Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Skip Flag problems

Well, Since we disabled the Skip Flag to make it so Server Admin's can't enter every room, but they can if we give them "Captain", but the problem with this is, if someone makes a room and gets Channel Admin, they can add SERVER ADMIN. Which means they have all the powers to remove, etc.

I was able to stop this, but it then disallows server admin's from adding other server admin's and removing server admins. If we have the Channel Admin group. Well now thinking if we have Server Admin do we need Channel Admin?

Most likely Channel Admin have a higher i_group_member_add_power which would allow them to add Members to the Server Admin Group.
    Check the Channel Admin's i_group_member_add_power it should be lower than the i_group_needed_member_add_power of the Server Admin Group, same goes for the i_group_member_remove_power compared to the i_group_needed_member_remove_power.

Ok, I did all that, So basically we shouldn't add Server Admin with Channel Admin as well?

You can use whatever combination of groups you prefer / need to reach your goal. It all depends on what you want clients to be able to do and where, which sets the layout of where you assign which permissions.

Thread Information