Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

PC Slows Down Drastically

Hi all,

I have searched for an answer to this puzzle, however here is my problem.

I can start TeamSpeak 3 perfectly fine, program starts up quick and there are not any glitches. But, when I connect to a server problems ensue. My CPU usage and Memory usage do not spike and remain at normal levels, around 45% and 50% respectively with Guildwars2 and FireFox running also. But, everything else goes to crap.

When I move my mouse, the cursor will jump around and stick, it takes forever to open up other programs (provided I can even get my cursor to them to open them), hitting my windows key will not open the start menu. Pretty much my only option is to Alt-F4 and close the program. I have tried connecting to a server with nothing but TS running, and the results are the same.

I have tried connecting to my server with no one in it as well as multiple public servers and get the same thing. I have used TS on this computer for a long time now and this just started happening recently. My internet connection is solid (15mb), although I don't know why that would effect programs running on my computer.

PC Specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600)
    Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 830 Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Page File: 3784MB used, 12596MB available
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11

please post a client log. also try disabling the overlay plugin as that has been known to cause problems.

The overlay plugin was not enabled, not sure if it is supposed to be enabled by default or not but I just uninstalled and reinstalled TS3 earlier today.

I'm attaching the config file for the most recent attempt.
    Attached Files Attached Files

So, anyone have any ideas on how to correct this issue? I have Ventrilo that I use sometimes, but I do not have my own Vent server. I do not have any of these issues with Ventrilo.

Ok, so I "fixed" it. I restored TS to an earlier version using windows restore (back to Feb 2012). So, whatever updates have been done since then my computer does not agree with.

If anyone else has these issues, might want to see if you have a restore point that you can use.

Thread Information