Forum

Server Requirement for Teamspeak 3

Hi! I'm a bit new to TS, so please pardon my ignorance if my questions seem to be a bit too noobish.

I would like to know what the server requirements are for a TS3 installation. We are planning to install it for a client on a VPS or maybe a small personal dedicated server, whichever is more cost-effective, with the following specs:

VPS:
    1024Mb RAM
    50Gb HDD
    1Gbps shared uplink
    Unlimited Bandwidth

Dedicated Server:
    Single Quad-Core processor
    2048Mb RAM
    100Gb HDD
    100Mbps dedicated uplink
    10Tb per month Bandwidth

Either of them would be configured as a LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) server with Centos 6+ 64-bit as the OS. Would those configurations be overkill? The installation wouldn't be heavily utilized, and mainly just for voice comms by around 10-40 users maximum (most probably way less than that). Those setups may also be upgraded, if they don't have sufficient resources.

Again, I'm sorry if my questions seem to be too noobish. I'm familiar with servers and server management, since I'm a dedicated server reseller and I also operate a VPS & webspace hosting business, but I am a bit unfamiliar with how TS works.

I would very much appreciate any help and advice that you can give me.

Thank you very much in advance for your assistance.

Hey.

I have running machine with Debian "Wheezy" 7.0:
    512 mb ram
    100 mbit uplink
    25 GB HDD
    1 CPU @1.60 GHz

TS3 server uses from 2.8% of RAM to 6.3% of RAM. It's about 15 to 50 mb of ram.
    Actually I have Voice Encryption turned on. It uses maximum of 30-40% of CPU with 150 users online at same time.
    Server needs ~8 kilobits per user. It depends on number of clients in one channel. Personally I can say that 10 mbits uplink is way too much for my ~150 users.
    About bandwidth - My server uses about 300 GB monthly with maximum of 150 users. About 10-15 GB daily.

Personally I think that both of your configurations are way too much for TS3 Server. It shoudn't make any problems running on any of such machine, but you know how it is. You need to test it yourself . I've just gave you some technical informations about my own server, remember that they're dynamic and depend on more things than just users. Anyway you have some informations "how it is".

Good luck.

In that case, I guess we can get by with a smaller VPS since you are running much more traffic than we ever expect to have. I'm used to VPS setups that are used for heavy file transfers (i.e. Sborg, Rapidleech, etc), which is why I thought it would require something similar to that.

I can submit my proposal to the client now...

Thank you very much for the advice!

Yeah I know how these things work. Hopefully TS uses very low bandwidth, ram and cpu, much less than I expected when I ran it for first time. That's the reason why I love this voice server .

I'm glad that these informations helped you .

Requirements ts3 server installation on Windows Server 2003

hello, I'm starting on this and wanted to know what are the requirements for a ts3 server works perfectly on a vps windows server 2003.

if you have any tutorial or manual settings, if needed apart from ts3 server programs.

Yeah, by installing gui operating system (windows server) you need at least 512-1024 more ram (so it's 1 gb at least), also some more additional cpu power.

We run TS3 (amongst a load of other stuff) on a Windows Server 2003 VPS with 768MB RAM & it's using between 60% - 70% RAM at the moment

TS3 resource usage question.

Please let me know what the expected server load would be for both 1 and 2 TS3 32 seat servers.
    I have a NPL license and have one TS3 and one virtual server ( I think thats right phrasing ) .
    What I'm looking for is expected ram & cpu utilization. Does having 2 servers ( alterego & th ) have any significant difference then having just alterego?

The os is centos x64
    Thanks.

p.s. I realize alot of this is based on the number of seats, we currently have ours set to max 32 each.

Quote Originally Posted by ARCHI View Post
    Hey.

I have running machine with Debian "Wheezy" 7.0:
    512 mb ram
    100 mbit uplink
    25 GB HDD
    1 CPU @1.60 GHz

TS3 server uses from 2.8% of RAM to 6.3% of RAM. It's about 15 to 50 mb of ram.
    Actually I have Voice Encryption turned on. It uses maximum of 30-40% of CPU with 150 users online at same time.
    Server needs ~8 kilobits per user. It depends on number of clients in one channel. Personally I can say that 10 mbits uplink is way too much for my ~150 users.
    About bandwidth - My server uses about 300 GB monthly with maximum of 150 users. About 10-15 GB daily.

Personally I think that both of your configurations are way too much for TS3 Server. It shoudn't make any problems running on any of such machine, but you know how it is. You need to test it yourself . I've just gave you some technical informations about my own server, remember that they're dynamic and depend on more things than just users. Anyway you have some informations "how it is".

Good luck.
    can i do an server teamspeak with an dualcore ?

Quote Originally Posted by Air SeaTac View Post
    We run TS3 (amongst a load of other stuff) on a Windows Server 2003 VPS with 768MB RAM & it's using between 60% - 70% RAM at the moment
    Hi i have Win2003x86 to.. server version 3.2.0 works.. new version 3.3.0 missing dll bcrypt.dll

Quote Originally Posted by kosac View Post
    Hi i have Win2003x86 to.. server version 3.2.0 works.. new version 3.3.0 missing dll bcrypt.dll

Similar situation here. Was using a Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 Edition to host a TS3 server and was on an older server version. Am now upgrading to 3.2.0 with the hopes that it will support current clients.

Aside from them dropping Vista and XP support a few versions ago, it seems the "final straw" with the new server version is that it added support for SSH which seems to use whatever next generation/CNG cryptographic API (bcrypt.dll) that is only available in Vista and newer.

Thread Information