

Query_Limit = 20
    This slows / speeds RbMod polling / reading your teamspeak clients connected.
    Example with 50 clients. RbMod Scans 20, waits 1 second, Scans another 20, waits 1 second, Scans the last 10 clients, waits 1 second and starts the process over, thus effecting the speed in which your traffic meter generates icon updates for every X amount of queries.

Channel_Delete_Dormant_Interval
    This just tells RbMod to 'check' / SCAN all your channels every X seconds, reducing CPU consumption some.

Channel_Delete_Dormant_Requirements
    THIS is what you use to judge how long an empty / untouched / unvisited channel can remain on your server.
    AFTER X seconds the channel will be scanned (with the interval above) and checked against this time requirement, if it EXCEEDS this limit you set, then the channel's subject to deletion.

Channel_Delete_Dormant_Exempt_IDs
    I understood. id add channels that will not be deleted (ignore)
    Exactly, channel ID numbers, Example: 2,5,7,342,124
    ALL sub-channels are exempt by default, so only add PARENT ID's...

how to use this mod as an automatic start-up? (crontab ... etc) ?!
    Well in a Linux environment you can use cronjobs, yes. Type 'crontab -e' and add perhaps '@reboot /home/rbmod/rbmod.pl'.

I'll eventually work on an auto-reconnect feature, and possibly some sort of start script for the Mod.

And in rbm_settings think you need to write everywhere, all the parameters are separated in time (write in what - minutes or seconds).

Instead of seconds, introduce the settings in minutes days etc? I could do this down the road, I understand that not everyone wants to click the calculator and multiply seconds / hours etc.. =)

Update
    :
    Ar2rJke open ./rbm_motd.cf, change the message(s) to which ever language / variation you like - If this is what you were referring to above as part of the language choice.

- M.
    Last edited by Scor9ioN; October 6th, 2012 at 01:41 AM. Reason: MOTD

Quote Originally Posted by Scor9ioN View Post
    Channel_Delete_Dormant_Exempt_IDs
    I understood. id add channels that will not be deleted (ignore)
    Exactly, channel ID numbers, Example: 2,5,7,342,124
    ALL sub-channels are exempt by default, so only add PARENT ID's...
    Hello Scor9ioN, Can this be fixed so that each channel is responsible for himself, I will explain why I like the other admins have a ton of games Public server as it, exemple:

### Counter-Strike ### (parent id)
    sk-gaming (sub-name/clan channel)
    cw 1 (sub-channel)
    cw 2 (sub-channel)

### - with a sign only sections of the game (if I add it to the mod it will not delete your subchannels.)

Code:
    Saturday 1:51:56 PM     LOAD    - Group Creator         - Checking Rb 'Groups' on your TS3 server...
    Use of uninitialized value $guestsID in concatenation (.) or string at rbm_packages/rbm_parent.pm line 475, <GEN0> line 1.
    Saturday 1:51:56 PM     OK      - Group Creator         - Copied Guest Group with Group ID:  To New Group ID: 8

Release 2.0 Beta 5 ( October 6th )

- Fixed Nickname Protection from booting 'TeamSpeakUser' clients if guarded
    clients happen to grab it.

* Changed the Channel Language Filter renaming reutine, RbMod now replaces each
    swear word with a random word selected from ./rbm_extras/rbm_funwords.cf.

* Changed the Channel Delete Dormant clean-up procedure, any dormant
    sub-channels UNDER an exempt parent channel will be cleaned up now, before
    any channel in the tree that was added to the exemption list also remained
    exempt. RbMod now deletes dormant channels DOWN the tree that are under these
    exemptions. This means you can add clan channels for example, and any
    sub-channels they make (perm. or otherwise) will be cleaned up if it remains
    empty beyond the 'Channel_Delete_Dormant_Requirements' variable.

Download

Updated Files:
    ./rbmod.pl
    ./rbm_packages/*

Ar2rJke: I changed this code for you, it should attempt 6 times to duplicate the default guest group. This error usually occurs when rebooting the Mod quickly, and/or the socket's still connected. Which I'm fixing up as we speak.
    Last edited by Scor9ioN; October 6th, 2012 at 12:27 PM.

Code:
    Saturday 3:35:18 PM     LOAD    - Group Creator         - Checking Rb 'Groups' on your TS3 server...
    Use of uninitialized value $guestsID in concatenation (.) or string at rbm_packages/rbm_parent.pm line 485, <GEN0> line 1.
    Saturday 3:35:18 PM     OK      - Group Creator         - Copied Guest Group with Group ID:  To New Group ID: 8
    I just do not understand one! why regular guest has not any privileges to kick the user, and after when it comes to mod group - he can kick ...

RbMod attempts to copy the default guest group, it's not being copied / even found. which means it can't use the query 'servergrouplist' prior to this. Try adding your guest group ID into the settings.cf, as far as permissions are concerned, the mod only copies the guest group it finds, with all the permissions attached. If the Mod doesn't kickup with it's duplicated guest group then all your guest clients won't have a guest group with any permissions due to the fact that they are added to other groups, and rb mod groups which hold no permissions.

Let me know if adding your guest group ID manually to 'Default_Guest_Group_ID' works for you.....

- M.

Default_Guest_Group_ID = 8 (it's id server group def)

Quote Originally Posted by Scor9ioN View Post
    2) Well there is an exemption list that can be applied to a few features, or individual exemption lists can be added to more of the features as to apply different feature punishments to different groups/tiers. This is something that's been suggested for future releases already, more exemptions for more of the features.

But if you're talking about a 'protection' feature, which does more than just guard ones nickname on/offline... This could be done up also I guess, where the Mod would 'deop' the offender, kick / revoke permissions maybe when a 'protected' user's permissions are tampered with.... Something I've been thinking about, just not sure what type of demand there would be for it...?
    currently using this bot
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...over-or-kicker

just for the protection feature i have 2 big public servers with lots of users and shit happens

so yes basic protection as start would be great

Thread Information