Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    "Try !help for available triggers." that is a?

Now no-show rss.pl and ping does not work When you run a fashion no no errors.

Wide character in syswrite at ./rbm_tools/rbm_rss.pl line 100.
    ping: illegal option -- w
    usage: ping [-AaDdfnoQqRrv] [-c count] [-G sweepmaxsize] [-g sweepminsize]
    [-h sweepincrsize] [-i wait] [-l preload] [-M mask | time] [-m ttl]
    [-P policy] [-p pattern] [-S src_addr] [-s packetsize] [-t timeout]
    [-W waittime] [-z tos] host
    ping [-AaDdfLnoQqRrv] [-c count] [-I iface] [-i wait] [-l preload]
    [-M mask | time] [-m ttl] [-P policy] [-p pattern] [-S src_addr]
    [-s packetsize] [-T ttl] [-t timeout] [-W waittime]
    [-z tos] mcast-group
    Last edited by Gen4601; August 26th, 2013 at 03:26 PM.

Download 3.2.3 (updated) after you install the update when you run a fashion error is gone, but ping and /rbm_rss. do not work (does not show anything)

Angry

Gen4601 ... AKA Ar2rJke... I'm losing interest in supporting RbMod when I continually have someone posting every little encounter at the shell with words larger than two syllables.

You have now PMed about a dozen times at the vary least, not one thank you, just onto the next problem & the next. When 90% of your issues are user input & lack of experience.

I told you in a PM two weeks ago, the ping was fixed up for FreeBSD - If it still doesn't work, than PM me some more DATA that I can actually use...

The RSS Feed does work (Wide character fixed over a week ago..), the Ping also works, it just doesn't seem to work for you (FreeBSD / Outdated Mod) - Check the archive timestamps against yours again... (/rbm_tools/* | /rbm_packages/* | /rbmod.pl )

PS: I would kindly appreciate it if you would brush up on your English before trolling my site(s) and inbox in the future.

-M.
    Last edited by Scor9ioN; August 26th, 2013 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Russian Troller

http://5.firepic.org/5/images/2013-0...v59kqlgdc0.jpg
    http://5.firepic.org/5/images/2013-0...k50da8mgr1.jpg
    http://5.firepic.org/5/images/2013-0...k0s2ao9gp6.jpg
    http://5.firepic.org/5/images/2013-0...6a0cqo5n4t.jpg
    http://5.firepic.org/5/images/2013-0...4ov1x6acm0.jpg

I ask of You an apology - but I no longer go .Thank You for helping me.
    I don't know what's the matter - all files with the archive on the spot.
    Here are the settings rbm_settings.cf
    [DEPENDENCIES] LWP::Simple, XML::Parser.
    # Example: perl -MCPAN -e 'install libwww-perl'
    # + (ON=1/OFF=0) Display RSS data to your virtual server.
    RSS_Feed_On = 1
    # + Choose the location in which to monitor for feed updates.
    RSS_Feed_URL = http://gennoss.com/feed.php
    # + Choose the length in seconds to wait between outgoing URL reloads.
    RSS_Feed_Interval = 900
    RSS_Global_Chat_Feed = 1
    RSS_Private_Chat_Feed = 1

Ping_Meter_On = 1
    Ping_Meter_Sort_Order = 1009
    # + Choose in seconds how often each client gets pinged.
    Ping_Meter_Interval = 120
    Last edited by Gen4601; August 26th, 2013 at 06:32 PM.

Enable 'Debug' in rbm_settings (debug = 1) or use ./rbmod.pl -debug

This will show you the logs at the shell, easier to diagnose the sequence of events this way.

A) RSS_Feed_Interval = 900 (15 minutes) ... You have to wait 15 minutes before any 'new' data spills to teamspeak.

B) RSS_Feed_URL = http://gennoss.com/feed.php ... I've never parsed this URL, chances are it may not work correctly w/ my code. Use another URL or the default gamespot URL included in the archive (for testing purposes also..)

