Forum

Server Join order

Hi,
    i got a Teamspeak 3 Server with 14 Slots and sometimes the server is full, so no one can join anymore.
    Now my question: I want to have a join System on the Server, that creates a join order, by there Group on my Server. I've got 3 Groups (Guest, Member and Admin) and when the server is full and a Admin wants to join the Server, i want the system to kick a random Member, so that the Admin can join on the Server. Same thing, when a Member whants to join and a Guest is there (of course the system shouldnt kick a Member for a Member, just Member for Admin and Guest for Member).
    I hope you guys can help me and if you didnt understand anything, feel free to ask.

Edit: I forgot that i have an AFK Channel on the Server and it would be nice, if there's a way to let the Server kick somebody out of the AFK Channel, to make place for a joining Member.

Thx

You can define an amount of reserved slots and assign permissions to serveradmins to use this reserved slots.
    Unfortunately there is no possibility to have some sort of order which group or client gets to use them first.

Okay, how can i define reserved slots and can i assign them only to admins or to any group ?

Edit the server and set the reserved slots (provided you have permission to do so).
    Assign permission "b_client_use_reserved_slot" to the group that should use it.

Thanks for your help, it works fine.
    Now i've got one more Question: Is there a possibillity to define a period of time, for example 5 minutes, and when you are longer than 5 minutes in the Channel, you're automatically kicked from the server. I just want this for the Entrance Channel, the Channel where you're in, when you join the server.
    Is this possible or not ?

Such a feature is not available by default but could be created using the http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...amework-1-1-15 and a small php script.
    Basically you need to connect to the server and receive every second a clientlist. If a client then is in a specified channel(id) and has an idletime over 300 seconds, this client will be kicked.

You can automatically kick Clients from a Server that are not doing anything for a certain amount of time by using the i_client_max_idletime Permission. So if you were to assign that Permission on your Default Channel (right Click the channel -> Channel Permissions) with a value of 300 then everyone who would be in that channel without any activity for more than 5 Minutes would be kicked.

However this only works if they don't do anything, if they are talking in the Lobby, or sending Messages, muting Microphone etc. they will not be kicked. If you want to kick them regardless whether they do something or not then you'd need to use a Script which would store the time they entered a Channel and when the time expired check if they are still in the Default Channel at which point you would kick them. See the Link maxi provided for a Framework which could help you to do this in PHP.

Okay, i guess the max idletime Permission will be enough. I got the problem that random guys, which i dont know, join my server and disrupt people in their channels. I stopped this by defining the Guest group (that's ofc the standard group, when you join the server for the first time) with no important permissions. They cant join any channel, cant talk and i guess they cant even write, so these guys can only stay in the lobby or leave the server. Now the problem is, that i only have 14 Slots and if 5 strangers are in the lobby, doing nothing, they block slots for other users. I hope the max idletime will solve this problem, if not, i'll try it with a PHP.
    Edit: Will someone be kicked, if he tries to write a message, but has no permission for that, or will the idle timer reset ?
    Last edited by Surviverx; August 27th, 2012 at 09:51 PM.

The Timer will only reset on successful Actions.

Thread Information