Forum

What is what, and how do you get a plugin instead of an executable

Before someone is telling me to RTFM...
    I did and I did like the documentation, easy and straightforward, at least so it seems.

First I downloaded the 3.0.2 SDK and looked around in some examples, easy enough. I had to find out on this very forum that you had to run your own server from the sdk example to make it work with a client.
    Tbh, a how to get started section in the documentation would be very handy.

But after building this executable I wondered how I could get myself a dll to use within the regular teamspeak client. The makefiles of linux seemed to make an executable as well (I'm using windows atm).
    Is there any easy way to do it? Does it just requires some extra plugin details and compile it as library?

I found that the regular TS client already had a pluginsdk folder with an example that compiled a test_plugin which seemed to work directly. Great, also it looked like the very same documentation. I just wonder what's so different?

So basicly my question is: where or how do I develop with this sdk?
    I consider myself to be an advanced programmer in c-like languages. I just wonder why getting started with the sdk has to be so unclear. A little tutorial that shows you around this sdk would attract more developers perhaps?

In case you wonder what I want to develop: I want to develop a filter that simply removes those annoying 50Hz or 60Hz sounds from the mic. I programmed the filters in c++ a while ago and thought they might work out very well for TS.

Ok, so I sort of solved my own problem.
    I didn't really look at the downloaded SDK but just used the client pluginsdk already available in the teamspeak client.

The filter worked quite well, noise was removed but also added since I filter per buffer instead of using a circular buffer for example. So I still need to make myself a circular buffer for the audio since the notch filter requires a bit of a continuous stream.

Just one question to perfect it tho.
    the callback "onEditCapturedVoiceDataEvent" has a parameter "int* edited".
    In the documentation it states":
    If the sound data will be send, (*edited | 2) is true.
    So what I understand from this that the microphone is continuously recording and you just could receive the samples continuous as well? That would be perfect since you would really be able to remove the humm very well.

Anyway, I'd still like to know if I used the SDK correctly, since now I don't really have proper debugging options. So far I didn't find any memory leaks luckily

The results of my plugin:
    Name:  humm2.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  380.9 KB

I still need to test things a bit more, maybe adjust some filter variables as well...
    Then I'll probably upload this to the TS3 plugins

Thread Information