C) The Ping Meter (Turn on Debug..) may not work because of a firewall. Test your ping in FreeBSD manually (ping x.x.x.x) Can you reach the outside world from the mods freebsd machine with ping? Also try traceroute, as the mod uses this as an alternative sometimes.

-M.
    Last edited by Scor9ioN; August 26th, 2013 at 08:02 PM.

221 packets transmitted, 221 packets received, 0.0% packet loss
    round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 6.489/7.032/9.457/0.391 ms

Ping_Meter - does not work. Ping all right . TraceClients - works. -debug - ran no problems not found

Gen4601:

The RSS_Feed has a little ways to go still, as this was a fairly recent edition.
    For example; URL's that get cut in half (due to the 1024 character message limit in TS3) need to be addressed yet.

RbMod was built around English obviously, so any translation(s) could be something others might like to take on....

The Ping_Meter works on most operating systems, checking into FreeBSD's ping utility seems to reveal the same as most Linux distributions, I personally don't have a FreeBSD box here to check my rbm_ping.pl code correctly, any information you can share from a full ping test could be useful. Please paste (PM if you like) a complete ping on your server outbound. I'll go back and triple check my regexp. Anyone else running FreeBSD running into this ping issue, please PM me any info you can share also if you wish...

Gen4601, also be sure to check..
    If RbMod adds any 'Ping' server-groups at all on your server?
    Have you waited 30s - 5 minutes for all the clients to accumulate their ping group/icon...?
    Does the server have the capability of falling back to an ICMP trace-route outbound if ping <IP/DNS> fails..?

-M.

Hi Scor9ioN, we took a liking to your Mod and decided to use it for our (JRTX Gaming's) TeamSpeak 3 server. Since putting in our own rank icons, which I assembled from the big pool of icons you had already included (but I only used 28 to keep it a smaller pool), I thought it'd be nice to have a chart on our forums telling everyone about this and how much time is required on the server to gain all the various ranks.

The issue I've found is that I can't quite figure out how your code is deciding when to give people ranks - from your wording in the origional post I would guess that the formula you're using is either:
    [A] (Tt+S+Ts)/3 = R
    or
    [B] Tt+S+(Ts/3) = R

Where Tt=Total Client Time Saved, S=Scale (which I'm assuming is Military_Rank_Requirements in the settings file), Ts=Current Session Time, and R=Rank.

However these equations would both be linear, and from two different people that I've shown your code to (I'm really not experienced with Perl myself, not to the degree of trying to decypher this forumla it would seem anyways XD) agree that your function must be exponential, not linear.

Could you please clarify for me what the equation you're using for determining the ranks are? I'd just like to be able to put it up on our forums as a nice little guide for everyone, plus since we have some other clans/guilds/factions/etc. using our TeamSpeak server, they are waitinf for me to do so, as they plan to mirror/link the information on their sites/forums for their members.

A great idea overall though - we've disabled most of the functions as too much was just making us feel bloated with all the icons, but I must say it's a great concept, and it's REALLY helpful to know certain things at a glance, like other's Ping to the server, or their platform!

Code example (English version):
    <Counter> = 0
    Start loop (0-28 repetitive loops, re-iterating over this same block of code)

IF ( [Client Total Time (Current and saved) in Seconds] is greater or equal to [Exponential <Counter>] and less than [ <Counter> + Military_Rank_Requirements + (<Counter> / 4)] ) {
    We found our clients rank.
    }
    ELSE {
    <Counter> = <Counter> + Military_Rank_Requirements + (<Counter> / 4)
    }

Perl Code (RbMod snippet w/o the filler code):
    Code:
    $cnt = 0;
    for ($i = 0; $i < 29; $i++) {
        if ($CalcTime >= $cnt && $CalcTime < ($cnt + $settings_ref->{'Military_Rank_Requirements'} + sprintf "%.0f",($cnt / 4)) ) {
            say 'We found our clients rank. Do some magic now.';
        }
        $cnt = $cnt + $settings_ref->{'Military_Rank_Requirements'} + (sprintf "%.0f",($cnt / 4));    
    }

Example:
    Military_Rank_Requirements = 3600
    $CalcTime (Clients current & stored time) = 11429

Pass / loop (Rank) #1 -> $cnt equals 0
    Pass / loop (Rank) #2 -> $cnt will equal 3600
    Pass / loop (Rank) #3 -> $cnt will equal 8100
    Pass / loop (Rank) #4 -> $cnt will equal 13725
    ...and so on..

Loop #1
    if (11429 greater or equal to 0) and (11429 is less than 3600) { No Rank }
    Loop #2
    if (11429 greater or equal to 3600) and (11429 is less than 8100) { No Rank}
    Loop #3
    if (11429 greater or equal to 8100) and (11429 is less than 13725) { Rank = 3 }
    If the clients total time falls between 13725 and 8100, the current loop number equals the clients rank (rank/loop 3 in this example).

If clients Total Online Time in seconds is greater or equal to Military_Rank_Requirements + Previous Rank in seconds and less than Previous Rank in seconds + Military_Rank_Requirements + (Previous Rank in seconds / 4), we found our rank.

Say that 10 times...
    Hope this helps some what.

-M.
    Last edited by Scor9ioN; September 8th, 2013 at 07:48 AM.

My god, that helped a TON!

Not at first though, had to sit and stare at it and play with the numbers for a good half an hour before it clicked, and now I feel very stupid XD

I only have one further possible question: how do you handle any decimal trails that may appear? I would assume rule of .5, anything under .5 is rounded down, anything equal to or above .5 is rounded up, yes?

Thanks for posting what you did - once you gave me the "English Version" of your code, I not only saw it in the code, but after playing with the numbers long enough got it - it just clicked at a point!

The main reason I ask is because I see "%.0f" in there, and I'm pretty sure that tells it to trunicate any decimal for the <counter>/4 bit, but I'm not sure of that, so I figured I'd ask instead. While it would only be a difference of a second more or less in the first instance, two or three values up the exponential road that can become problematic.

sprintf("%.0f", <number>) is subject to system-specific / Perl variations. But with Perl 5.10+ you should see for example 1.5 round up, and 1.49 down.

The added second or two up the ranks only effects the overall upper & lower window margins in which we have to meet in order to obtain a rank. This doesn't add or subtract from the clients actual time accumulated, thus effecting a clients rank.

Edit: I have how ever removed the rounding entirely, since you brought it to my attention. I could see potential overlapping occurring with the rank margins, I haven't seen any adverse effects in the last year I've been running the mod, mind you everyone's settings may be a little different...

-M.
    Last edited by Scor9ioN; September 8th, 2013 at 09:10 AM.

Ah, that's what I was assuming XD If/when you (and then we) update the mod, I'll have to adjust for this instead, but thank you very much for replying so quickly to this! Really appriciated your explanations - never would have figured it out without that I don't think, and now we've got nice little guides for our specific setup with this (also did one for the triggers) so that we have it and the others using our server can mirror/link the info.

Thanks man, really appriciate not only your replies, but the swiftness/detail to them!

Wasn't really intending to point that, was just curious how it was handled - but it could (in some small, exact example) cause problems in that sense. Thanks still!

Hi,

Is it possible to set where the bot posts its messages? I mean I don't want it to say anything readable by users (not even the started message) but post it to my admin channel.

Any advice? Thanks in advance

You can run the mod with -silent (./rbmod.pl -silent -debug) are the 2 command line parameters I've recently included. This will boot-up the mod w/o any chatter.

As far as individual features, most are sent globally to the VS. (Like channel cleanup messages, channel punishments etc.).

Perhaps I can work in a toggle to eliminate mod chatter entirely.. whether it's redirected to a specified channel or PM'ed to a list of admins (like the traceroute feature does privately..) is another possibility.

-M.

Thread Information